Yonex Nanospeed 9900 Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ants, Feb 5, 2009.

1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Oh yeah.. i forgot your the Mod. Good work!.

2. slvrdrgn123

slvrdrgn123 Regular Member

Improving what little skills I have
    I feel juped...where's my review!!! =]

Hope it comes soon so I have something to read at work. It's boring here. -_-

3. h4n5ip

h4n5ip Regular Member

This thread is actually brought our attention before the review itself has been revealed.
    Nothing wrong with this thread.
    I hope Ants will review soon.

4. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Definitely nothing wrong. It's just that someone is trying to seek attention. ;)

5. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Ants has done this with his previous threads.....it helps add hype to the racquet he is reviewing...which is definately cool.

6. 6 woods

6 woods Regular Member

Job Job

2月24日発売☆予約受付中☆[SIZE=-1]ナノスピード9900 NS9900
    ★30%OFF!★
    [SIZE=-1](SIZE:2U4/2U5//3U4/3U5)[SIZE=-2]サイズを選択してください[/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-2]ハイスペックモデル。 カラー:メタルオレンジ[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-2]フレームのみ[/SIZE] \25,000- 17,500(税込18,375)[/SIZE]

It is the real price in Japan!!
    Not too sure about the picture....:confused:

7. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    True but he's really getting me excited about the racket and I need a review. Ants, give everyone the review. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry :D But on a serious note, when can we expect to see the review?

8. ants

ants Regular Member

Don't worry guys.. i will deliver the goods. When i say i will deliver i will. Have i ever disappoint you guys before? Im still doing the final details and i don't want to put in the wrong data. Have been using the AT900s and AT700s. So i wouldn't want to put the judgement on the NS9900 so fast. The result might differ. Hope you guys understand.

Yes i usually put in the Thread first just in case.. and it is an "unspoken language" in the Marketing world... you can't see.. but you can feel.

BadFever : Bro, Probably you are right.. im seeking attention. But do you think i need that? ehhehe

For sure the review will be out before the Launch!

9. Danstevens

Student
    Excellent. That was what I wanted to hear. Thanks, ants.

10. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Just kidding la, ants. But somehow I forgotten to put in :p:p:p. Sorry.
    Melbourne weather is making me not thinking straight today. :eek:
    Looking forward to reading your reviews on my next purchase. Please tell me that it's not Pink color and has heart shapes all over the frame...eewwww. :(

#30 BadFever, Feb 7, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  11. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    It is probably a generally good idea to post your views when you have them, instead of posting your intentions to post your views when you get them :)

my 2 c.

/Twobeer

#31 twobeer, Feb 7, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  12. ants

ants Regular Member

Thanks for the advice. I will take note of it. just that i would want to post a full review instead of just a view. But thanks.

BadFever.. no worries mate... i wasn't thinking well too when i started this thread too.. anyway dont worry about the color. I'm sure you will love it when you get your hands on them one day.

13. Danstevens

Student
    Ants, please post it soon, I can hardly contain my excitement. I know you want it to be right and accurate and fair but I just need to know about the racket :D

Can you tell me if it's stiff or extra stiff? It has been said there's only one version.

Thanks, ants. I'm sure the review will be worth the wait.

14. HaoFung

HaoFung Regular Member

the racket is supposed to be extra stiff

15. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    How do you know in the first place?

16. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I thought your racquet is always extra extra stiff?

17. HaoFung

HaoFung Regular Member

UK Sellers posted in pre-sale info on their website. The racket will be released during the AE so I guess they got the correct info.

18. ants

ants Regular Member

YONEX NanoSpeed 9900 Review

Review Date : January – February 2009
    Launch Date : Feb 24 2009
    Racket Type : Yonex NanoSpeed 9900
    Specs : 3UG4
    Strings: Yonex Nanogy98 ( Supplied )
    Tension: 30lbs , 1 Piece Stringing
    Stringing Machine : Yonex ESPRO
    Technology : Nanoscale Technology, Elastic-Ti (GuMMetal) , High Modulus Graphite ,Solid Feel Core + Special Fullerene
    Grip: Original Grip
    Shuttle Used: Yonex Official and Yonex Tournament

First Impression:
    I have not been receiving a lot of samples lately from the “Evil Empire” as some who have quoted about Y Company. But when they deliver, they really deliver. With the latest batch of goodies, one item that strikes my eyes when the box is open is this piece of racket, which I’ve summoned to do something about it. Curiously and delicately I open the piece of plastic. I feel somehow like a child receiving a Christmas or Birthday gift.
    So in my heart I must be thinking... hey this must be the latest NS9000 series that I’ve been told before. True to it looking at the logo on the shaft and grip “NanoSpeed9900”!. It confirmed my excitement. At least now I have some toys to try out.
    As I’ve mentioned before in my old Review on NS9000 X/S. I don’t like their color initially. But then it grew on you eventually. Probably it’s the vision of the designer to make the NS9000 stands out and have a “Futuristic” look. But then the NS9900 looks much better than its predecessor I would say.
    After using Armortec900 and Armortec700 for sometime. I’ve decided to switch back to NS9000 in order to adapt to the weight balance of the NS9900 before I do the post mortem of the specimen.

It feels comfortable when I handle the racket. Seems to feels at home whenever I use a genuine high-end racket. The weight balances well with a tiny head heavy feel even when it’s a head light racket.

Stringing Impression:
    This racket is easy to string. I don’t see much movement of the racket frame when it is pulled at 30lbs on both main and the cross. It really feels solid. Technically this racket can be strung up to 38lbs based on the unofficial report. So I think that there is a improvement on the durability.

Warm Ups:
    I love the flex of this racket. Mixture of Stiff to Extra Stiff when I hit the shuttle. Probably it’s the feel of a new racket. Everything is so crisp. Swing wise is not as hard as compare to the NS9000 X/S. Probably because of the design of the racket frame. During initial hits, I did feel some vibration. Nevertheless it does not interfere with the control of the shuttlecock as well as the fine touches. Baseline to baseline hits is easy, as I do not need to “force” hit it. Overall, smashes seem bit more powerful but drives need a little effort. The racket head seems to move faster with the swing.

Game Time:
    I like the way of the racket movement when I swing. When it passes thru the air I don’t feel much drag compare with the rest of the NS rackets. Even it’s a head light racket, you can feel the precision and the touch of the shuttle. The placement of the shuttles around the court is without much effort. The delivery of the signal from the frame to my brain seems much clearer when I was executing drops and net play. However I was not so happy when come to flat drives, the racket needs more of my effort to produce the momentum when returning back the shuttles. However the maneuverability of the racket is easy and fast even when comes to doubles play. I’m satisfy with the overall performance. Smashing power and hit feel wise does reminds me of the AT900 Technique which surprises me since NS9900 is a head light racket. Long drives is good and I can execute them with much ease even when I’m tired. Less drag does makes a lot of difference when comes to performance. I love the handling of the racket during returning smashes. However I have to be more careful to adjust the power as so the shuttle won’t fly over the baseline. Defense wise this racket is excellent.

Conclusion:
    Its been almost 3 years since the last Nanospeed 9000 series and Yonex has been working diligently as well as going thru the fine details and specs into producing this latest piece of Technology. NS9900 boast to have the fastest racket head swing compare with the rest of the NS Series. Technical wise thus produce more power in the smashes and drives. For those who fancy Yonex NanoSpeed Series. NS9900 will be another breakthrough in terms of technology, design as well and its usability on court. Durability of the racket frame is enhanced thus making this racket more long lasting on court and as well as holding high tension and frequent stringing.
    For the advance players, I would suggest to use a 2U specs instead as generally 2U rackets is more durable therefore your racket will probably last longer for the regular play with high tension string. Not that 3Us spec is not good, some may find 2Us too heavy for them to use. For those who is looking for an upgrade from NS9000 S/X to NS9900…this is the time to do so. Definitely you will not regret making the decision. As to quote this racket … “moves like a butterfly sting like a bee” as it strikes like a head heavy racket and easy on handling. Yet again Yonex and its R&D team has always made the best racket there is in Badminton. This time with the arrival of NS9900 your game won’t feel the same again!

I would rate this racket in terms of Feel, Control, Power and Defense. However it is based on my own test and review. It may vary depending on the player, tension and what string you use.

Feel: 9.5/10
    Control: 9.5/10
    Power: 9/10
    Defense: 9/10
    Maneuverability: 9/10

Pros: Design,Technology, Fast Racket Speed, Durability, Good control and
    Maneuverability

Cons: Price

Suitability: Intermediate/Advance. Singles/Doubles Players

Ants

19. bluecraze07

bluecraze07 Regular Member

Thanks for the great review. Do you have any pictures? I'm also curios. How do you have connections with Yonex for them to let you do testing on new products? :)

20. tcy148

tcy148 Regular Member

EXCELLENT review!!!! I'm sooo excited to see what the finished product looks like!!!
    This seems to be the ultimate racquet! - Power and head speed all in one?!! amazing!
    BTW... if anyone is interested - tennisnuts is already accepting pre-orders for the NS9900. They are expecting them to arrive sometime in March.