Victor Brave Sword Lee Yong Dae 2011 !

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tranphuloc, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

BS LYD 3U
    VS850, white, 10,5 kg

@carbonexfan: What differences did you notice between BG66S and BG66UM at 11kg?

2. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

Both were accurate, had power and control, but the BG66UM gave me a metallic feel which I experience as hard feeling. Yonex has a different understanding for hard feeling so I'm sorry for putting this statement in former post. Although BG66UM should have good dampening properties, I did not like it. It didn't gave me the feedback I wanted. Maybe the small frame with shorter mains and crosses were just not right. I like the softer feeling of the BG66Sharp. The harder I smash, more feedback are given which was not the case with the BG66UM. The feeling is a very personal thing.

3. flite

flite Regular Member

Place both rackets side by side and compare the overall length and side frame profile. You shall find out why.

4. betazone

betazone Regular Member

Hi Guys, i am currently using VT80 4U , wish to get BS LYD should i go for 3U or 4U? just afraid the LYD 4U too light but wish to get info from u guys. thks

5. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

@CarbonexFax: Ok, thanks for responding. That should mean you rather like softer strings? What I know from my last BG66UM is that I very like its sharpness and its repulsion. It gave me so much more feedback than a NBG98 for example (which has the same thickness. On the other hand, there must be a good reason why LCW is using BG66S and not UM :p

I think both of these rackets will feel light in your hands. BUT: On the court, the VT80 will be noticable heavier due its head heaviness.
    Are you sure you wanna compare these two rackets? For me, they are absolutely not to comparable.

While VT80 is head heavy but still fast and superb for singles, the BS LYD is delivering superb performance in doubles and especially in the front court area, defence and in drives. But it also still has power for smashes.
    Unfortunately I don't like BS LYD for singles because it doesn't give me the "Boom" in singles. In doubles it is no problem to smash with it due the fact that you're more often on the back court AND you're more prepared to smash.
    Well, that's my experience. My techniques are still improvable and maybe it's the lazyness. Maybe these are the bigger reasons :p

Just to let you know: BS LYD is completely different to VT80.

I'd go for 3U. Voltric's are the only one series which I'd go for 4U. All other rackets in 4U will probably lack in power a little bit, imho.

6. betazone

betazone Regular Member

thanks for the input!

7. Porky

Porky Regular Member

I've tried both 3U and 4U.....strangely, 4U really lack the power by alot as compared to 3U....perhaps my string setup for the 4U need to be change abit to unleash the power....but i really like the fast swing and maneurvability of the 4U....

8. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

BlueTornado's (Almost) BS LYD Review

While I can't write a full review for the LYD for the time being, here are some of my initial impressions:

Design
    Man, this is a nice looking racket. Softer colors relative to the usual red and black, but I think the yellow, white, and silver go together well and make the LYD stand out. The gold paint on the side of the frame doesn't appeal to me as much though. Nice small red accents at the top of the frame.

The accompanying bag looks nice as well, but being a single compartment bag, is not really usable for me as I carry much more stuff than that. A good collectors' item.

Setup
    I used optic yellow Ashaway ZM62 old at 24 pounds, and put an RKEP Elite over the original grip.

Performance
    The racket swung very quickly thanks to its Bravesword frame, and definitely topped the already decently fast BS11, one of my favorite rackets, in that department. It might even be faster than the BS12. I'd say it's slightly less head heavy than the BS11, but more so than the BS12. For reference, I believe my 11 has a balance point of 297 wet while my 12 has a balance point of 292. I didn't get a chance to measure the balance point of the LYD, but I'd guess around 294-5 wet. Also worth mentioning is that its weight does not feel more concentrated at the top of the frame like the 11 or at the T-joint like the 12, but more even throughout the frame. While I haven't tried the BS10, I'd say it's probably similar to that in terms of balance point and in between the 11 and 10 in terms of stiffness. A highly usable spec.

Drives repulsed off the string bed easily thanks to the amazing ZM62 old, which IIRC performs better than ZM62 new. Control and feel were likewise amazing, and you can easily tell why Lee Yong Dae would use this racket, especially with the great-feeling VS850. In terms of power while smashing, I'm not really sure where to place this racket yet. Probably in between the 11 and 10 assuming you can maximize each racket's shaft, but this racket would probably be less demanding than both of them. I didn't actually measure the frame length, but if it is indeed slightly shorter than normal then I didn't even notice it. Defense was bad at first - this thing was so fast that I was swinging too quickly! After I got the chance to adjust, however, defense was superb.

One drawback of this racket is that it's not as torsionally stiff as, say, a Meteor, but that's not really the fault of the LYD in particular as it is the Bravesword frame. You can feel it twist a bit more than a Meteor, but that's just part of the tradeoff really, a little more speed and maneuverability for a little less power and stability. Aside from that, I haven't found any problems with it so far.

Alas, I didn't get to play with the racket longer because the string snapped after only a couple games on a strong mishit near 12 o'clock. Unfortunately, ZM62 old does not have as good durability as ZM62 new. Maybe I'll give 0.62 strings another go with some AP62 and if that still doesn't work out, I'll stick some 66UM on it. Until then, it should be taken into account that these are essentially only initial impressions until I get more time to assess my findings. But one thing I'm sure about: I can't wait to use this racket more. :D

9. aazraff

aazraff New Member

business
    how to check either my victor bravesword lyd is original or not ?
    my racket model bravesword LYD code : SGF9228987

10. MonkeyMadness

MonkeyMadness Regular Member

Had some more game time with this racket last night and still plays like a dream. Fantastic speed, defence, net play and power when you need it. If only i could afford another 2!! :)

11. mew1838

mew1838 Regular Member

Hey bro, do you mind giving an update to how it plays with the BG66UM? I have NBG99 28lbs on mine, and the power is amazing. Feel and control isn't as good as my BS12 with BG66UM.

12. sraoo

sraoo Regular Member

Student
    I currently use a VT 70 (3u) and I've been searching for a similar or comparable secondary racket and I've noticed the BS LYD, however, I'm not sure if the Victor racket is marginally stiffer or head-heavier than the VT 70 or not. After playing with the VT 80, I realized stiff rackets are fairly advanced for my skill level, whereas the VT 70 is suitable. My question is, should I purchase the BS LYD or opt for the Kason C7 or F9, BS 11 or a MX model?

#432 sraoo, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  13. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Personally, I would go for Bravesword over Kason racquets. I think you will find it is a superb upgrade on Voltric 70..

Good luck
    Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

14. sraoo

sraoo Regular Member

Student
    That's great to hear! The BS LYD isn't too stiff, correct? My play style is offensive and I play doubles.

I love your reviews, by the way.

15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

BS LYD is not as head heavy as the VT70. It's also stiffer, so it's possible you'll lose some power. BS11, while still a lot quicker, should be closer to the VT70.

16. MonkeyMadness

Hey, the 66um are playing great with this racket. Iv got all the control i need and the power is great. In my opinion this string seems to really suit this racket but i would like to know what other people think?

17. AlfAhmad

AlfAhmad Regular Member

Student
    yup i agreee with you mr.monkey but bg66um tension drop yoo fast. :(. you tried with nbg98 before?.

18. MonkeyMadness

Hi AlfAhmad,

Cheers Iv never tried the NGG98 but i did like the 95 on a previous racket. Does it have the same repulsion power as the UM66 because i string my own rackets and i so far havent noticed much of a drop in tension.

19. AlfAhmad

AlfAhmad Regular Member

Student
    i see.. usually i used ultimax in 3 weeks or a month with 27 lbs. the tension will drop or dead. but i use mx-london now and love nbg 98 on it. never try on lyd before. maybe one day :).

20. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    I currently have NBG99 on my BS LYD and although it is nice, I prefer both VS850 and BG66UM on it.

I also have red 66UM on the MX London and it looks and plays great!