Too many errors kill me

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by chubawamba, Feb 5, 2009.

1. chubawamba

chubawamba Regular Member

Student
    Hi everybody,

im playing badminton a lot and im alors doing some competion. I can say that i have a good level for my age (16) I got a good technic and i can put presure on my opponent.

But there's one thing that make me lost a lot of time when im playing agains players that i should beat. I GIVE THEM TOO MANY POINTS :crying:. Most of the time its my clear that is something like 1-2 inch out or my drop. Also, when i put a lot of preasure and when i should win the point due to my very better position, sometime i miss the point and its make me very angry :mad: cause i know that my play is better and that i would win if i would not give that many points

I would like to know if you would have some tips for me to help me to miss less shots so i could win people who have a very bad play :(

Thank you

2. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    practice the shot over and over and over, aka consistincy. play more games as well so that you can incorperate what training you do into actual game play so that you will be able to make your shots more accurate so they wont go out and so that you will be able to place it exactly where you want. another thing could be anxiousness when playing at times that could lead to easy mistakes, trying to hard to make the shot perfect when you havnt practiced it as much could also play a factor. keep practicing on consistincy.

3. strobofred

strobofred Regular Member

yes, it's like smash master says, you have got to keep training.
    do the strokes over and over.

also,try not to get to angry on yourself when you make a lot of mistakes, stay focused and don't let your bad day get to you.
    many players play an excellent game, then they start to make errors and they just freak out and make even more errors.
    just stay calm and remain concentrated

4. sunjr

sunjr Regular Member

college student
    @chubawamba i also had that problem too.. that's why i choose double rather than single..
    in double my job just smash and smash till i die..hahaha
    anyone can teach me to control my angry and concentrate??

5. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    I think a lot of mistakes was made because every shot you try to win the point. I had the same problem. Once an advanced player told me to aim the bird 3 feet from the lines and the net because to them they can return 95% of my shots no matter where I hit it, and I end up making way more mistakes than winners. Now it helps cut down my mistakes.

#5 Qidong, Feb 6, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  6. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    That's the beauty of rally point games, it magnifies your errors. Most players think just killing the shuttle would win the point but more importantly it's about keeping the shuttle in play.

7. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    yup that is deffinetly true, you cant expect to hit a winner off of every shot have to set it up to hit the winning shot or to get the other player to make an error. alot easier said than done i know.

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i also make many silly mistake this two day..T.T...sigh...

9. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I suggest you use the following 2 programs to improve your singles game and to analyse your weak and strong points:

1. Practise playing singles but use a different scoring system. For any shot you hit into the large areas within and between the front and back doubles lines, you lose a point. In other words you have to put all your shots into either between the net and the front service line or between the back service line and the back line.
    2. Get a friend or coach to keep a score sheet of your wins and losses from each of the following strokes, identifying whether it is forehand or backhand:
    -Clear
    -Smash
    -Drive
    -Lifts/lobs
    -Net shot
    a. Hit down
    b. Hit up
    -Service
    a. Flick
    b. Low
    c. High
    d. Drive
    -Return of serve
    a. Flick
    b. Low
    c. High
    d. drive
    -Return of smash
    -Drops
    a. Normal
    b. Reverse sliced
    At the end of the game, you can then use the score sheet to analyse your strengths and weaknesses.
    This analysis sheet is perfect for doubles, singles, and mixed doubles, and can do much more than even a very good coach.