SuperBowl

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by staples, Feb 3, 2008.

1. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Beforehand or during? I read this earlier today: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/jim_trotter/01/17/cowboys.vikings/index.html?eref=sihp

"Romo: Strange as it may seem for a team that surrendered six sacks, Dallas' offensive line actually controlled the game for much of the first quarter. The Cowboys gained 118 yards on 22 plays and were averaging 3.9 yards a rush. Still, Romo acted at times as if he were facing unrelenting pressure when he wasn't.

On one play, he stepped up to avoid looping rushes on the edge and had a pocket from which to throw. But rather than go through his reads, he took off for the line of scrimmage. There was an opening to the right for a big gain, but he inexplicably tried an ugly dumpoff that fell incomplete. It was as if he had no interest in sitting in the pocket and looking into the secondary for a big play".

Things just got worse from there, and understandably so. Once the Vikings got up -- and left tackle Flozell Adams went down three minutes into the second quarter with a calf injury -- Romo had little chance. He appeared even more antsy in the pocket. On a third-and-goal from the 15, wideout Roy Williams broke free on a post route. Favre would have made the throw in his sleep. But with a chance to answer Minnesota's first score with a TD of its own, Romo looked the other way and threw short to Miles Austin on a short route. Awful decision.

By the third quarter, it was apparent Romo was a beaten man. His body language reflected as much after he threw an ugly interception to linebacker Ben Leber. Romo dropped his head and appeared to be broken, as if he could not believe he made the throw.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...ys.vikings/index.html?eref=sihp#ixzz0d0scmhBG
    Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

#141 demolidor, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Before the game..^^

..i based it on their surprising win over the 'Aint's and 2 wins vs. the Eagles..

3. madbad

madbad Regular Member

The Chargers choked again. Must suck being a Charger fan.

The Jets... why are they still there? Terrible team.

The Colts. Free pass to the Superbowl

The Ravens. Wrong team came out of the AFC North. A bunch of has beens.

The Cardinals were who we thought they would be ;)

The Cowboys... got ambushed.

The Vikings played possum during the last 3 weeks of the season and brought it.

The Saints makes me wonder if an offence-based team can finally win a
    Superbowl

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Which 2 teams..^^

..would you want to see in the Superbowl??..Colts vs. Saints or Colts vs. Vikings??..:)

5. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Both the teams I wanted to see (Cards, Bolts) got eliminated so my interest is waning quickly.

I hate the Jets, so by default, the Colts get my AFC vote.

Don't mind either team from the NFC, as long as they CRUSH the Colts in the Superbowl

If the Steelers can't win it for the AFC, I don't want this conference to hold the Superbowl. Only the Steelers, baby, hehe

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Colts won't have it easy..^^

..as Peyton & his receivers will have to throw against the J-E-T-S' terrific cover man, Darrelle Revis..it's gonna be interesting as it'll be a rematch of the Colt's controversial 1st loss of the season (where the Colts benched most of their starters in the 2nd half of the game)..

7. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Still hate the Jets

8. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    'football'... my peachy bum. ;)

9. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Stop being such a snob. There's enough "football" to go round ;) :D

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..i bet there's no such thing as SuperBowl in 'football'..;)

11. MetalOrange

MetalOrange Regular Member

there's no 'world cup' in football;).

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Are you sure??..^^

..there's no 'world cup' in football:confused: (the only 'football' in the whole world??);)

13. Trmun

Trmun Regular Member

You mean the Revis guy who got burned so hard on several occasions last time by Wayne? Yeah, he's probably going to be the one to stop the Colts :rolleyes:
    Revis is good no doubt about it, but it won't be him who wins the match for the Jets, it'll be Ryans voodoo doll of kickers :p
    Or well, if anything is going to stop the Colts from winning it, it will be if they fail at stopping the run, which doesn't seem very likely as they held a Rice to 68 (?) yards in the previous game. And the difference between Baltimores run and Jets run is something like 0.2 yards/carriage.

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

What will stop the Colts from advancing??..

- I didn't see the game where Revis got burned so many times by Wayne.
    - Was there any mention that Revis is gonna the one that's going to stop the Colts?
    - Revis didn't get picked for the Pro Bowl for nothing, did he?..I mean, is he that bad?..
    - I don't really care or give a hoot which team advance/not advance or win/lose...or whether the Colts can defend the run or not..
    :cool:

#154 ctjcad, Jan 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  15. Trmun

Trmun Regular Member

- Week 16, the few plays Wayne actually took part in, sadly Manning overthrew him twice :(
    -You only mentioned him.
    -I never claimed he was bad, just claimed he won't defeat the Colts singlehandedly, especially since Colts have so many great WRs.
    -okay?

I do believe we are in for somewhat of a treat as this game will most likely be a close one, but I must admit I think the media is hyping the Jets a bit too much :p

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Gonna be a good one?..^^

- Sorry, didn't watch that game. Didn't even see the highlights. Only know that game was a controversial one cos the Colts decided to play the safe route & bench the starters the entire 2nd half.
    - Yes, I mentioned him because he's the only defensive player from the Jets who made it to the Pro Bowl. There's gotta be some merit, right?
    - That's obvious he won't be the only one. But the Colts still have to go up against him, at least other receivers beside Wayne.

Enjoy the games cos most likely i won't be watching any of them.;)

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I stayed near the Jets Stadium at Meadowlands 2 mths ago and there was a Jets Game on Sunday....huge turnouts and the subway was filled with Jets fans :)

I kinda follow NFL on and off since I watched some games on telly 3 years back when I was in Chicago (Bears reached the Super Bowl I believe in 2007)...but haven't found a Team that I can support 100% :D

I also watched the last quarter of the Colts vs Patriots Big Game 2 mths ago in the comfort of my hotel room...a big thumbs down to Patriots for letting a relatively comfortable lead being overturned to a Colts win.

18. MetalOrange

MetalOrange Regular Member

world cup in nfl i mean:rolleyes:.

indy colts is it!

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Football or American football??..^^

..hmmm???..:confused:
    :p...you must've been bored..But wow, you really caught on, eh??..;)

20. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Let's clarify. As far as I know there are 5 types of football:
    - Association Football/soccer
    - Rugby Union Football
    - Rugby League Football
    - American Football
    - Canadian Football

So there isn't really a claim to the name "football" since it's used so commonly.