2013 Indian Badminton League (August 14 - 31)

Discussion in '2013 Tournaments' started by chris-ccc, Feb 19, 2013.

1. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Hockey is the national sport of India! wow shows how much I know I thought for sure that it was cricket.
    Ok thanks for the Info, I suspected it was just due to there being more matches basically.

So I had a look for myself. Turns out averages are nearly exactly the same for IBL and HIL so that makes way more sense.

[TABLE="width: 500"]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD]Amount of matches[/TD]
    [TD]Total viewer Figures(million)[/TD]
    [TD]Avg. Viewers per match(million)[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]IBL[/TD]
    [TD]18[/TD]
    [TD]21.4[/TD]
    [TD]1.21[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]HIL[/TD]
    [TD]34[/TD]
    [TD]41.4[/TD]
    [TD]1.22[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]IPL[/TD]
    [TD]76[/TD]
    [TD]190[/TD]
    [TD]2.5[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

2. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    lol at you doing that table....:p...
    the thing is that, I have read some where that 190 million of IPL is the total unique viewer reach of the total IPL...So, this average viewer per match and per day wouldn't make sense actually..
    And even the TAM ratings(TV ratings) suggest the same.....as the average of IPL TAM ratings have been 3.9 for IPL 6(with the final reaching 8.7) while IBL at 1.0> .

yupp..got the article..

http://www.livemint.com/Leisure/l6Y...-tests-ahead-for-Indian-Badminton-League.html

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    I would like to thank our IBL organisers

If badminton can be well promoted in India (like cricket and field hockey), I would like to thank our IBL organisers for it.

:):):)

4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired

I lke the word "IF". :D

5. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Forget about IPL, I see even with my comparison to have all those viewers unique or not for that many games is miles ahead. It was more the comparison between hockey and IBL that was the telling factor. I think IBL are right to get the extra teams in next year because I think that alone will bring the viewer figures up. I read TAM ratings are the biggest pile of #+'* anyways.

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

You know - Many Australian players are invited to participate in cricket and field hockey leagues played in India. Our television broadcast in Australia do show them matches.

Since no Australian players are invited to participate in Badminton, nothing is broadcasted in Australia.

What a disappointment; I say for our Badminton fans in Australia.
    :(:(:(

7. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Former thinking-man of BAM never had the brains to organize a league in Malaysia. Or is it probably guts or the lack of it? Probably had something to do with 'guarantee for profits' too. :cool:

8. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Either they are too selfish or too sluggish to organise. They can't do profits all of a sudden in the first year itself. Even IBL suffered some losses but all the franchises including the organisers are very much interested in expanding it further. That should be the motto. You may very well know that badminton is not at all given importance by people here. Still, they want to make it popularise and make it familiarise so that many youngsters choose this game as their career. With LCW in hands, malaysia can do any wonders if they really want to do.

9. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    You're right. Even with Taufik on the steep downhill, he is a blast with youngsters aiming to make an impression. The future stars of badminton can learn a lot from playing with stars and former stars, be it experience or the kick out of telling people, 'hey i beat so and so... even when i was a junior', and that's a very satisfying feeling indeed. Heck, even I would be tempted to try my best to win against LD or LCW, what more for youngsters aiming to make it big. You see, the empty cans out there is just not interested and they do not know how the minds of fans and players ticks, so how can you expect them to function as a management, but rather as a mundane employer aiming to make a quick buck like a stock market investor - meaning get out while there's time, and make the best out of every situation to their own advantage, not the country's or the fans. Let's hope the ship can turn around in time as other ships have sailed.

#1129 Pakito, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2013
  10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

It is a testing ground for organisers staging Badminton Leagues to generate 'guarantee for profits'.

IMHO, it should be for the love of our sport, Badminton, first. To generate profits, I am sure them people can invest in many other business activities other than staging a Badminton League.
    :):):)