Saina Nehwal

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by saina fan, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrinalini

mrinalini Regular Member

Student
    "When she wins, she's great"? Then she can't be all that great considering all the countless times she's lost. LOL!

Nehwal also says that when she's fully fit she can handle any of the Chinese players. I guess that means she wasn't fit at the Olympics or at any of the other major tournaments. LOL!

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Peace, peace..brothers and sisters.:cool:

3. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    Handling does not mean winning....

4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    You are right. hehehe..:p

5. mrinalini

mrinalini Regular Member

Student
    Uh huh. So when she says she can handle someone, what do you think she means? That she can play well enough against them but not beat them?

Riiight.

6. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Wow.. You came right back !!!!!!...
    I pity you.. For some of the so called saina haters, i wanna mention something.. I bravely announce that she is the one who created history in india by winning the first medal for badminton.
    She has done single handedly for india. Excellent work saina.... She dont believe in bunches. lol:D
    "History making is a prestigious and marvelous than just making victory one among the others which their ancestors have done it already" lol

We are history makers.. :D

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I would agree. What would be the point of saying you can handle an opponent but not be able to beat them in recent tournaments?

Either it's loss of form for whatever reason (and so presently unable to handle them), or the opponents have worked out a strategy to make the wins. In any case, Saina (or any other player) have to develop their own strategy. Nothing wrong with that if you want to stay at the top.

8. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Yeah.. She handled handsome bunch of people already in recent times... Yihan, Li xuerui, shixian, li han, CXJ, Liu xin etc.. .. She does not get chance to play jiang yanjiao this year.. What do you mean by all these victories.. ???
    We can proudly say that she is handling a bunch... not a particular person... :D

9. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

yo, you need to come back to reality.. stop living in denial or in SN's fan group world.. no one really said she suck at badminton. i guess MAJORITY of the people agrees that she is a top player.. yes, she's beaten a handful bunch of chinese players, and players from all around the world several times, but that handful bunch of chinese players n few of players from other country also have beaten her several times, please do not ignore/forget those because you seem to be doing so. She's great but not the greatest ok??

10. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    This thread is for saina... So, guys who want to disgrace her fame or want to ridicule her for nothing, i wanna request one thing.. Please dont do this here. She is not fit in this tournament. Thats why she could not win it.. Thats all. Full stop to this topic..

11. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Let the facts tell...

Except WSX, SN holds losing H2H to all other top Chinese WS players including JYJ, WYH, WX, LXR, WL.... So who's more able to handle who?

And I may tend to agree that whenever WSX lost to SN, WSX must be not 100% fit, or not even 50% fit.... :D

12. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

This thread is "all about" SN, may not necessarily all "for" or "pro" SN. All fair comments are welcome...

13. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

ok, if thats how u SEE things. But if u think I've disgrace SN in my posts, that would means I've disgraced each and every badminton player in this world... :eek: oh my god, what have I done?? :eek: I think I need help, maybe a psychiatrist to help me realise your point of view because obviously mine is very very very very wrong.. ok, i'll get my brain fixed as soon as possible so that I can think smart like you ;)

14. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

How dare you! To disgrace India the "badminton powerhouse" in this forum, and even to disgrace SN the powerhouse of this powerhouse in her house, this thread, here! :D

15. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

Oh this thread is heating up again. We all agree that Saina is a top player in the world and is one of the dominant non-chinese players along with Julianne, Tine and others in recent years. Actually, all of us indians are really proud of her achievements. Some of us do favor her a little bit too much, sometimes on the expense of other players. We all agree that beating Chinese players is not easy and there are very few players who are beating them a few times and Saina is one of those players.
    Lets not forget that in India there is no China like top class facilities and coaches, and its a big thing that Saina is doing so much that before her no women badminton player has done in our country.

16. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

i agree that SN is a great WS player, and have nothing bad towards her. her achievement so far is not bad at all, very good indeed, if we see the history of badminton in India.

my problem is just that some fans don't mind to bashing all the opponents SN defeat when she won, but at the other side, always give any reason when SN lost (esp. to the players he/she bashing before). just a bit unfair for me. but let's just stop here then. maybe that is what fans called for. :)

#1196 bad's fan, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  17. yamsyams

yamsyams Regular Member

No one is discrediting SN's achievements. Just that some of her fans need to take it down a notch. We don't want another case like when LCW feel that he had to apologize for his fan's video ;)

18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes

Sorry , but I don't quite agree...

With respect to some of Saina's fans, yes, they are pretty exuberant in their support of their idol. At the same time, they have not discredited other players and in fact having read some of their comments on other player's threads, I'm a little bemused as to why they are being targetted. Maybe it is a case of not "belonging" to the clique? ;)

At the same time, I can't help but notice that there are many more members who have been systematically polluting player's and tournament threads with innuendo, baiting, and judgemental diatribes against perceived threats and outrages. I have also noticed that scorpion1's more "passionate" posts have generally been in response to a bait or an outright crass comment by some member with an (usually anti/nationalistic/personal) axe to grind. If you can censure him for his reponse, why don't you censure the baiter even more vigorously? Maybe one should begin by asking those people to take it down a notch? :(

There are people who are far more toxic and insidious in their effect on this forum, than scorpion1; he is just openly exuberant and supportive, and although his expressions may not be "acceptable" to more "sophisticated" people, there is nothing wrong with his heart, and his logic for the most part. And no, he is not related to me! :D

Speaking for myself, I am very, very heartened to see the growth of positive and openly noticable support for Saina, and Indian players and India as an emerging badminton power. This support was very noticably lacking until recently. In fact, it had been quite the norm for some people on this forum to scorn and belittle India's (and their supporters') efforts. But it's good to see that is changing... :)

#1198 cobalt, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  19. yamsyams

yamsyams Regular Member

Can't say I'd agree with the bolded area, but fair enough to the rest of the post.

Obvious trolling posts should, rightfully, be ignored. That said, I personally have no problems if one chooses to express his/her issues with such posts, even if they're feeding the troll.

I do, however, have a problem with some of scorpion1's posts, in that he seems to jump on anyone not heaping praises on Saina (or any other Indian player for that matter) and immediately brand the said poster as anti-SN/India, even if the person is making a fair comment. I'm inclined to believe, as you do, that he's simply an exuberant supporter, in which case I feel that he should moderate his thoughts better as part of forum etiquette, which is why I asked him to "take it down a notch".

20. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I notice however, that he has certainly moderated his stance of late! :D But I wouldn't fault him if he takes umbrage to, or responds sharply to pokes and prods from baiters and haters. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.