How to beat Lin Dan?

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by pBmMalaysia, Jan 26, 2010.

1. madbad

madbad Regular Member

What makes you believe it will be a competitive match tomorrow? LD could be playing with his right hand, smoking a cigar with his left, sitting on a chair and still beat BCL ;)

2. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

This could be a trick tho. LD is quite good in acting. ;)

Very well said boss. :p

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Will see how it goes. Even if he is not playing against BCL... today's match is definitely not an acting job.

4. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I tend to agree. HH did his level best and gave LD a decent work out.

5. DanielX

DanielX Regular Member

let me expound on cooler's point. i am also a basketball fan so i'll thrown in a michael jordan anecdote for kicks. jordan was throughout his career a poor three point shooter, however he had the deadliest midrage J and post up game the NBA has ever seen from a shooting guard. therefore he never goes for the three pointer when a two pointer is available. The three pointer is like the backhand...it's not important to be godly at it to win. The two pointer is like the forehand...it's important to be godly at it to win.

Lin Dan's case is quite similar, as he knows the backhand, even when perfected, has its limitations, so he goes to his around the head style as often as he can. and as morten frost noted, the around the head smash is his favorite shot. he converts his weaknesses to strengths through his knowledge of the game and his athleticism, and thats what makes Mr. Lin Dan a complete player.

6. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Please, please Lin Dan,
    let Bao Chun Lai win just this once, Bao has gotten very fair hidding under your shadow. :D

7. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    the 'thing' is not around so only 50% ld to beat bcl or cj.

only if you can give lyb a good time worth his while....

8. Ayabrea

Ayabrea Regular Member

Its actually possible, starting with a drop to LD's forehand corner. There are usually only 2 proper responses a lift or netshot. Assume a netshot because LCW can simply smash the lift, then the proper response is an immediate crosscourt lift to LD's backhand at the rear of the net. This is the only pattern that I've seen where a lift consistent does not result in a jump smash, or a strong standing smash from LD because LD is slightly off center from retrieving the forehand drop. While it is amazing that he can still run backwards and contort his back to even produce a smash, its still nowhere near his fully powered jump smash.

The pattern I describe is LD's only weakness that I've been able to identify. Don't get me wrong, the pattern that I describe isn't going to allow anyone to beat LD, because LCW must still fight to get the attack that allows him to do a proper drop to LD's forehand in the first place.

I don't doubt that LCW has a gameplan against LD and I admire him as a supreme defensive player, but everytime I see him choose to do any netshot in response to a netshot, only to have LD netkill it, it puts me at a loss because, at best, LD gets to it and does another netshot that LCW ends up lifting anyways. Usually LD simply netkills it, I've almost never seen LCW win any net exchange against LD where LCW responds to a netshot with a netshot unless there was some luck involved. Its because I see this happening again and again that makes me think maybe LCW gameplan against LD has a flaw in it.

Note that dropping to LD backhand then lifting LD's backhand rear has resulted in a standing smash that LCW cannot consistently block (I haven't seen him jump smash in this case either, but I will not rule it out either). In the latter half of the second set of the AE 2009 final, you can see this. This is because retrieving the backhand drop causes LD to be closer to his backhand rear court. So dropping anywhere to draw LD to the net then lifting immediately isn't always effective either.

Ayabrea

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well
    i do think so eventhough i am not here
    and i fear bcl more than lindan in this tournament:eek:
    is better to let lindan to meet lcw and not bcl:D

10. Ayabrea

Ayabrea Regular Member

You missed this one from Taufik:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzZKq17ydJI

This one is my favourite one because he complete owned Jonassen with his on the move, jumping, cross court backhand smash.:eek: You can hear the audience go crazy after that inhuman backhand smash. Jonassen and his coach is like, "ok, wtf do you do to win against someone who can do that?"

Ayabrea

11. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

speaking of LYB, where has he been lately? Haven't seen him for awhile :confused:

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Whatever it is, we will see IF lin dan lose to any player in this AE. then from the video analysis, we can imply and debate more:D

on how to beat lin dan:p

13. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    that is currently on-going with our team and so are the chinese team....so are the ina team...so are the korean team and i think in the end only mas and china are going to exchange footage after semi final..:crying:

14. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    looking at the atmosphere, its no good so he decided to pop a few pills and rest...:D

15. george@chongwei

he's 'behind the scene':rolleyes::cool::cool:

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    CORRECT!!
    lcw need to beat LD to feel redeemed. not bao bao bun CL. It's LD that's causing pain in the a$$ for lcw;)

#156 cooler, Mar 12, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  17. george@chongwei

and also right now, it is LCW THAT CAN cause pain in the ass for LD besides choi ho jin:D

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

funny how u see lcw to be like choi ho jin. Glad LCW doesn't read bf or else he'll slap u silly and kick your frontal before walking away. Geez george, u r getting kicked front and back:p:p

19. george@chongwei

of course..because Lin dan lost once and lost the only meetings to choi ho jin:p...got kick in the ass :D

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

With all those hardwares around LD's neck and waist for protection. It's doesn't hurt lah:p Also that CHJ kicks like a gopher, it doesn't hurt:p

#160 cooler, Mar 12, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2010