Yonex Voltric 9, VT9

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by aramistuscany, Jan 27, 2012.

1. tyshk

tyshk Regular Member

I have also tried VT70 as well, in my perspective, the stiffness btn VT70 and VT5 is very similar, but VT70 has a much slimmer shaft, therefore VT70 is more repulsive than VT5.
    And just love the sound of the voltric series, the sharp & high pitched swing noise make me so excited :p

2. nguye304

nguye304 New Member

student
  3. karyaw

karyaw Regular Member

Students
    hey guys.. anyone looking for voltric 9, my friend selling for rm230 only..with unstrung and free one karakal grip..is totally new and original..still got the sunrise sticker

4. Gunnersfan

Gunnersfan Regular Member

Student
    i used carbonex 8400 and carbonex 10 SP few years ago(i still keep the carbonexs) before i change to voltric and yes, the hitting sound a bit different....
    looks like yonex isnt bluffing after all....
    i feel like i want to play everyday....
    im in love with my VT70 now....X-)

5. Sam Vimes

Sam Vimes Regular Member

Thanks to all that contributed to this thread.In the last couple of months I've come back to badminton with a vengence after only playing very occasionally for many years.To give you some idea how long it has been, my rackets were a Carlton Powerflo BR (boron) and a Carlton Classic Ceramic.Both are on the original stringing which is well past its best, particularly on the well used Powerflo.Realistically, I should have just had them restrung. However, given how much a restring would cost, I thought I'd look at new rackets. Surely things must have moved on in over twenty years.Playing more singles than I ever did previously, I was quite aware that baseline to baseline shots were taking far too much effort.Not really knowing what was what or what sort of standard of player I may be considered now. I was ok in my teens and twenties, but life has taken its inevitable toll.All I really knew is that I was enjoying myself, despite being horribly fat and unfit, doing pretty well against those I was playing against but struggling for distance andpower.Carlton doesn't seem to be quite the same brand as it once was so my previous loyalty to them has gone. I was inclined to go down the route that so many favour andlook to Yonex. The Voltric series really caught my eye. In the past, I'd just have gone for the top of the range without thinking too deeply about it. However, I seem tobe getting slightly more sensible in my old age and I'm not certain how much I may end up playing in the future. On handling the various Voltrics I decided that thesensible option would be the VT9. After buying it, and doing a little more research (not the best way round to do your research), I started to wonder if it might be a little stiff for a bluffer like me.Today was the first opportunity I've had to play with the VT9. My after the main event research showed people talking of mis-timed shots, no dramas at all with that,I quickly adjusted to the new racket. Baseline to baseline shots required a lot less effort, back hand returns aren't feeble and, suddenly, I've got my smash back!Thoroughly enjoyed playing with the VT9, but now I get to wondering just how good the more expensive Voltrics are!Is there a market for antique Carlton rackets? ;)

6. Sam Vimes

Sam Vimes Regular Member

Anyone know if Yonex do any of their strings in electric blue? ;)

7. AZbadman

AZbadman Regular Member

Sales and Marketing
    The Voltric 9 racquet plays like a top of the line premium racquet. This is a really good racquet for the price and can fit advance players easily. This racquet is amazing and I highly recommend it. The finish and quality is as good or better than the higher end racquets.

8. kampungboy

kampungboy Regular Member

Sales
    Sam, I like to share my experience on Voltric series and hope it helps. I used VT9 beginning of this year and I enjoyed greatly especially the smashing power of the racket. However, being a 3U stiff head heavy (just slightly head lighter than VT80) racket, it is very tiring for my arm after 2-3 singles games. Everything just slow down after that. I just bought a used 4U VT80 two months ago and well, no more tired arm after 2-3 singles games. The best thing is I did not lose any of the smashing power. The racket is very fast and I have no problem at the net and defense. I think I read it somewhere it is because of the thinner shaft. Totally in love with VT80 now. Just one suggestion, I am small size and that was the reason I picked 4U VT80. If you have the power, go for 3U.

9. Gunnersfan

Gunnersfan Regular Member

Student
    i also faced the same problem as you because im quite a wristy player, so i felt VT9 is too heavy for me...
    i bought 4U VT70 3 months ago and i feel better with it...

10. kampungboy

Sales
    I cannot speak for other rackets or clones but for Voltric series, one need to pay much more for a better racket. I realized this when I started with my 1st racket, a VT7. It is 4U flex shaft and slightly head heavy. A very friendly and fast racket. However, when I compared it with my friend's 4U VT80 (mine now) that is much more head heavy. I was surprised that it is as fast as my VT7!!! But, lower end racket is good for someone still looking for the goto racket or on budget.

11. ChongHL

ChongHL Regular Member

Good to have someone owned VT7, VT9 and VT80.

So, what happen to your VT7 and VT9 then?

12. kampungboy

Sales
    My son is playing my VT7. I might sell or keep my VT9. It is a decent racket. Just that I am not strong enough to handle it. I am thinking of getting another high end Voltric (2013 model?) in future if I have the budget.

13. ChongHL

ChongHL Regular Member

Its really good to have someone owned almost all the voltric range and compare it. At less no bias comments.Thank you.

14. tyshk

tyshk Regular Member

#114 tyshk, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  15. Chien

Chien Regular Member

Selling of a 2 week old Voltric 9 Ltd for RM320 delivered within Malaysia. Strung with red Yonex BG66 Red 25lb and a synthetic apacs grip. I'm a nanoray guy. Anyone interested?

16. ChongHL

ChongHL Regular Member

Hi Chien,

Pls go to buy sell forum and post it with pictures.

Sorry to say, your price is above what we can get from retail.

Good luck.

17. Casperwinde

Casperwinde Regular Member

Student
    :)been considering voltric 9 and 5 for a long time... worried of using stiff and 3u racket as i get used with my 5u fleet head light racket ad...

18. Casperwinde

Casperwinde Regular Member

Student
    just bought the vt9 ltd!! would love to see how it performs!:)

19. ChongHL

ChongHL Regular Member

Any comment or review?

:D

20. drkhan989

drkhan989 Regular Member

Doctor
    after a lot of stalling and research i have bought voltric 9.i was a bit doubtful at first after reading the paul stewart's review but after playing with this racket...WOW!!!!....amazing power...i am realy impressed.According to me vt9 is better suitable for singles!