Wong Pei Tty & Chin Eei Hui

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by ahwp1990, Jun 23, 2006.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

anyway, all the best to them in tomorrow's final ;)

2. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Congratulations to WPT/CEH on winning the Super Series Master Finals... Well done gals!!

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Congrats gals. After a shaky Semi Finals, and trailing 14-19... 19-20 in 2nd set, they re-focused & took the USD$42 K in deuce.

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well done...hope they will reduce their error...then...they can beat anyone they like...

5. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    The more I see Wong Pei Tty, the more I'm reminded of Xia Xuanze :p

6. snowflake

snowflake Regular Member

are you sure:eek:
    you must be joking:cool:

7. eaglehelang

The Star Online > Sports
    Monday December 22, 2008
    Eei Hui-Pei Tty cap tremendous year with biggest title

IT is rare to see the women’s doubles shuttlers Chin Eei Hui-Wong Pei Tty show their emotions on the court but yesterday, they jumped for joy and hugged each other after nailing their biggest career title.

The duo lived up to their top billing to take the Super Series Masters Finals women’s doubles title with a hard-fought 21-15, 22-20 victory over Indonesians Lilyana Natsir-Vita Marissa at the Likas Indoor Stadium in Kota Kinabalu yesterday.

It could have been an easy task for Eei Hui-Pei Tty to pick up the winners’ purse of US$42,000. But they made life difficult for themselves and trailed 14-19 in the second game.

But known for their tremendous fighting spirit and true grit, the world No. 2 pair showed nerves of steel to make a remarkable comeback to seal victory.

With the win yesterday, Eei Hui-Pei Tty capped their most successful year of their badminton careers. They had won the Danish Open and emerged as the runners-up in the French Open, China Open and reached the semi-finals of the Hong Kong Open.
    Pei Tty was happy that they succeeded in capitalising on the absence of the China pairs.

“It could have been different in the presence of the Chinese pairs. But in their absence, we knew the fight for the title was open and we stood a very good chance of winning it. We are glad that we took our chances well,” she said.

Pei Tty added that past, they would have panicked and cracked if they trailed in the crucial stages of a match.

“But not now. We have grown to be more steady in the crucial stages. We keep our emotions in check and we do not get rattled easily,” she said.

Pei Tty added that they had bridged the gap with the top pairs from China and South Korea.

“We know where we stand even though we won a major title today. We certainly have narrowed the gap but more work needs to be done to beat the top Chinese pairs consistently,” she said.

Although happy, Eei Hui said that she needed to improve on her physical condition if they are to keep up with the strong pairs in the world next season.

Eei Hui had lacked training as she had spent some time taking a break and going for rehabilitation on ankle and knee injuries.

“It has been a great year for us. But I know that I will have to work on my physical condition. I have to be fitter to complement Pei Tty better,” she said.

8. eaglehelang

9. george@chongwei

wow, yesterday match was damn excited..hehe:p
    luckily they manage to keep their cool and not panicked to win the match ;)

10. george@chongwei

11. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

WPT reminds u of XXZ.lol.hmmm, i dont c any differences between them.what makes u say that Oldhand?n congrats to ceh/wpt.very proud of them.both are talented players.

i still remember wpt smile widely when charmain reid say that dropshots n smashes are ceh weapons.so sweet. n i think maybe net is wpt weapons.haha

12. george@chongwei

oldhand is in XXZ-Mania yesterday:D

13. jigglypuff

jigglypuff Regular Member

how how nice would it be if ceh wpt reform b4 or during OG..
    malaysia could have at least another bronze medal....(too late,just dreaming..))

14. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

yup but than better late than never.hope they can win a medal in OG 2010.pray that ceh will be free from injury.wpt too

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    OG 2O12 OR AG2010???:confused:...

16. eaglehelang

17. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

2012 OG.sorry.haha.really hope wong/chin can win mo 09.they are my all time fav player.hehe

18. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

CEH jumping dropshot in set 1 is the best
    WPT prove to me, i am wrong, her smash is awesome

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i think...they maximum also ag 2010 only...huge determination is needed for them to stay another 2 year...like zhang ning...:D

20. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

Eei Hui-Pei Tty get chance to head world ranking
    By LIM TEIK HUAT
    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2008/12/30/sports/2909688&sec=sports

PETALING JAYA: The women’s doubles pair of Chin Eei Hui-Wong Pei Tty are in for a shot to start the season with a bang in the Malaysian Open, which will be held at the Putra Stadium in Bukit Jalil next week.

The top seeds get the chance to make history as the first Malaysian women’s pair to top the world rankings if they make the final.

Eei Hui-Pei Tty have improved considerably over the last few months to take a career best second spot in the world and they are even seen as genuine contenders to become the first Malaysian winners of the event since Rosalind Singha Ang-Teoh Siew Yong in 1964.

But whether they can achieve the success will very much depend on the physical condition of Eei Hui going into the week before the championships begin on Jan 6.

Wong Pei Tty and Chin Eei Hui will head the world's rankings if they enter the final at the Malaysian Open next week.

Eei Hui is troubled by a nagging ankle injury and doubles coach Pang Cheh Chang said that they would have a better knowledge of her condition later this week after she consults the National Sports Institute’s physiotherapist.

“The physiotherapist is still on Christmas leave and we are waiting for her to come back to get an appointment,” he said.

“It is an old injury which has acted up again. If her condition is not good and she needs to slow down, we will reduce the intensity of training to protect her ankle.

“But they will definitely compete in the Malaysian Open. The only thing is if the quality of training is lower, it remains to be seen whether they can make similar impacts as they did in recent weeks.”

However, Cheh Chang hoped that Eei Hui would have the mental toughness to overcome the problem and put up a good show with her partner.

“Injuries are common for all players at this competitive level. They were also not at their best condition in the Super Series Masters Finals in Sabah recently but showed their strongest fighting spirit to win the title. It is this type of character on court that sometimes makes the difference between winning and losing.

“Eei Hui-Pei Tty, actually, have a good chance to grab the number one spot in the world rankings as they are not lagging far behind the top Chinese pair (Du Jing-Yu Yang).

“China are not competing in the Malaysian Open and I believe that making the final should be enough to see them taking the top spot for the first time,” he added.

Eei Hui-Pei Tty will face their strongest threat, however, from former Olympic champions Yang Wei-Zhang Jiewen, who have been drawn in their quarter.

Defending champions Yang Wei-Jiewen have retired from the Chinese national team and are now on their own in the international circuit.

The other top contenders for the title include Beijing Olympics silver medallists Lee Hyo-jung-Lee kyung-won of South Korea, who are in the other half of the draw as second seeds Cheng Wen-hsing-Chien Yu-chin of Taiwan.

Attached Files:

#180 cheeyf, Dec 29, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2008