BG65 Power or BG80 Power?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by chng5255, Oct 1, 2012.

1. chng5255

chng5255 Regular Member

Hi players/stringers, I am restringing my racquets soon but need help choosing string. I wonder the thicker BG65 Power or thinner BG80 Power really "perform" with my VTZF, ARC10 and AT900P. Never strung these before as I wanna give a try

2. dffhkhksg

dffhkhksg Regular Member

Just give em both a try if you can. No matter what people say here, you may love or hate a string because it is so personal.

3. chng5255

chng5255 Regular Member

Appreciate ur advice, this market is flooded with dozens of branded strings and each has it's own specialty. If really need to try means drill my wallet for holes. In fact, it also takes time. Meanwhile, I need to clarify another statement. Thickness and tension strung of a string affect the playability? If yes. Kindly explain.

4. dffhkhksg

dffhkhksg Regular Member

Thicker string = more durable, and not as much "bite" i believe (helps with control shots). Usually are a bit "Softer", so they wont hurt as much if you are not well conditioned. Generally can be strung at higher tensions as well.

Tension is the biggest factor i'd say. High tension means more power is available to be released, but if you aren't strong/good enough to unleash it, your power will decrease dramatically. High tensioned strings generally have a bit more feel to them as well.

5. inbox

inbox Regular Member

Basically, if you like to have a "Hard feel" meaning to feel the shutter more when it leave your string bed, thicker string is your choice. And vise versa...

Other performance attributes are as stated by Yonex.

6. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Try BG80P. It's one of Yonex's newer strings. I have it on my VT-ZF @ 27lbs. It provides me with ample power and decent control. It has a softer feel than the regular BG80.

Note: my opinion based on my skill level, racket choice, string characteristic preferences, and string tension.