World no2.LCW get allowance of RM15k monthly

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by xymaerts, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

We cant ignore cos she's one of the policy decision makers. Her opinion and NSC opinion could cos a player to be out of the squad. It's not just talk, its talk from someone powerful.

2. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    I agree with you.She is a sport minister and the whole country is looking or observing her whenever she made any comment or statement.

3. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Frankly, I am not surprised with Azalina's dimwit comments. She was just playing to the gallery. Our politicians at best are pure idiots. And in my opinion, it is the ONE AND ONLY reason why Malaysian sports are in the pits.

4. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    I am not one to jump on sides before reading both sides of the story, but anybody else thought the response on here to Azalina's comment might have been an overreaction? Anybody knows if she made the comment in a serious manner or in jest?

This however, is certainly one.

-

The day you have anything good to say about this country is when the 49th Swine Squadron fly overhead in a swan formation.

5. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Well, let me ask you 2 questions. Are you Malaysian? Do you live in Malaysia?

6. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    should be ok,s1nn3..

7. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    Yes sir, reporting for interrogation sir!

8. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Interrogation?? You have this fascination with torture, eh?

9. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    Not really, just movies. :)

Either that or I have an inkling of what you will follow the questions with.

10. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Ok dokey, since you have answered my 2 questions. Allow me to refer back to your above statement.

Hmmmm ... let me see .... what is there I can say that is good???

Ok, ok .... I got it! For a start, 3 things. And they are as follows:

1. Our police force .... is very enterprising. We got some cops with assets worth over RM20million.
    2. Our education system ... our 'top' universities are ranked eh ... top 200++
    3. Our sports (since this is a badminton forum) ... we are world class in badminton ... though we last won the All England back in 92', we are better than Laos in football, top 20 in men's hockey
    There you go! ;)
    Knock yourself out.

11. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Questions? You have already answered them. You are Msian and you live in Msia, remember?

12. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    Wait, are you asking me to answer for all the above? Using specific cases to apply a generalisation on the whole system? Help me, the focus is too broad.

13. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    dont vote her for the upcoming election then..i suggest..
    no..just joking..

what i mean is for us, the fans-just ignore all her opinions.dont say anything about her opinions as..well u know how malaysian government rite?just ignore all those opinions..let nadzmi deal with her..

telinga memang sakit dengar dia kutuk kita punye players..tapi terima ajelah..

14. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    can i say sumtin pemuda?..i got nothing to do with this.dont involve me.

u are always complaint,then complaint and complaint.everything is not right 4 u.
    do u have any suggestions on how to improves our nation ?
    dont just talk.do the work.Have u done sumtin for our country?

15. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    KooFan.. If there is nothing good to say.. better not say it.

16. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

1) Wilfredlgf, you certainly have not been following the news.
    I was not over reacting - this is not the 1st time Datuk Azalina make such statements. I've read so many I'm sorta immune to it by now.

+ she's a high profile minister trying to proof she's making good progress in her portfolio. + she's known to be a go-getter, no laid back kinda thing with her.

just one example, after debacle in football at Asia Cup, she wanted to pull football off the elit prog, give the budget to other sports. She put it forth to cabinet, they discussed it, football still elit sports but must proof their worth.

So when the sports minister want "penjelasan" its serious business.

2) I also mentioned NSC. NSc is bigger boss than BAM. The NSC director has said to badminton, gold in Olympics or else the whip will start cracking. That was what he was quoted as saying - means some people will lose their jobs.

NSC approves the budget a sports association uses - badminton is elit sports, high expectations.

Another example: If KKK/TBH had not won gold in Doha, Yap KIm Hock would have lost his job, the press said as much, and has happened before in Malaysia and other countries.
    Cos Yap KH backed up Rexy when Rexy choose inexperienced pairs to go and they lost in team event.

+ NSC director obvoiusly don't like YKH and said in effect " YKH was appointed by BAM, I dont know if he was ready to take up the post." Shortly after that there were a few incidents where this director tried to cause trouble and undermine YKH's reputation.

And, I heard from a friend of mine working in NSC that politics pretty much come into play there, which is no surprise.

Oh yeah, before anyone mention Hafiz aka Mr Yoyo, he's with private club Nusa Mahsuri, so the powers that be cant put as much pressure on him.

There are other examples but I tak kuasa to explain, read up, see the trends.

#36 eaglehelang, Nov 28, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  17. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    ohh.about my criticisms above..?
    ok.sorry for being quite annoying but i really cant stand pemuda.
    he can give criticisms about how our country works but theres no solutions stated.and i hope u know,this is not the first time.

but anyway,sorry..im being off topic .my post is not relevant to the title of the thread.sorry.(this apology is for pemuda too)

18. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    that is why brother,i asked u to not explain all this.dont even bring it up.
    we gained nothing.unless if we reveal all this in this forum,we can stop her.(as our 'honourable' press wont say anything bad about this).

but i think we are all know,it wont happen.
    in the end,buat tambah sakit hati n memang tak kuasa nak layan.so better jangan layan

19. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Nooo ... did I asked for an answer?? You said and I quote "The day you have anything good to say about this country is when the 49th Swine Squadron fly overhead in a swan formation". I then merely provided you with not 1 but 3 things which are good about Malaysia.

Specific generalisation on a whole system?? Hmmm ... interesting, care to elaborate further?

20. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Ok, allow me to answer your questions.

What is so right?? Lets look at this Azalina's comments on LCW. She singled out LCW despite knowing very well that Hafiz performed even worst. Is this playing to the gallery to boost her popularity amongst certain segment of people??

I complained about our sports being in the pits. Isnt it so?? When was the last time we took home that Thomas Cup?? Ever won the WC? In football, look at our standards, even tiny little dot, Singapore made it to the 2nd round for the coming WC qualifying. Where are we in men's hockey today? Better not mention women's hockey cos we are non existent. Even sepak takraw, we are behind Thailand.

What is wrong in complaining about our education system, crime rates or health care services?? Look at the standard of English amongst our local graduates today. Where is University Malaya as compared to Nanyang University of Singapore? Look at our crime rates, it is on the rise. Go take a look at our hospitals, it is pretty 3rd world.

What have I done for our country?? Ok, I represented the nation in football some years ago, the under 21 and then under 23 team. I gave up the game because I got fed up with the nonsense in FAM i.e. the favoritism, in-fighting and politicking , unprofessionalism and a whole host of other things which I dont want to mention. Let me give you an example, once we went to France for a junior tournament, the officials who accompanied us amounted to about 18 people of which half were not even there for football matters. They went shopping and sight-seeing. Imagine, our squad of 23 players, we got 18 'officials' accompanying us! Do you know our Malaysian team then had the largest number of so called officials?

Now, dont say I am bitter. Actually, I am glad to give up football cos the game is a dead end in this country. Football for a university degree, I am glad I took that decision.

Other than representing my country, I am a law abiding citizen and pay all my taxes on time.

Lastly, on your question "do you have any suggestions on how to improves our nation" . ..... One word comes to mind .... apathy. Get rid of it.

#40 Pemuda, Nov 28, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.