CHN Team much stronger this year

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Yong_Hui, Mar 9, 2009.

1. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    LB Knows. Knowledge if his gripes (And indeed to a certain extent mine) would tell you he is not a fan of restricting player entry to tournaments in terms of numbers like WC & OG.

His point is that based on population (which is the basis for some peoples reasoning for chinas superiority) then china should have 20 entrants to denmarks 1.

2. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

What kind of non-sense you're making. If China wins 2 titles you will say a big slap to LYB face, and when Chain clean sweep AE you're pulling another excuse to discount the Chinese players. It is a no-win for them regardless, under your logic.

And will you care to explain why many if not all European country kick the butt of China in soccer, if talent pool if the only thing that matter. :eek:

3. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Wait a sec, so you're allowed to compared others to China but we can't compare your country quite pathetic performance in its own backyard nevertheless, and getting dominated by another, much smaller country?? Hello?? who's backpedaling here??

And since you keep bringing it up, why don't you show what's the relative population of PRO player between KOR, DEN and CHN. You claimed you're all about stats, well time to back it up or shut your yap.

Tell me someting...did KDM/RKM ever win OG gold? Well????
    IIRC both them have WC titles under their belt and won multiple AE title, pretty dang comparable accomplishment.
    And what have KOR done in XD since KDM/RKM? Can't think of anything significant until LYD/LHJ OG gold. I guess KOR is good at finding one good player every now and then, but China is good at finding it continuously. Is that what you want to point out?

Oh really, which "things" is that? Mine is based on facts, while you make outrageous claims about other country being lucky or because my litle country is too small (despite getting humiliated @ its own backyard by a country 1/8 in population)...etc,etc,etc

Since you brought it up, why don't you do the legwork? You might learn a bit about the subject as well.

4. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Based on populaton of pro-full time soccer players, KOR national soccer team should've not lost all the time to Saudi Arabia. The fact is, until last year, I can't even remember when KOR team ever beat Saudi Arabia... So based on the very same reasoning from narnia, KOR national soccer team is a complete failure..what a shame indeed.

Unfortunately for KOR, you can't just field more players in the field like narnia was saying, so I guess KOR national soccer team will have to remained a failure .

#84 badadum, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  5. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Just like how many pro cricketers in India or even non-pro's. It's like their religion, and yet they are not the best... Just pure flat track bullies.
    WIth that many players and talent, they should win every series with your faulty logic.

6. volcom

volcom Regular Member

It's a shame that Korea can't do anything about it.
    In MS they are a absolute non threat, so as in WS.
    WD still mediocre, XD getting beaten by rookies.
    MD sure is alright but they cant win the big tournaments apart from one AE lol

7. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    If I could pick an analysis to believe in...narnia doesn't get my vote and jamesd20 does. And I really dont' see PSH being a major threat to LD anymore...he just gets crushed over and over again....not to mention LD is a completely different player than in 2007.

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I almost burp when I read this one. Thanks for making it a nice morning for me :D Yup....that's a fact that Jung/Lee have only won a single solitary AE so far; compare that to Fu/Cai who have won 2 AEs now and 1 WC. Even the much maligned Koo/Tan of MAS have also won 1 AE ;)

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I think he was so upset that his KOR pairs were all beaten by CHN pairs either in the SF or F that he wrote all these "arguments" ;)

10. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Haha, Just opposite. I am too proud of the achievements of all the new partnerships. I predicted they will all lost in the Finals. HSH and KSH/HJE are not yet well-prepared to be tops. They were just lucky! Don't be too offended by my words, badMania. Just enjoy! :)

#90 narnia, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  11. lin_xingfang

lin_xingfang Regular Member

College Student
    Poor?
    as far as i can tell
    CHINA is no.1 in Basketball in Asia

Indeed,no one will ever beat the Almighty USA in Basketball but.....
    CHINA is FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR better than any country in Asia (in Basketball context)

wants another prove?
    YAO MING (our CHINA MOST PROUD ATHLETE) is the only Asian player and also the first in NBA History that ever reach over 3 millions vote for playing in NBA All Star (even the highest Michael Jordan has ever get was 2 millions)

He even ever owned the Big Diesel Shaquille O'Neal,Tim Duncan,Dwight Howard, or Kevin Garnett in their matches since Yao enter the NBA in 2002 ...

Look at how CHina gave USA a hard time at the first half when they met at OG, how many Yao blocked Kobe or LeBron's shot..

and most of all...
    we are proud that we have 3 CHN players in NBA
    we are proud that CHN Flag is the only Asian Flag that ever pulled out in NBA stadium
    we are proud that CHN swept 5 titles at AE
    we are proud that we sparkled and amazed the world by giving them the unforgettable wonderful Opening and Closing Olympic games
    we are proud that CHN is the CHAMPION of CHAMPIONS in OG (51 gold medals)

and guess what?/ All of them,we are getting it by our hard effort,NOT by LUCK!!!

no matter how people looked on our win at every events (OG,AG,AE,and whole SS tourneys)..people wont pay respect to CHN..(this is a fact actually from what i read from a lot of un-grow up Indonesia fans on one of Indonesian Badminton forums)..the hell with that, we are still proud of what we are already achieved...

Sorry for all members if I'm too harsh on this person..
    I'm just not comfortable for his childish response by calling CHN just getting lucky to win 5 titles last week...

Personally I always pay respect to every player from every nations who won the tournament..but wonder,why if CHN won,no one give them the respect they deserve?? So, it is not what i meant if my words offend some people here..just want to share what i personally felt whenever i read every comment from non CHN fans in this forum...

#91 lin_xingfang, Mar 15, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  12. Siegfried_Li

Siegfried_Li Regular Member

Science
    Basketball... you are really kidding, guy. If you don't know how China forced the WC Spain into an OG (they should even have won the game in the regular time, what a pity), if you don't know their performance against the USA, you should at least remember the Semifinal in Asian Championship 2005 in Doha:

CHN 93-49 KOR

with a 29-2 run in the whole 3rd qtr.

13. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Korea just got owned....

14. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Not that improvement for CHN as you saw in SO. They just got three as usual. Just lucky in AE. Only from large population base of pro players.

Beside of major sports of Soccer, Baseball, and Golf,
    look at the 2009 World Figure Skating; no CHN cause they have poor population of players in this area.

So, with fewer number of population, the other Asian countries (MAS, INA, KOR) should be respected much more.

In world major sports, Korea with just 50 million;

Soccer: WorldCup 2002 Semifinalist
    Baseball: 2008 Olympic Gold Medalist, 2009 World Baseball Classic Runner-up
    Golf: look through the list of champions in the PGA, LPGA.

CHN????

So, it's all from population of the individual sports. CHN just got a bunch of pro players in badminton; not that strong - usually exploiting collective powers from time to time. :)

#94 narnia, Apr 3, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  15. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Three as usual?
    As usual???
    Winning is usual?

Lucky in AE?

This is nothing short of ridiculous! :eek:

16. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Just check out the previous tourneys if you want more. You seem to forget already how CHN did in the last Olympic. :)

#96 narnia, Apr 3, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

LOL....even the boss thinks the logic is beyond belief ;)

18. Siegfried_Li

Science
    About SO, I have two features to comment which sound more interesting: 1. the linesmen - I saw at least two/three of them were WEAK: they didn't intentionedly "help" anybody, but had just no idea what they should do, they slept and said "I haven't seen that", they pointed something which was definitely not their spot, they... 2. the draw - it seems the players from the same country were somehow "force" to play against each other in Round 1 and 2.

Come back to the topic. PSH... IMO he is a better player than LHI, but a "LD Killer"? OK, if you say "A is a B-killer", normally it not only means "in the A vs B balance A takes clearly advantage" but also "wow, it is somehow hard to understand, for B is clearly stronger than A, why...". LD has a dominant balance against SDK, will anybody say LD is a Sony Killer? Or even LCW, who has so far a poor record against LD, will many people say LD is a LCW killer?

I agree with the point that the Chinese MS is not that strong now-a-days, but it is definitely not because of the absense of KOR players, lololol. As PG and TH are getting closer to retirement, LCW is using up himself by participating so many tournaments (and he is older than LD), if "LD himself doesn't want to play", if BCL does not recover from the injury - and the more important, if he does not change his "soft" style, as yourbestfriend mentioned before, it seems we have only CJ... but, will you enjoy badminton MS in a period that CJ is the strongest player if he is playing as himself now in 2008-09? I don't think I will. CJ is far from being "killing", he must improve himself a lot in the near future.

About WS, I totally agree jamesd20's point and order: WYH, JYJ and WL. They are young, still improving themselves, even say they will lose some games now, how about in the near future? Even from AE to SO we can clearly see WYH's improvement - in AE she played ZM still in a mixed form, while in SO she was so confident like "now I am pretty sure that I am stronger than you". Yes Tine has injury, so how do you think about JYJ's injury? I will be shocked if one cannot see her getting sudden injury during that SF game.

About WD: nothing nocessary. Lee/Lee's WO was interesting, well, I really don't understand it. - In order to save Lee/Lee's XD? Well, what happened: LKW/LHJ WO, LYD/LHJ lost in QF, then LYD lost in MD SF (in 25 minutes but a somehow close margin...). No idea.

XD: here is something I don't really understand... it seems many people here in this thread quite support ZYL (OK, probably you support her in WD but it seems not only), for me she should totally quite XD as she "always" did wrong when partnering XC. I prefer ZB/MJ in fact, and I can understand ZB - the SF was not as bad as people describe... sure he should do better. At least, putting the once badtemper over beautiful performance in three weeks is unfair.

MD: still big trouble with "2nd" - well, China's fans do not need to worry about this in a team competetion. About CY/FHF, isn't this pair one of the top three (let's say, including Markis/Hendra still)? Winning an AE is nothing but luck? OMG. I think HSH/HJM would be a good pair, they are really playing MD, though they lost.

If somebody insists about the KOR sweeping Germany Open in 2008, please: 1. check what kind of a tournament GO is - SS, GPG or GP? 2. check who played; 3. try your best to remember what happened this year: most "top players" didn't play and KOR sent their A-team - isn't that true that they planned to win a lot again? Then the China B-team entered...

19. Siegfried_Li

Science
    Is that true that one cannot edit a post after some time? :) ...

20. narnia

narnia Regular Member

This guy seems not having followed the tourneys and players for the last couple of years. And needs to raise how to watch as learning how to play. :)

I recommend to practice reading the trend through future tourneys for the next couple of years.

CHN was just lucky in 2009 AE as they were unlucky in 2009 SO. You should find out why. :)