Cheap place (preferably online shopping) to buy genuine Voltric 80?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by kelvin1338, Jan 12, 2013.

1. kelvin1338

kelvin1338 Regular Member

Student
    I would like to buy a Voltric 80 but where can I buy 1 for cheap? I mean less than 110 pounds? Most offers are over 130 pounds!

I am from UK, and from Birmingham, I live in Sutton Coldfield and there are very few or none badminton stores nearby...so I have to buy online.

I saw an offer on e78 in Hong Kong for around 95 pounds, I would love to buy it when I go to Hong Kong but that have to be in 7 monthes time (shipping price equals it out again if I were to order it to be sended to UK)

Does anyone know and websites which sells genuine Voltric 80? Or any site which the Voltric 80 is at a discount?

2. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

Malaysia most sellers sell at 110 pounds but it is definitely not included shipping. So I guess this will not be worked if you want to look for as Malaysia sell Yonex considered cheapest around the world, unless you go for TH coded or TW coded.

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Note that the profit margin for retailers is very small on Yonex racquets. I doubt you will find it significantly cheaper anywhere. Thai coded racquets used to be much cheaper but currency changes have negated the price advantage.

4. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Why don't you ask around to see if there's anyone else (say at your club) that is also looking to buy a new Yonex racquet, then share the cost of shipping with them?

5. kelvin1338

Student
    I thought that at first but e78 in Hong Kong sold Voltric 80 for 1200 HKD (95 GBP) but England sells Voltric 80 for 140-160 GBP, it's like two thirds of the price

6. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

shipping from e78 costs betweeen 5 to 16 GBP only. including shipping you can get a VT80 at almost 110 GBP.

7. kelvin1338

Student
    I asked him for VT80+BG80 string and Mr Chan replied to me it would cost $1220 + $20(stringing) + $236 = $1529 total (124 GBP)

The only thing I can do now is wait 7 entire months until I go back to Hong Kong to buy it or find a cheaper genuine offer(risky)...

By the way have you ever bought anything from e78? They sell authentic/genuine stuff right?

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    124GBP x 1.2 = 148.8 GBP

Seems like UK prices are not too bad once VAT is taken into account.

9. vajrasattva

yup have bought from e78 b4.. they pack their racquets into this large flat cardboard box.. came in v good condition.. racquets are authentic. they have a good reputation too

he ships quick too.

considering the VAT etc, i guess you might be better off buying it in the UK? unless a relative buys it for you and decides to give it to you as a present, you ship it in as a gift so there may not be a tax on it..

10. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

it is hard for you to find another online place who can beat mr chan's price and his service. do visit his new shop when you are back in hk then, and bring lots of cash with you too.

11. redbluecai

redbluecai New Member

CEO
    yeah,do visit his new shop when you are back in hk then, and bring lots of cash with you too.[​IMG]

12. kelvin1338

Student
    Damn, I guess I have to wait 6 and a half more months then :( And might anyone know why Mr Chan sell rackets for so cheap?

13. vajrasattva

thats a long wait..

to me time is $$.. i wouldnt wait that long just to save tens of dollars though due to the amount of utility that a racquet can bring me... :(

14. kelvin1338

Student
    Oh well, I'm not in a hurry and I only play badminton for fun/at a club, I play in no major competitions so I can wait 6 months :D I've been using my HiQua Power 2070 for 7 years, it is the only racket I have ever used in badminton (very few times other rackets) and I am getting bored of it even though the racket still looks new :D

15. vajrasattva