Indonesia XD - Mixed Doubles Team

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by fathonezic, Apr 6, 2012.

1. miksss

miksss Regular Member

watching Greysia thrilling match yesterday against qing/zhao, it once again show that Greysia is also suit to play in XD(at least better than Shendy, Debby), she did well to intercept in the net and very good return of serve..

2. miksss

miksss Regular Member

I believe Fran/Shendy and Rijal/Debby will get split after this OG. (hopefully)

3. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Fran/Shendy hasn't showed impressive result, will they get split? Fran shd partner the junior.. hopefully with Gloria.

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

As shown in the PON Individual Event result, I believe Gloria Emanuelle Widjaja needs to be paired with a senior male partner to speed up her development in XD. Her results with Alfian Eko Prasetya are not too bad (WR91 in 5 tourneys albeit with 3 first-round exits), however, it will take a relatively longer time for them to rise up to the top 20.

Even with a non-regular XD player, Mohd Ahsan, Gloria can beat Irfan Fadhilah/Weni Angraini (WR30), currently no 4 pair in Pelatnas.

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

We shall see if Debby Susanto can win the XD title this week. If she can win it with Tontowi Ahmad, then, she can probably partner Fran Kurniawan for a few tourneys? I really don't think Shendy can make it in XD.

This is what I hope to see in XD:
    Tontowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir (WR4) -- although Tontowi is mentally still weak, they remain INA's no 1 pair until Asian Games 2012 when Liliyana probably decides to retire then.

Riky Widianto/Richi Puspita Dili (WR37) - they will be pushed even harder to rise up to hopefully top 20 by next year. I have a high hope on this pair.

New pairings:
    Fran Kurniawan/Debby Susanto - they should be good enough for top 20...but can they follow Fran/Pia's footstep to enter the top 10?

Mohd Rijal/Gloria Emanuelle Widjaja
    - Rijal (he's 26) is in the same exact situation as Nova Widianto (he was 27) in 2004. Rijal won a SS title in 2008 with Vita but this partnership was ended and so far, Rijal has yet to win any title in the past 4 years. Gloria has shown that she's pretty adaptable with almost any partner. She had won titles with Rizky Susanto, Praveen Jordan, Lukhi Apri Nurgroho, Edi Subaktiar and Alfian Eko Prasetya in the junior years.

Alfian Eko Prasetyo/Debby Susanto - Debby is still relatively young (23) and she can partner Alfian (who has a big smash) to speed up Alfian's development.

Keep or drop?
    Irfan Fadhilah/Weni Anggraini (WR30) - I will given them until the end of this year to prove that they can still remain in the National team. But their defeat in PON (despite being the top-seed) isn't exactly that encouraging.

Too early to tell:
    Lukhi Apri Nugroho/Annisa Saufika (WR124 in just 3 tourneys) - this partnership is still in early stage and they deserve to remain in Pelatnas back-up team at least until end of 2013.

To be recruited?
    Edi Subaktiar/Melati Daeva Oktaviani - if the current policy is for the double players to only focus in one event, then, I am not sure if they can play XD in Pelatnas.

6. MelvIndonesia

MelvIndonesia Regular Member

Student
    So,who is better to be paired with Debby Susanto?
    Fran or Alfian?

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

As alternatives to see who will better complement Debby. An older or younger partner.

8. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    for new pair, is this your opinion or official new pair ?

9. jks_niceguy

jks_niceguy Regular Member

Small change in XD team, riky/richy move to the first squad replacing irfan/weni in Denmark SSP List (Owi/butet/, rijal/deby, frans/shendy and riky/richy).

I think irfan/weni and shendy should kick out of platnas. There are too many talented young players WAITING to replace their place. Such a waste to keep irfan/weny and shendy.

Watching good result from hafiz/pia and now ahsan/gloria and previously nova/butet, i prefer older/younger combination in XD team.
    My combination would be:
    Rijal/Gloria, Alfian/Greysia and Frans/deby beside owi/butet and lukhi/anissa

For the new recruit, i prefer hafiz in xd than edi, not that edi is not good, but i think edi/arya is better for md. Hafiz could be paired with melati daeva replacing rezky deli/sri wulan sari

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Read the 3rd line :)

11. miksss

miksss Regular Member

So the XD final in PON is Towi/Debby vs Ricky Karanda/Richi. :D

Ricky should play in XD too IMO. I agree, pelatnas better just drop Irfan, Weni, Shendy, and not so sure about Debby.

So, beside Towi/Butet and Ricky Widianto/Richie. I'm waiting for the junior/senior combo too, my wish is Fran/Annisa and Rijal/Gloria, i sincerely hope this will happen :p. Perhaps Ricky Karanda can partner Debby Susanto[?].:rolleyes:

We shall see.. can't wait to see some new combo.. :cool:

12. fathonezic

Consultant
    haha, sorry, i read it fast :D

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I think most of us pretty much have the consensus that a senior/junior combo will help the development of the junior players in XD like Gloria Emanuelle Widjaja, Alfian Eko Prasetyo, Lukhi Apri Nugroho, and Annisa Saufika. Let's hope the coaches (Richard Mainaky in particular) can realize our dream.

14. okiazr

okiazr Regular Member

merchant
    Tontowi ahmad / debby susanto lost to ricky karanda suwardi /richie puspita dilli 21-18 13-21 16-21 tontowi isnot that good without butet...

#54 okiazr, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

This is not a good result for Towi/Debby as they failed to win the PON Gold Medal as I had written before.

16. sen

sen Regular Member

I think for Sudirman Cup next year, PBSI has to call Pia to the squad. She is the best back up to Butet and she can play WD as well. She won PON WD.

17. fathonezic

Consultant
    great result :)

[TABLE="class: ruler matches"]
    [TR="bgcolor: #EBFAFF"]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: right"][TABLE]
    [TR="bgcolor: transparent"]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: right"]Lukhi Apri NUGROHO[/TD]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent"][​IMG][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: right"]Annisa SAUFIKA[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: center"]-[/TD]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent"][TABLE]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Wee Kiong TAN ~[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Vivian Kah Mun HOO[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent"]21-15 21-23 21-14[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

18. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Riky Widianto/Richi Puspita Dili are effectively in the top 10 as 2 pairs above them have already retired (Ikeda/Shiota and Chen/Cheng).

One more tournament for them to consolidate their position in the top 10: the India Open GPG 2012.

Good progress!

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

As for Alfian Eko Prasetya/Gloria Emanuelle Widjaja, the target for them is to finish in the top 55 by end of this year, with 1 more tourney left.

A modest aim will be to finish in QF (winning 1 match next week in the India IC 2012).

20. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    I think they are better than the #11 :p