Victor SH9000ACE

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by wuldup, Jan 1, 2012.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Interesting - mine (45.5) were just a tad shorter than my 46 Yonex. But mine were the 92, which had a bit more room than the 101 imop. Not referring to outer length, btw - but to how much space your foot's got (as that is the important part). Apparently mine have left Frankfurt after only 3 days. Way to go, DHL. The joy of probably getting them tomorrow is somehow overshadowed by the slack-jawed awe and annoyance at that kind of inefficiency...

2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I've tried them. I shall report back later :)

3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

You may want to go at those white bits on the sole with some acetone. It was the first thing I did...

4. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Haven't really found them a problem so far!

5. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Those white bits are definitely less grippy than the rest of the sole but, fortunately, they're on a part of the shoe that really shouldn't be hitting the ground first:).

SH9000 will debut this afternoon.

6. johnlyu

johnlyu Regular Member

Student
    Picked up a pair of 9000s today and couldn't get the sizing right.

My right feet is bigger than my left. I use to wear size 10 yonex and they had a bit of room in it. I wanted something tighter so tried on size 9.5 of the 9000. Left feet was fine but right feet was quite tight. Everytime I took a step I could feel the big toe touching the front. Size 10 had more space. Could easily fit my index finger in. With 9.5 if I push my feet to the very front I could barely squeeze in my index finger. Should I stick with the 9.5 and expect it to expand? Or would it be wise to get size 10

Just as a reference I picked these up at 9pm. Feet usually get bigger at the end of the day.

7. visor

visor Regular Member

^^ just wear thinner socks on your larger foot, and thicker socks on your smaller foot

you must have this problem too with all your other daily wear shoes too

8. johnlyu

johnlyu Regular Member

Student
    I'm not as picky with my daily shoes. I just wear size 10. :D
    The whole time i was wearing thin socks.

9. greblu

greblu Regular Member

Student
    If the shoes are not tight enough for you, you can wear even two socks at one feet => More cushion and better fit.

How durable are the Sh9000? (Cause the durability of yonex "high end" shoes are a brashness)

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Hm. Not as much experience as with other pairs as I've only worn down 1 of them yet, but those lasted me 3 or 4 months which is average or above. Wore them down at the left big toe by sliding my foot on the floor there, which is how pretty much any other pair has died as well.
    The cushioning/dampening is definitely superior to Yonex in quality and longevity though. I still wear the worn-down pair in the gym (where there's no danger of me dragging my foot and suddenly getting a very hot toe :D).
    From observation of ppl in my club, Asics could be slightly superior in durability - although I didn't wear mine long enough to tell (they do show signs of wear at the toe though).

Compared to Yonex shoes, they feel a bit flat and don't have that 'springy' feeling I get in those. Rather similar to the Asics in that regard, I believe due to the different approach to cushioning (rather than an egg bouncing off the sole unharmed [like Yonex claims], they rather want it to not bounce at all).

11. greblu

greblu Regular Member

Student
    Hmm only 3-4 month for such expensive shoes... a club fellow played with his Asics shoes for 3 years and they are still like new at the outside (but they are worn out at the inside).

I used to repair these holes at the side of the shoe using an elastic shoe-leather-glue and athletic tape (or some over-grip piece) as fiber. So I extend their life time for 1-2 month.

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Your club fellow probably doesn't have my training regime - and no shoe of mine has lasted longer than that since I started training seriously...that includes several Yonex models and the Asics Gel Blade 3, and although I stopped wearing them after 6-8 weeks for other reasons, they show the same wear on the outside as all others (beginnings of a hole on the left toe, worn material on the side of the left foot).
    At the end of the day, shoe soles are made of rubber, which eventually loses out against the court surface and gets worn. Only way to avoid that is to avoid any quick movement and big lunges.
    If you play recreationally, pretty much any pair will last you rather long, if you play at a serious level (and more than twice a week), you'll need more than one pair a year, regardless of the manufacturer.

13. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    To continue on the "outsole" topic, after extended use of the SH9000 for about 3 months, I've started to notice that the heel part of the sole on my right shoe (my 'racket foot') has worn down a lot. Nowadays I can feel the part of the outsole which is painted white. If I compare the feeling to my left shoe, there is quite a difference. Truth be told, if I use the shoes for extensive and hard practice, I end up with a sore heel.

It should be noted however that I switch between the SH9000 and my Yonex SHB82. The reason being that they wouldn't wear down so fast, but I guess I was too optimistic. The outer sole on my Yonex are still in perfect shape... I know that Victor has started to classify their shoes now, SH9000 being the "fast but not as supportive" shoe and I think I understand why.

14. visor

visor Regular Member

^^ yep agree with last part

9000ace is 80% speed, 20% cushioning

whereas something like sc5ex is opposite, 20% speed, 80% cushioning

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    agreed. whatever tires you bring to a race track is not going to last longer than the tires mom use to drive their kids to school.

16. MagicElite

MagicElite Regular Member

Is there any difference between the new green colour as compared to the red and yellow?

17. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

The colour is different... ;)

(But apart from that, no)

18. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    still use the same techno

19. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    Well, I'm officially putting my shoes on the shelf. Played 6 matches today and my heel started to ache after two. Going to stick with my Yonex until I can find something else to replace the SH9000 with.

For people whom are thinking of buying the shoe: It's great when it's new. After some use though, the cushioning starts to wear fast. Very unfortunate as I really loved the shoe at first, both functionality wise and design wise.

20. visor

visor Regular Member

^^ Are you playing on mat or hardwood?

I find that this shoe is good for mat, but a bit hard for hardwood. For that, I definitely need to change insole to Spenco Total Support Max.