Yonex Arcsaber 11

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clawhammers, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I see plenty of people playing with the Arc10 and enjoying it, but so many people get sucked into the marketing cesspool you see many more people playing with Voltics that you know would be better off with something less head-heavy.

Victor has been clever with their range by introducing a slew of rackets in the 290-300 range, which is where the ArcSabers should be more prevalent, but in some ways have been a victim of Yonex' own marketing - sacrificing the range for the 'glamour' of the Voltrics.

2. IOMLS

IOMLS Regular Member

Seems to me though that YY have become so successful that it markets itself. It's a bit like Ferrari cars, people will always want to buy them because they have been the pinnacle of performance cars for such a long time. Now there are many other supercars out there that have better performance than Ferrari but are still nowhere near as successful.

Maybe I'm just an old cynic (well I know I am) but I just think can do anything and still be popular.

3. youngtai

youngtai Regular Member

tutor
    Anybody can tell me the difference between the arcsaber 10pg edition and the arcsaber 11? I am thinking of buying one of these.

4. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Read through the thread. Everybody seems to be saying they feel the same with the arcsaber 11 being slightly better.

5. youngtai

youngtai Regular Member

tutor
    I am currently using muscle power 99. I am looking for replacement for this. please advise

6. youngtai

youngtai Regular Member

tutor
    Do u think arcsaber 11 is better than arcsaber 10 pg edition ? I am using MP99 too. Looking for replacement.....

7. Uncle tan

Uncle tan Regular Member

Arc11

As an advance player, I'm not looking for powerful or head heavy racquet for powerful smashes, instead I'm more looking forward on controls and decent power racquet. After reading all the reviews, I chose this racquet.

i strung it 24lbs with BG66um, then down to the court.

Baseline, backhand and flat clearing are effortless, and very easy to generate power, and so much fun on hearing the "boom" sound from the racquet.

Drop and slice shots are fast and accurate.

Net shots n trick shots are almost perfect for me, as the controls of this racquet are excellent.

Defences, .......... NICE and FAST...more on due to the even balanced design.

Flat driving the shuttle is fast, fast, fast ....very glad on this.

Smashes are powerful, it may not as power as the head heavy racquet, but good enough to place the shuttle down on the court.

Im been using this arc11 for abt 2weeks now, I must say...is a very nice racquet. I never try any of the arcsaber series before, but I must said, Arc 11 really gave what I wanted.

#307 Uncle tan, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  8. youngtai

youngtai Regular Member

tutor
    I 100% agree with you. Arcsaber 11 is really a very nice racket. I have bought it last week and tried it 4 hours fo a 2 session games.

I love it. I love how the racket control......, it is very accurate and I can place the shuttle to where I want. I return the smashes easily. I can drop accurately. Really I love it very much. As for smash, it is on par with my Mp 99 or may be better. I have arcsaber 10 too. They are really different, quite a improvement from arcsaber 10.

I may buy 1 more Arcsaber 11 for backup.

9. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

I just bought one recently and it is a very nice racket indeed. But I felt that it is a bit different from Arc10. Arc11 is more flexible and lighter than Arc10.

It is easy to use and maneuver. It can generate a very good speed in double game. Power wise also not bad, I can do a back hand shot effortlessly to the baseline as compared to my other slightly heavy rackets. The smashing power is very good too but it may not be on par with those head heavy rackets, just a slight difference the way I felt it.

One thing I am still adjusting myself to it, is about the control shot and net shot. It is fast to defend but I got a hard time to place the shuttle to the angle which I used to do it accurately without any problem with my other rackets. Same to drop shot. The shuttle will hit the net or go half court for my opponent to kill me easily. So lifting and placing the shuttle at the net are still lacking for me, maybe due to I am used to the slightly head heavy rackets.

Arc11 head is lighter and I experienced it in my former Arc Z-Slash also which I have sold recently. I hope I will be getting better using it as I give it more playing time and not ended up selling it.

Hope to hear more reviews from you all. Cheers! ;)

10. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Arc 11 is a very nice racket. It does a lot of things very well, as did Arc 10 before that.

It must be difficult for Yonex to design new rackets, after all they have already desgined so many good ones over the years. I do question at times how much more we can expect from racket technology. After all, since the introduction of full carbon frames in 1980's are we really hitting the shuttle harder or controlling it any better?

For me the use of the latest materials has not brought about any advances in terms of what we can get from a racket...but there's always hope.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

11. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    As a design-type guy, I think there's a lot of innovation that can be used but isn't. The problem is, is that none of this technology is cheap, and when Yonex is happy to sell rackets that cost $20 to make and sell for $200, there's no profit incentive for them.

If I was Yonex, I'd create a 'Black Ops' design unit, and make some insane rackets in the $3-400 dollar region. Use cutting-edge technology, make completely new designs, or even apply it to the current range and make say a 'Voltric Black Ops' edition or something like that.

People will pay insane money, it just has to be justified and have a degree of exclusivity about them. Painting a VT80 in a 'limited edition' colour just doesn't cut it, and Li-Ning wanting close to $300 just because Lin Dan might use the same racket doesn't cut it, either.

There's still heaps of improvements and technology to use, it's just that Yonex prefers to use marketing gimmicks and pro-endorsements to sell rather than actually being cutting edge.

Nothing of any real value has been added since the Ti-10 (or arguably, maybe even the Cab20).

12. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

Well, i do think that i will ''help'' in a very minimal amount like power, control, durability, speed blah blah blah.

I think what we actually need...
    i)racket weight
    ii)balance
    iii)stiffness.
    The rest for me are just marketing gimmicks I don't see anything special about technologies like 'sonic boom', 'cs carbon nanotube', 'toughlex' or whatsoever. Or maybe we are just not advance enough to feel that it's working. In my opinion, these technologies make us mentally stronger or achieve ''top form'' for just a short period of time, after a week or two, we'll just perform like how we perform using our ex racket. (excluding the 3 points that i listed out)

Do you guys agree on this? Please feel free to critic if i'm wrong.

13. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

I like your thinking there...I wouldn't mind a 96-hole AT700/900

14. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    If I didn't hate 96 hole rackets so much, I'd say that was a fantastic idea ;)

15. raksasa.gorgon

raksasa.gorgon Regular Member

Full Time Badminton Player
    On the contrary, I'm a fan of the 96hole design. Nothing beats a Ti-550VS bg66um strung at 30lbs n still give me 2 months string durability easy.....:)

16. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

Who makes the Ti550VS? I'm using an Ashaway Nanolegend 9675/9670... (Mods, my apologies for being off-topic)

17. raksasa.gorgon

raksasa.gorgon Regular Member

Full Time Badminton Player
    FZ Forza.... made in same factory Ashaway/RKEP albeit with a much heavier swing weight.

18. kokmengng

kokmengng Regular Member

How Arc 11 compare to VT80? Can someone comment?

19. samsudds

samsudds Regular Member

Engineer
    Arc11 way better...

20. boyzz77

boyzz77 Regular Member

The post in this thread all positive reviews about arc11...when la i will buy his racket..haih...anyobe know the lowest price of this rackets...thanks