Victor Brave Sword Lee Yong Dae 2011 !

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tranphuloc, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Hahaha.. You really dislike Made in China products...

2. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    I have a prototype of this limited edition model. Quite light. Not as stiff as z-force. Most people who tried it, liked it. ;)

3. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Can someone clarify for me once and for all - is the LYD noticeably head-heavier than the BS10?

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

No. It's pretty much about the same, or maybe a tad less head heavy - the difference in BP is not very noticeable though. It's a little quicker though, as the head is smaller. The stiffness should be similar as well, although with the string it had there was no way to tell for sure.

The overall feeling is less head heavy and less powerful than the 10&09 for me.

5. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Thanks Jackie. That's the other issue I have - the BS09 is described as very similar to the 12, which is far and away the most headlight Bravesword! Is the euro spec one different to the TW?

Something tells me I should get a 09, but there's always the lure of the new models and all their promises....

#325 Maklike Tier, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Hm when I had the BS12 over it felt very similar to the 09, but less head heavy. No idea if the TW and EU models differ, though. Seems to be the trend lately. :S
    Anyhow, getting used to the BS09 again....it's a very quick racket itself, and not as head heavy as the first impression made it out to be (got a little confused with the stiffness creating a lag similar to a head heavier racket). Still, enough to provide me with some firepower, and the medium shaft helps with that.
    Very different from a N70/C7 though, not nearly as heavy/head heavy. ;)

7. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Victor are really missing a trick here - they should sort Jung Jae-Sung out with some colouring pencils and let him loose on his own MX80. It would sell itself, especially when he wins the OG with it.

8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

IF :p
    The LYD is gonna sell like crazy in any case because I'm pretty damn sure they'll reach the final. If the Chinese are able to win that elusive Gold is another question, but barring any injury/sickness problems on either side that's the final, just like LD/LCW in the MS. Those 6 guys are just one or two levels above anyone else in the game.

9. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Agree....Provided LCW does not meet CL in the semi, will make the final even more interesting...

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

With the current situation, he'd meet Chen Jin. And on the big occasion, he'll surely beat CL, but I guess it'd take more out of him than beating CJ. In any case, he's the player the all Chinese will be coached to beat. CL will probably have to be content with a Bronze this year though - there's no way LD is gonna lose to him.

11. Swiftlegend

Swiftlegend Regular Member

Student
    Can anyone compare this racket to an ARC10 please? Bought a VT80 last week but it just doesn't feel right for me. Never properly used a really head heavy racket and it just doesn't suit me. I think i'm going to return it - playing with a BS12 as well at the moment and really enjoying that just lacking a bit of smash power compared to my ARC10.

12. Rahul.

Rahul. Regular Member

Self employed
    Read through this thread and nobody seems to say anything about how the racket feels and plays.I purchased this racket and had it strung with bg80 to 26lbs.I am an intermediate player. I find it a poor racket and is the last racket I would use after my victor mx70 and vt80. It just did not offer anything special to me. It just felt heavy and cheap. The mx70 is a much better racket. Disappointed, just wasted another £100.

13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

That's quite incredible - the one I tested was not heavy at all. It's quite light, stiffer and quicker than the BS12.

I'd guess you'll not get the extra power you want...try a BS11 or BS168, they're both medium flex as well and should be head heavier than the 12.
    A bit more coaching and a bit of strength training would improve your smash more than getting a new racket, though ;)

14. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    The BS11 is rated same balance as the BS12 but is one notch stiffer. The BS10 is two notches stiffer. The BS LYD is the one that is slightly head heavier.

15. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    I find this really bizarre as love mine - give you £50 for it :eek:)

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Don't trust the rating. It states the LYD is head heavier than the BS09, which is not the case. The Victor rating really is quite confusing and not entirely accurate or even true in some cases.
    With the models released here, the BS12 was the head lightest of the 09-12.
    Sorted by head heaviness: 11=10>=09>12
    Stiffness: 10>11>09=12

17. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Yeah I would probably tend to agree with this. I love the BS10 & 11 - such nice rackets

18. Rahul.

Rahul. Regular Member

Self employed
    Only had 1 session with mine. Gonna have a few more before I decide if I wanna get rid. Might re string with my fav string bg80 power, and up the tension to 27 lbs. My first impression was bad compared to the lovely all round feel and power of the mx70. The vt80 first time also felt very powerful and smooth, shame it tires me out and hurts my shoulder. Hence my search for a racket with the power of the. Vt80 but without the pain. The brave sword LYD is not that racket!

19. AlfAhmad

AlfAhmad Regular Member

Student
    If you get shoulder pain or whatever it is train harder like a soldier your body will get use to it hehe. Thats my advise, do some weightlifting. No pain no gain :p

20. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Have you considered the BS10 - It has a stiff shaft and a little weight in the head, but not as much as the VT80. The BS11 also has a similar stiffness to the MX70.