What Shuttles Have You Used

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by drowsysmurf, Mar 29, 2007.

1. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    you should try the DTL master. they are a grade higher than the official. for me no birds have really lasted 1 game with a good amount of smashing. the official and tourney #2 died in about 1/2 game. i'd say the tourney #2 is better than the official and the master is better than the tourney #2 from that particular ebay seller. i am also currently purchasing the sosan greens from that ebay seller because i just need some training birds and sosan greens are good for training and club play. gonna save my RSL no.1 for tournament play so i won't be cutting the whole in my pocket too big.

2. Double_Player

Double_Player Regular Member

well it's hard to say how long exactly a bird will last. depend on playing style and the game it self. DTL master eh? maybe for next season :) regular season ends in 2 weeks. no point trying to try them at this point. it won't go no where. I'm happy with kaiweisi green and dtl official. they're good enough for me :).

3. Double_Player

edited, double post

4. kris1503dara

kris1503dara Regular Member

Rsl & Victor Shuttles

For RSL, the tube is golden/bronze
    For VICTOR, the tube is mostly white with blue at the sides

And yes, the 78 is the speed... I believe the higher you go, the faster the shuttle. Most of the tournaments in my area use 78 I believe.

5. kris1503dara

kris1503dara Regular Member

Steaming Shuttles

I don't know how many of you actually steam the birds before use. They seem to slow a little bit. I've actually been debating about trying a faster bird (79's instead of 78's), to try and get my original speed @ 78. (I know that was probably confusing.)

Does anyone have any techniques for steaming birds?

6. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    take it to shower with you =P that's what I do... har har... really i'm not lying =P then i put a semi wet piece of paper towel in it (i'm too lazy to do all the fancy work)
    refer to: http://www.shuttlecock.com/Resources/Shuttlecock/hydrate.php
    there are 3 methods for you to choose from.
    just make sure when you use the steaming method, ur shuttles aren't too close as the heat could cause the glue on the shuttle to become weaker than it was.
    the RSL tube you are talking about is probably#1 Tourney or the Classic. The victor tube you are talking about is probably Tourney no.1

7. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    another addition to the list:
    Tronex Gold - very nice shuttles as well. I would rank it along with RSL tourney #1. the flight is extremely consistent. the durability is right up there. the only problem i had was the tube i bought seems a little slow =P prolly got wrong speed for the wrong conditions. badminton alley used to carry them but no more... >.<

8. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    btw... couldn't run back and edit my post. the RSL tube that's gold is probably No.1 Tourney or Tourney No. 1 not Classic Tourney.

9. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    rsl classic tourney(77) still one of the very best. weight and stability. as the name insist, Reinforced Shuttlecocks Limited, RSL.

10. adrian.sutikna

adrian.sutikna Regular Member

Sales Engineer
    My shuttlecock is Garuda...
    I dont think there is any in other country beside Indonesia,
    It's good and not as expensive as Yonex...
    there are many fake Garuda in Indo, use the original one only...

11. Double_Player

I have garuda crystal. it's crap. the feather is ugly + dirty and it doesn't fly properly. just sorta float. it's the rounded feather one. my aunt bought it for me when my parents was in Jakarta.

berapa harganya garuda yg sungguhan? punya gw ada harganya Rp 35000 terus ada sicker di deketnya Rp 4000 :confused: yg bikin PT torasakti indotama.

12. Double_Player

forgot to put in review for sosan green: OK. last 1/2 game before the feather start to break. the tube say select club grade, its true. don't last very long. good for practice and warm up.

#52 Double_Player, May 8, 2007
    Last edited: May 8, 2007
  13. Bobatea

Bobatea Regular Member

Japan does sell more Yonex products than the rest of the world since Yonex is Japan. The other major brand I tend to see is Gosen, which I have used and they are no where near the quality of Yonex. The F-90 I believe would be only sold in Japan because of the price (~$40 per tube) and Japanese people are always about quality. You never have to worry about the speed of the shuttles because the store changes their supply accordingly with the weather. Also, you usually do not have to worry about multiple different shuttle brands, especially unknown brands, being used by players. Most people use brands like Yonex and Gosen because tournaments always use those shuttles. I'm using Victor Greens now and personally they feel a little "light." The Yonex shuttles I used had more of a solid feel.

14. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    the AS-50 is like USD$26/tube or something and the AS-40 are USD$23/tube. For a regular player, those are pretty expensive. f-90s being $40/tube, i hope that can last 2 games at least.
    between AS-40 and RSL tourney No.1, i'd go witht he Tourney No.1 mainly because RSL is cheaper, flight consistency is also there, durability is about right there with the AS-40 in my opinion.

15. Double_Player

My review of RSL Tourney Classic:

Superb feels, superb flight and awesome durability. Last more than 2 MD games for 1 steamed feather (with plenty of smashing). Simply put: Shuttlecock at its best, the ideal one.

16. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    yeah... double support your review... go RSL Tourney Classic!!

17. Double_Player

review for RSL tourney #5: OK. last 3/4 game before it start to wobble and loosing feather.

RSL tourney #2: good. last 1 game. 2nd game for some reason the bird is going slower.

18. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    No Hi-Qua shuttles being mentioned here.

When I was in HKG, Hi-Qua Blue and Hi-Qua Red are the only shuttles I used. They are cheaper than Yonex AS-40 and of better quality if you ask me.

Hi-Qua Red seems to be a better grade than Hi-Qua Blue but does not last as long as Hi-Qua Blue. Therefore we tend to use Hi-Qua Blue for warm up and practices and keep the Hi-Qua Red for actual game play.

When I return to Singapore, I could not find any shop carrys Hi-Qua, and since I have switched to RSL Tourney #1. But somehow I dont think it is as good as Hi-Qua Blue or Red.

To me, Yonex shuttles is too expensive sicne the price is tightly controlled by the distributor. And the model below AS-40 is not really playable (they donot last long nor do they give consistency).

19. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    *gasp* tourney #1 not live up the hi-qua blue?!?!? you must have had a bad tube or something. that's comparing the top of the line shuttle of one brand to bottom of the line shuttle in another brand... i think that the comparison should be pretty far apart unless u received a bad tube. it is true that the blue might be pretty durable... but i'd say the flight paht/consistency is far in comparison to a lot of other shuttles. the hi-qua red has the flight path/consistency, but the durability lacks a little, but it shouldn't be as bad as the blue. when i say durability i'm comparing itz flight path/consistency ability to hold up when the bird gets damaged a little bit.
    the only reason i'm con yonex because of price and also i do not like yonex corks too much. when i hit the shuttle, it closely reminds me of the feel i get when i hit their mavis shuttles... hard corks... just my opinion.

20. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    Hmm..we need Matt.