Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Sorry, can't reveal much about that..
    BTW, wong mew choo and her parents were there too..
    Zolkples, Tan sri L. Liong Sik and wife, and former sports and youth minister also present..

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Some successful bidders sent proxies. As far as I know about george, he doesn't like his pictures to be taken.

3. flite

flite Regular Member

I believed those VIPs does chip in and do their part in helping out for the course. Its a brilliant idea by LCW to hold such event that involved many as there is only so much an individual could donate from his own pocket.

4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Courtesy of The Star :

KUALA LUMPUR: Lee Chong Wei is torn between his loyalty to his old and new coaches.
    And after a meeting with the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) yesterday, the 29-year-old decided that it was best for the national body to choose the coach for him for the programme geared towards the Olympics next year.
    He is focused on winning at the world championships in August and also at the London Games. Both competitions will be held in Wembley.
    Malaysia have never won a world title or an Olympic gold medal and the country is looking at Chong Wei to nail the elusive titles.
    [​IMG] Making a choice: BAM must decide whether Misbun (left), Rashid (right) or Seu Bok (inset) will be Lee Chong Wei’s coach ahead of the world meet and the London Olympics.
    Chong Wei had been under the charge of Rashid Sidek and Teh Seu Bock after Misbun Sidek made a controversial decision to quit as national coach on Dec 31.
    Last Friday, BAM president Datuk Seri Nadzmi Mohd Salleh announced that Misbun had withdrawn his resignation.
    It should have been a happy ending to the controversy but the matter became complicated when Chong Wei declared the next day that he was doing fine without Misbun.
    The BAM coaching and training committee chairman, Ng Chin Chai, said that Chong Wei was divided when asked of his preference for a coach.
    “His body language said it all and he was not in the right frame of mind in making a firm decision,” he said.
    “Chong Wei has adjusted himself in the absence of Misbun. This is preventing him from making a decision and he has left it to the BAM to make the call.
    “We will find the best solution for Chong Wei. He is our best hope for the upcoming major events and naturally, we will make the best arrangements for him.”
    Chin Chai, who plans to meet Misbun next, said: “We are in the midst of making an appointment with him (Misbun) to look into a new contract.
    “I will then call for a coaching and training committee meeting to finalise Misbun’s role. We will solve it quickly as we want the programme to be carried out smoothly.”
    On whether Chong Wei will be given all three coaches at his disposal, Chin Chai said: “I would rather go through the processes before making any comment.
    “Besides Misbun, we also have to meet the NSC (National Sports Council). But we promise to come out with the best solution.”
    Previously, Misbun had worked together with Rashid and Seu Bock to assist Chong Wei. But Misbun always had the final say. Who will call the shots this time?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Courtesy of NST
    Badminton: Zolkples: Let Chong Wei choose own coach

2011/04/06
    Ajitpal Singh

LEE Chong Wei should be allowed to train with whoever he wants in preparation for priority tournaments. This is the recommendation from the National Sports Council (NSC) director-general Datuk Zolkples Embong, who wants Chong Wei's request to train under Tey Seu Bock and Rashid Sidek to be granted.

"I don't want this matter to prolong as Chong Wei needs to concentrate on preparing for tournaments as he is the country's gold medal potential at next year's London Olympic Games," said Zolkples.

"We need to provide him with the best. I hope his request would be granted eventually. If he is comfortable with Seu Bock and Rashid, then he should continue with them."

In view of the latest development, Misbun Sidek is not expected to return to the BA of Malaysia (BAM) as Chong Wei's personal coach.

BAM secretary Ng Chin Chai and high performance manager Datuk James Selvaraj are both due to meet Misbun, who recently withdrew his resignation letter as the national singles coach, with regards to a new contract next week.

"We will meet Misbun to discuss on the new contract terms a week from now before we present it to the training and coaching committee for approval. Of course, the views from NSC will be taken into account before we draw out the contract as the council is the pay master," said Chin Chai.

It is learnt that Misbun will take Seu Bock's initial position as coach under the Bukit Jalil Sports School programme.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    someone need to translate this:

http://beta.chinapress.com.my/node/205786

攜手觀賞F1 宗偉妙珠引人注目
    F1賽車10/04/2011 22:32

轉寄 列印 字体:
     (雪邦10日訊)大馬羽壇神鵰俠侶重現江湖,李宗偉與黃妙珠甜蜜亮相雪邦國際賽車場!

雪邦國際賽車場今年星光熠熠,除了韓國舉行RAIN的光臨外,賽場上也出現稀客,大馬羽壇一哥李宗偉結束中國聯賽后,從廣州趕來雪邦國際賽車場觀看一年一度的F1賽車,而陪伴他在側的就是之前曾和宗偉有過一段情的前大馬羽球一姐黃妙珠,兩人曾被外界認為是大馬羽壇的神鵰俠侶。

宗偉說這已經是他第5年親臨賽場感受賽車熱潮:“每一年都是雪邦國際賽車場主席拿督莫扎尼邀請我來,已經是第五年了。這次是第一次特意帶妙珠來,因為她說她沒有在現場看過F1比賽。”

宗偉也說原本今天要6點才能抵馬,但是為了這個比賽,特意改機票提早回馬。而妙珠則是前往雪邦國際機場和宗偉會面后一起來到賽場。

宗偉說他一直以來都很喜歡汽車:“不過我並沒有特別喜歡哪一支車隊,尤其現在有大馬隊參與其中,更不好說會支持那一隊了。”

拒絕合照

妙珠受訪時,甜滋滋的說她很感激宗偉帶她來到現場,感受現場賽車的氣氛:“不過來到這裡,一切覺得很陌生,好像不是我的世界。”

至于宗偉說是特意帶妙珠來觀賽,妙珠開玩笑地說不知宗偉是不是多了一張通行證才帶她來,但言語間難掩她愉快的心情。

問到兩人的關係,宗偉拒絕正面回應,只說兩人現在還在打球,要保密不便公開。宗偉也拒絕兩人合照,擔心報紙會登出來。

6. Gicutzu

Gicutzu Regular Member

Student
    What I gather from Google is that LCW took WMC to see the F-1 race, because she had never watched one (live, I suppose) before, but declined to comment on a supposed relationship.

The problem with Google is that it throws garbage into the mix - it kept mentioning "horses", for example.

7. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
  8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  9. mackbers

mackbers New Member

does chong wei still use bg66 for his voltric 80 ??

10. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

11. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Haha, don't judge a book by its cover.

12. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Haha, don't judge a book by its cover. Have a look at Zhao playing for fun now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cduPGOiWfCQ&feature=feedf

#5632 Pakito, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  13. rossifumi6399

rossifumi6399 Regular Member

nice...but he still aggressive in smashing..

14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    LCW-vs-CWF

:D:D:D Perhaps we should mention their names as LCW and CWF, to make sure we don't get them mixed up. :):):)

15. george@chongwei

So his permanent coach now is Mr Teh siu bock it seems:);)

16. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    really?? sad to hear it... i still prefer misbun... hopefully LCW won't forget MS 100% ... really sad to hear this ...

17. Gicutzu

Gicutzu Regular Member

Student
    What about Abdul Rashid bin Dato' Haji Mohd Sidek? :D

18. george@chongwei

He's the chief coach for mas baddy team.. rashid sidek.

19. Gicutzu

Gicutzu Regular Member

Student
    Oh, he's the chief, I didn't know. In the news they kept mentioning him alongside TSB, so I thought he's co-coaching for LCW.

I've started using their full names since I heard Mohd Razif say it that way :D

#5639 Gicutzu, Apr 22, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  20. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member