Rexy cracks whip

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by george@chongwei, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

They won the WC in their 3rd attempt. Is that numerous to you??
    How many times have KKK particpated in the WC?

2. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Hmmm ... ever see me being "hard" with Wong Mew Choo??

..and really Malaysians need to not take anything negative as hard. We really need to get over this molly cuddle culture or else we wont be able to stand on our feet in the real world.

#62 Pemuda, Jan 8, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  3. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

O deary me, here you go again :(

Let me state that time is the best judge for all. This year is the Olympics and lets see in Beijing whether KKK/TBH can deliver or not. The Olympics is the best testing ground. Since I have said that in my opinion KKK/TBH are flash in the pan, I stand to be corrected. And I will be more than happy to eat humble pie should KKK/TBH take that Olympic gold.

I will refrain from responding to your claims about me twisting facts etc as there is no medicine/cure for your prejudice.

Have a nice day.

4. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    fu/cai TOGETHER won the WC on their 3rd attempt. KKK AND TBH, only participated for WC together for the first time this year. men doubles means a team. must consider their performance when they play together. they might win the next WC.

5. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

LOL, have I ever seen you being 'hard' with WMC ? I don't know and will never know.:D:):)

Seriously, perhaps hard was the wrong word -- I should have said harsh. You were a 'tat' harsh with some of your statements.

At the end of the day, it is a tough life playing badminton - it is continuous training and commitment. Forget about the past management (whoever that irked you), the current crop of people and players are worth our praises. Despite their losses, KKK-TBH are playing well and improving. LCW has recovered his pride. Hafiz has realised he is 'not as good' as used to be and working hard to redeem. BAM is listening well. From my point of view, it is not a bad situation to be in.

I am seriously looking forward to this new year with enthusiasm as a fan, and I am sure you are too despite being harsh.

6. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Like I said, time is best judge. Lets see come this Olympics in Beijing ;)

7. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Mind u that KKK hv only participated with TBH just 1 time.
    All yr post actually repeating the same thing. U should just summaries all that to one:
    All msian player sucks! I hate that they cant bring glory for me and i condemn them for that! I hate bring a Malaysian!

8. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Dude,

Hold on to your horses, dont jump the gun. Please read my question again (pssst , to make it really easy for you I have highlighted the obvious) :eek:

"How many times have KKK participated in the WC?"

Not this year, dude. It was last year. Its 2008 now.

And yes they might win the next WC just like they might win the Olympic gold etc. But 'might' is a very big IF.

Have a nice day.

9. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D;)

10. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Dear sir,

Please read carefully again my question.

"How many times have KKK participated in the WC?"

When and where did I say all Malaysian players are bad as per your "all msian player sucks!" rant?

"I hate bring a Malaysian"? How is that, sir?

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

You take a dislike too to KKK's accesories (to put it mildly) and then say "As long as they perform, dont care what they wear". Then why critize the accesories in relation to performance. Read what you wrote on Kido/Setiawan being all business like on court, no rings, or accessories here and there, like it's related to their winning HK Open.
    And mind you, although I'm a gal, i'm dont accessorize at all.
    Fyi, some Chinese wear those stuff for feng shui or good luck, esp jade .

Molly codle culture - you seem to think our players are pampered - far from it, far from it. It's "Badminton is our hope, must win gold or else, must get gold or else". With current Sports Minister, the 'or else' does happen.

I agree with Xball that if Fu/Cai were Msians they would have been clobbered for not winning any major titles after 2 years partnership 2002-2004. Were they "molly codled" then? Currently Fu/Cai also lose some matches, if Msian, sure, kena teruk teruk.

Another example : Kido/Setiawan - already covered in other threads. If they are Msians, 1st half of 2007, when they keep losing, sure also clobbered (which never fails to happen when it's Msians, not neccessary by you but by others ).

Anyway, I think my looonggg posts have made your eyes hurt & make you pening, he, he, he. We end all this here, this eagle gotta fly somewhere.

#71 eaglehelang, Jan 8, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  12. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    i can't believe i am going into this quick sand but you are really incomprehensible sometimes. yes, let's see your question again.....

now, lets see the context it is put in. you started by commenting that fu/cai won the WC in their third attempt and follow that with the question of how many times KKK have participated. now explain to me what it means in that context. the way i see it, you are comparing the times fu/cai entered the WC and the times KKK entered the WC before winning it. and my answer to that question cum comparison is that you cannot compare the two because we cannot judge KKK performance on his own rather he must be judge when he is playing with a partner, in this case, TBH. this is because on his own KKK is not a men's double team. he is just one player. when he was playing with a different partner he performs with that partner. so, different partners different performance. some men's double gel very well and compliment each other well, others not so much. so we should have to wait and see whether KKK/TBH can win the WC within three times of participation to see if they can compare to fu/cai. isn't that a fairer comparison rather than just targeting KKK and judging the partnership of KKK/TBH by only one player? or if you meant the question in any other way, please do explain the context of it to me and the rest of BC members because i think they understood that question like i did.

13. eaglehelang

Dont worry, Azabaz, I understood the question same way you did. Sometimes Pemuda's selective in his interpretation - and Pemuda dont get angry, you did that to me too.
    I had free time these couple of days, so I entertain him a bit.

Anyway, interesting year ahead.

14. badMania

badMania Regular Member

As far as I know, 2005 was the first year that Koo Kien Keat participated in a WC. His partnership with Chan Chong Ming won a bronze as they reached the Semi-Final. In 2006, Chan Chong Ming's father passed away, so, it was unlucky for Koo/Chan. 2007 was his third time, but first time with a different partner (Tan Boon Heong). They reached the Quarter-Final.

For Tan Boon Heong, last year's WC represented his first attempt.

15. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

When did I say "As long as they perform, dont care what they wear"?? :(
    And please stick to this thread, dont go all over the place.

Yes, this eagle better fly away cos' it is looking more like a crow actually.

Have a nice day.

16. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Quicksand?? Incomprehensible?? From someone who cant even get the year right, I find it comical to say the least. :eek:

Dude, suggest you see my question in total, nip picking bits and pieces wont do it. Your "you started by commenting that fu/cai won the WC in their third attempt and follow that with the question of how many times KKK have participated" is incorrect. Please refer to posting #56 where eaglehelang said "The pressure issue wise - earlier post I already gave example on Fu/Cai in 2004 OG. They flopped in their 1st OG 2004". I then responded by reminding her the titles Fu/Cai have won. zqloy then followed in post # 58, "Fu/CAi only won the WC after numerous attempt". I responded stating that Fu/Cai won the WC in their 3rd attempt and I asked him whether that was considered as "numerous attempts"? As a follow on question, I asked him how times has KKK participated in the WC?? Here, a straight forward answer will do but then you came along on that high horse of yours with your quicksand and incomprehensible rants.

I have said this before but will repeat it again. Time will be the judge. We will see in Beijing. It is as simple as that just like my simple question pertaining to the number of times KKK took part in the WC.

Quicksand?? Lets not make a mountain out of an anthill.

Have a nice day.

17. eaglehelang

Me is back. Crow? :) ahhh, black colour, my favourite colour.
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=759218#post759218 is the most recent one I remember.

Sori, most recent not on clothing....but that was on being "You want to be glamour, no problem. But ensure the results are delivered as well la. Win the major titles like WC or OG."
    This was after you commented Kido/Setiawan "Other than the technical abilities, I also noticed no bracelets, chains nor fancy hairstyle."

Similar comment in HK Open thread on Kido/Setiawan win. "I like Hendrawan/Kido for their down to earth nature. No showboating, no fancy stuff etc. No colouring of the hair, chains, numerous rings and bracelets. They are all business when on the court. In short, they are professional full time badminton players, not some metrosexual wanna be. No wonder they are World Champions."
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50316&page=2

In relation of it to KKK's hmmmm image, you already commented in other threads - the 'showboating' is the word you used oft for KKK, so.......
    + Badmania comment about your dislike of KKK's 'accessories' in this thread.

That's why I pointed out that perhaps(perhaps only) the accessories are for feng shui/good luck/ward off spirits -which some ppl do believe & wear. Hair - KKK hair now back to black/dark, whether he dyed it for fashion, or good luck, dunno-lah.

Stick to thread thingy - Most of the points/isssues here have already been discussed in other threads, so I just mention that particular point;), waste energy to repeat, this also took another 5 paragraphs - just a matter whether the reader can catch it or not.

18. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Read my statement again :rolleyes::

"You wanna be glamour, no problem. But ensure the results are delivered as well la. Win the major titles like WC or OG."

Ok, where are the major titles??? I mean the WC or OG??? Not Phillippines Open or Kedah Open etc. ;) Again, no prob if one wanna be glamour but deliver la the WC or that Olympic gold, not some mickey mouse trophies.

But what is your point really?? I mean firstly you mentioned financial rewards in Msia not good enough and now you are going on about my comments about Hendrawan/Kido. For the financial part, I mentioned Denmark delivered that Olympic gold with less $$. For Kido/Hendrawan, yes they are down to earth with no chains or bracelets. And yes, they have that WC title nicely tucked away in their cabinet.

So, whats your point??? The accessories are for feng shui etc etc?? Feng shui and those magic mumbo jumbo aint gonna deliver you that WC or Olympic gold :D

Glad you like the colour black cos it is looking gloomy. Feng shui is gonna win us that Olympic gold in Beijing!?:rolleyes:

19. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Sorry cant stop laughing :D

Maybe BAM should get Malaysia's best bomohs and mediums to help in Beijing.
    Malaysia Boleh.

20. eaglehelang

Ah ha, you didnt get it.
    Already said two posts back (he, he, notice I often say this) & Badmania eloquently phrased here :
    "From my readings of Pemuda's posts so far, he is critical of Koo/Tan mainly because of Koo's image (ear-rings, show-off attitude, etc, which I stress may not reflect his true character of course). Once the tendency to be Becham-esque sets in, Pemuda thinks that they will not achieve big things."

Point is : 1) At one point you'll say being glamour ok if win major title, at another critise KKK esp on this as if it's related to performance, especially when they lose. Put it simply, you seem to include the accessories (chains, bracelets, hair colour) in the showing off image of KKK.
    And not only one time. I'm not going to search for that one.

2) that the accessories may not be for "glamour" or showing off or 'metreosexual wannabe' image as you may think. Yes, yes, we laugh but some ppl believe in these things, if not the Feng shui experts wouldnt be rich.
    Of course it doesnt win gold at WC or OG.

Denmark & rewards part, less $$$ kah? Question is which year they won?-I'm still searching on the info.

Anyway, my point is same : I dont think our current althetics are sufficiently appreciated - monetary & non-monetary in comparision to other countries (I already posted that earlier) - this is talking current, not past situation.
    Dont repeat the Thomas Cup example, that already discussed extensively BCers here & other threads.

Non-monetary - I already gave Nicol David example - for all the titles she won(8 in 2007) & world best female squash player award, make Msia's name better, what thanks she got ? Must give 'penjelasan' for the 2 she lost, like she lost the whole year thru. Only demand results, complain and more complains.

Monetary - Of course, $$$ rewards dont guarantee gold or results just an indication. If not, why the other countries are prepared to give so much? Just to show their country rich?
    Always the arguement is dont give too much rewards/praise, dont give too much rewards, wait they 'lupa diri' like 1992 time- as if the current amount they give is a whole lot.

Just shows to me what the government thinks of its sportspeople, no wonder many dont allow their children to go into sports, include badminton.
    Open to individual interpretation - you may think it's good enuf, I think it's not, no point to debate.