*New! Adidas Badminton

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by derrickn, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    more information on the sponsorship. Wong Wing Ki and Nozomi Okuhara's sponsorship will start April 1st, when their current contract ends.

the sponsorship will be similar to Viktor's, from head to toe. all clothing, rackets, shoes, etc, etc, will be Adidas. during team events they will conform to the team's sponsorship.

2. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

He must have a lazy foot, where he drags that (left)foot behind him when he lunges with his right foot (I assume he's right handed), so the shoe rubs against the court surface.

3. visor

visor Regular Member

lol..you're calling a pro player lazy? ;)

Fyi, in order to maintain balance while lunging, it is *normal* and necessary to drag the non leading foot. ;)

4. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

Lol I do it as well, I burnt through a pair of Victor SH8000 Ace doing that.

But for preserving the shoes I put that hospital strapping tape (several layers of it) so I don't burn through it.

5. mirko

mirko Regular Member

I would say: Viktor is all out @ the All England

:crying::):crying::):crying::):crying::):crying::):crying::):crying::):crying::):crying::):crying::):crying::):crying::):crying::)

6. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

thanks a lot for the review, Sevex.
    Did the Adipower Tour really feel as stiff as Arcsaber z-slash? that' s quite stiff (to me). it's labelled as medium by Adidas...

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Looks very much like the ArcZS. Rather light, even balance, medium shaft. The ArcZS is not stiff, nor is it really head heavy (the balance might be, but then the weight would have to be rather low...it's definitely a low swing wt).

8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Is the Z-Slash light weight or do you just happen to have a light one? Stock Z-Slash I have here [strings, original grip + plastic] weighs 93 gram. AT700 in same condition also weighs 93 gram. Even the bp is the same at ~303mm (but BG65 and G4 on Slash and BG68Ti and G3 on AT700)

9. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

if adipower Tour is not stiff and has the balance like the Victor MX series (not too head heavy) then this will be the one i am going to get... i just can handle stiff rackets:(

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I had this one and a ZS TH, both were not head heavy. Neither was stiff. If your AT700 and ZS have the same BP and weight, somethings wrong :D With string and no heavy grip it should be in 310+ territory.

Edit: which generation AT700 is that? I only know the one LD used, which is basically the same as the N90 (which I own)...

11. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

They are indeed not headheavy or very stiff but they are not light rackets by design or something (Z-Slash). And the AT700 are the originals yes and indeed quite headlight ones :cool: (both produced on April 20 2004, one is 303 and the other 305 strung with BG68Ti). The 2006 I have from just before the new colour is around 300 unstrung but has those mp strips ("continuous grommets") added. Just tried to weigh some loose ones and they don't even register on the scale so makes probably no more than a few mm difference.
    On the BBE webshop iirc the second gen was listed as more headheavy as well and 4U's are a little more headheavy in general as well when measured (which are the only ones sold in the US and perhaps responsible for the more extreme measurements reported :D)

BBE AT700 old: 298mm +/-3mm (http://www.bbeshop.com/yonex/yonex2005/racket_at700.htm)
    BBE AT700 new: 302mm +/-3mm (http://www.bbeshop.com/yonex/yonex2007/racket_at700new.htm)

• Adidas ... yada yada yada ... all in ... [​IMG]. Shoes rrp 100 euro I believe, store price <=90?
    • As for the marks on Axelsen's shoe, that is where the AdiTuff extra protection is added and Shintaro Ikeda went through the AdiTuff on a pair of the old model in 2 months ... and frankly it looked tougher on said model [​IMG]

#771 demolidor, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  12. Limited328

Limited328 Regular Member

I'm more interested on the quality and pricing of their feather shuttlecocks.

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    quality. very good. at least the highend ones. pricing is also very high. :( hopefully the street price will be more affordable.

i am expected to get the rest of the shuttle range to be tested so let's see how they fare.

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Well I only had a few hits with a friend's AT700, but it was definitely a whole other racket than the whippy ArcZS. Even when using my Braveswords, that thing still feels light and unstable :S

Well, if the shoe held up 2 months with Ikeda, it's definitely good! I have killed 4 or 5 pairs of shoes at that spot (most of them Yonex), and it's usually after 2 or 3 months. In the last season, I went through 3 pairs of shoes (Season started in September) - 1 Victor 9000Ace (had used it for 2,5 months prior, so it lasted 3 months), which got a hole where the left big toe is, 1 Yonex SHB86, which had the hole on the side (just like in Axelsen's pic) and just tore completely in a training session, and 1 SH-F1M which had that hole as well, which I sent into retirement because the dampening was just gone (right heel).
    In the 3 years I've been playing, I went through a total of 10 pairs, being on my 11th now.

So a pro's shoe lasting 2 months doesn't bother me much :D

15. visor

visor Regular Member

Dang! So where do you have money left over to buy any rackets? :p :D

16. CantSmashThis

CantSmashThis Regular Member

May I test one this Sunday @CBA?

17. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    That was really shocking...my question is the same with visor, where do you have money left over to buy rackets?
    If i wear out shoes in the same speed as you, i might end up buying Astec or Flypower shoes, instead of Yonex or those expensive brand :D. On top of that, i will buy racket once in two year, instead of once in a year.

18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Well, I got most of my rackets in the first year, where I only used 2 pairs....after that, not so much money for new stuff anymore :D Stringing rackets helps....still, some kind of sponsorship would be immensely helpful for next season. Won't be able to afford another 3 rackets breaking like this season!

19. Sevex

Sevex Regular Member

Academia, CFD/ wind engineering
    I have never thought of the Z-slash as stiff... It is medium flex to me. But I haven't had one around to compare to in about 8 months, maybe my memory is deceiving me.

From what I remember of the Z-slash the adipower tour is a lot more stable. In fact it felt incredibly stable for a more flexy racket. I went back to trying to the panda power trinity 2 last night for comparison and the tour was more stable than it and on par with the MX80 (not quite as solid feeling on impact though).

j4ckie, I wouldn't say the tour or the z-slash is light. Both are a fairly "normal" weight for a badminton racket. Especially with the oncoming silliness of the flash-boost. I would say the tour is around the weight of most Victor rackets, including the MX80 and also the balance of the MX80, 70 and 60. It is probably why I could adjust very quickly to it.

The adipower zero or F500 on the other hand are not much lighter but they have a very light swing weight. It was like a feather. They also weren't quite as stable, but that might have been from me mis-hitting a lot more with them.

20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i compared my adipower pro with a AT900P and the adipower pro is actually slightly longer!

any length differences will be illusion of some sort. the handles are shorter compared to Yonex.

depending on the model, they are really really good shuttles. totally reminds me of the old Aeroplane Black that no longer exist. hopefully the street price will come down a bit compared to what i was quoted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.