[BAM] Missing out on Thomas Cup Finals no big deal, say BAM

Discussion in 'Thomas / Uber Cup Preliminary Round 2012' started by rogerv2, Jan 31, 2012.

1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Dato.. the chinese will have a different "High" word. Maybe they meant that "High". :eek:

2. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    BAM would have been better just to keep silent and pull the squad out of the qualifying tournament, instead of making quitter-style statements ......

They have stooped so far low, to get back the professional management of the 80s to 1993 is like a whole universe away ......

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the thing is, why come up with such a statement?

it sounds like they already admitted defeat even though the odd isn't that bad for them.

coming out saying they don't care about the TC basically just deflated any kind of fighting spirit left in the players. "oh, we don't care about TC? then why do we need to play hard?"

sounds like a pre-emptive ass-covering act to me.

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Kwun.. yes Ass Covering. Its an embarrassment and shows how Mature the Management is.

5. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Wow!!! And I think that only Indonesia official are very good finding any excuses if they fail. Looks like malaysia officials are very smart too finding reason if TC team fail.

But it just sad. I can understand if they say they only had small chance winning Thomas Cup. But throwing all of the BAM players to Thomas Cup that they might not qualify in the final?

This is just wrong.

I wonder IF malaysia failed to win a gold medal in Olympic 2012, what excuses will they cough up? Will they had the decency to step down?

Turn out Malaysia and Indonesia officials had so much similarity. :)

6. ants

ants Regular Member

Malaysia learn from Indonesia. :) Joking aside.. like what i have mentioned years back. Malaysia is
    becoming bad to Worse.

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    what have happened to proper fighting/competitive spirit?

one should make their best preparation for the tournament, give 110% effort during matches. if really did lose in the tournament, at least one did their best and tried. and then admit defeat and go home and analyse, train harder to try to win it next time.

to say "nah, we don't care about it" is irresponsible to their country and the fans.

seems harsh, but have to be said.

8. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Because you ain't Najib, that chap still has a job that malaysians are paying, MAS Boleh! A lawyer is skilled at finding excuses, NCC must be a idiot lawyer to cook up such pre-exit excuse. Like they say, anyone who is smart would not work for govt or their agency, so this chap must be a lousy lawyer that only govt will hire, hmmm....am I talking about myself here:rolleyes:

9. madbad

madbad Regular Member

This is embarrassing! To wave the white flag before a single shuttle has been hit is idiocy at its best.

Once again the clowns at BAM have only their own best interests at heart, which is saving their own sorry asses. Nothing will change. Maybe a few deck chairs will be moved around and a few scapegoats made, but the usual finger pointing and blaming (of others of course) will continue.

It might be harsh but as ants said, maybe a total failure of the MAS team at the TC and LCW not winning OG gold will start the ball rolling to get the rot out of the system.

Dark days ahead.

10. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    Lawan Tetap Lawan??? (Keep fighting)??? er.....

11. manutd92

manutd92 Regular Member

student
    someone with deep interest and the love for badminton should replace that goddamn bam and form a new association la.please for the sake of the game.
    :'(

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    give me 10 million
    i help u

13. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    These idiots are so entrenched and connected, the system is so corrupted that they will be protected and life goes on as usual. It is always the players becoming scapegoats and get the insults and mockery. The fact that Maybank can cough out millions without demanding accountability (at least no shake-up we can see when evidently MAS is going south to nowhere) amazes me. MAS national past time is sitting in the kopitiam yip, yip, yip, yap yap, yap and yap more, and all hot air but when it comes actually walk the talk, arr, leave it to someone else to do because too tired after work and the old wifey is giving headaches:D

14. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    NCC, u better go back N9.

KL is not a suitable place for u to stay and cari makan.

Run your business there, SINGALINGAM there and retired peacefully.

15. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I have thought over this issue in some depth and I am afraid I have to disagree with the opinions expressed by BCers.
    I think it was a very well thought out position taken by BAM if you consider the overall picture.
    Morale is very important and to minimize any morale-shattering blow to the players and country resulting from an early exit from the Thomas Cup, it is best to refocus your priorities. To do this it is best to be frank upfront so that any loss of confidence from the Thomas Cup rounds will not in any way adversely impact on the Olympics. Just imagine what will happen to LCW (and his Olympics dreams) if the public goes insane/mad over the Thomas Cup loss?
    Yes, LCW may win all his matches and the others will lose. But will this improve or worsen the relationships between LCW and the others? LCW will of course be affected by any bad feeling he may perceive coming from the other players as a result of 'LCW's win only to be let down by the others' scenario, which is very likely.
    Also, frankly, I am surprised by the utter lack of differences of opinions here. All I read is just in one direction, with no independent input. I hope it is not because of prejudices against BAM like the way they are dammed if they do one way and dammed if the other way. I for one support them here for the position they have taken.

16. manutd92

manutd92 Regular Member

student
    haha if i hve that 10 million i will be running my own badminton association by now.
    :cool:

17. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    what happened to the Chinese team morale after they lost in the Uber Cup in 2010? they went onto take all 5 WC gold medals that year.

18. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

A nice alternative spin on the situation however I certainly don't buy it.
    Already immune from all the spinning that happens in MY on a daily basis.

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    no worry
    there is always some who say hitler is a hero
    and he claim others are prejudice and bla bla bla

20. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Proper fighting spirit takes the cue from solid management .......

The most combative Malaysian Men's squad was from 1986-1992. Unlike the dominant Malayan Thomas Cup-winning squads of '49, '52, '55 and '67, they were not the best, not even 2nd best.

But fighting spirit gave them 1 Thomas Cup title, 2 runners-up finish (to China) and one 3rd place during the 1986-1992 Campaigns. Then politicians took over and all is history ........