Li Ning Racket Recommendation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Isleyofthenorth, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Rahul.

Rahul. Regular Member

Self employed
    N90 ii. And Flame n36

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    all the rackets that the chinese men's singles players use is good. generally, if you're a good singles player, any high end li ning rackets will be good enough because at that level, you can probably play well with any racket anyway :)

3. P8nguin

P8nguin Regular Member

Manager
    Wonder what's the going price now for N90ii in Singapore? Any bros here just bought 1 recently? Thanks.

4. x_marx_dspot

x_marx_dspot Regular Member

agreed, N36 is a good racket choice for defense. As for the smash department, not exactly the power smash as compared to N90, but it can still win you rallies. :)

5. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

But he was asking for a recommendation for his playing style. So not all rackets played by the chinese national team is good FOR HIM.

Absolutely No-Go's for defensive play: N90, probably N90-II.

I'm using N55 and I can say it's a easy-to-go racket. But I'd rather recommend you to have a look at Yonex Nanospeed or a Victor BraveSword if you're really defensive on the court.

6. lindanfan321

lindanfan321 Regular Member

Indeed, defensive players shouldn't look at head heavy rackets as they are harder to move around.

7. x_marx_dspot

x_marx_dspot Regular Member

try looking for a medium flex racket. other than N36, N55 is a very good choice too. :)

8. gundamzaku

working professional
    compare to the n90, the n50 is a bit lighter, which might be good for defensive play if you really want a defensive racket. i have both and i defense better with n50 but that's just me. in comparison with yonex rackets, the one racket i have that has similar balance and weight would be the arcsaber 10 2u. however, the n90 is even a bit heavier than the arc10 2u...that's pretty heavy in my opinion.

9. decoy

decoy Regular Member

I have to argue this based on personal experience. I think that players that play defensively are probably only doing that because their reactions are fast enough that they can get away with it. I play a very defensive style and was using an arc10 for quite a while. After using my friends armortec 700 I realized that even with head heavy rackets I can still get smashes back (albeit a little harder on the arm) but they lifted further back easier. Honestly I never used a li Ning so looking at specs I would recommend a head heavy racket like n90, n90 II, n55 or n70. If your defense is strong you might like the extra power from the head weight (maybe get a flexier one).

10. gundamzaku

working professional
    i agree. just because one is enjoying a defensive game doesn't mean that one is not capable of attacking. one of the important elements in a defense game is reaction time and strength. you have to react fast enough to the attacks, and also return it high and far enough...if you want/need to. the other way of looking at it is that one is actually capable in reaction time as well as power, so head heavy or a heavy racket in general might not be a bad idea.

now if the OP feels that he/she is not strong enough or reacting fast enough, then it's a whole different issue. but never assume that just because one plays defensively, one is not capable of attacking...i have to keep telling myself that because it is quite an easy assumption to make :)

11. lindanfan321

lindanfan321 Regular Member

I agree with both your statements. :) but if you want a racket better at defensive play, of course a head light racket would be better. If you want that extra punch in your shots in exchange for maneuverability, go ahead and get a head heavy racket.

12. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

Besides the N90... Which other Li Ning is considered stiff? I am looking at N55 or N55ii... Any other suggestion? Because I checked online and MBS classifies N55ii as stiff and Badminton Alley classifies the N55 as stiff as well... But Li Ning Canada classifies the N55ii as medium...

13. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Where did you buy the N90 (if you don't mind my asking)?

I'm looking to replace my N90II with the N90. N90II is easy to play with but my smashes were weak compared to my VT-ZF.

14. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

I picked it up from a seller in GTA... I got them used but they are nearly perfect.. And the price was not RIDICULOUS... So I went ahead with it... Best racket for singles ever!!!

15. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

Whoops wrong thread reply HAHAHAHA

16. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

I have a N55. It's medium for me. Especially if I compare it with Arcsaber10 the N55 is definitively medium. No way flexible, but also not really stiff.

17. ralph_lee

ralph_lee Regular Member

I just bought a N90 I not II at RM520 in KL.
    According to them, it is clearance sales. Big store

18. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    I recommend Li ning N55.. or kason C7 good for defensive