2012 Badminton Asia Championships: Semi-Finals and Finals matches

Discussion in 'Continental Championships 2012' started by chris-ccc, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

WYH thirsting for revenge tomorrow, I think she will avenge her defeat on LXR this time,in future it may be harder

2. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    her ranking is meaningless now.........LYB is not impressed but he will keep that to himself first after the Uber Cup because he still needs WSX's service to help China beat Korea

WSX's behaviour on the court today reveals almost everything that's going thru her mind now....she knows she wont be going to London after all...will she commit herself to help China win back the Uber Cup...

As for tomorrow's final, it's going to be Li Xuerui's day...that lanky girl is on fire....stay tuned..

3. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Derbies are no holds barred matches. That's why it is interesting, unlike badminton where it has been manipulated and becoming boring.
    Oh...why? Why has the sport that I love reached to such a state and the governing body is doing nothing?

4. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Li Xuerui weaknesses hasnt been exposed yet as she is not on the tour for veli long

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    because my idol,the most famous+greatest badminton athlete in human history love to do so.
    this is the value of badminton sport,without any doubt.

6. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    well tell that to Li Yongbo...right now WSX's body language shows she knows her fate very well....unless

her good friend Wang Xin will sacrifice the place for her...which is so UNLIKELY..who is crazy enough to give up her/his place ....plus Wang Xin has only one chance to play..

7. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    These two Kims are fairly new pair no? Impressive how they hold themselves against the CHN duo...still things might turn around quickly..

8. uselessmail

uselessmail Regular Member

Is there any place on the whole wide web that we the mortals in Europe (Germany in particular) can watch the matches? I've tried everything but nothing works. Badmintonlink website is offline most of the time. The mens doubles is going on now and there's no link to see it! Even the BWF youtube website says that "Video not available"!
    Oh the Frustration!!!!:mad:

9. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

Well, I guess no clean sweep of china tomorrow as Koreans lead 14-4 in the second game

10. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    This shows China failed to produce a MD pair good enough to challenge the top pairs, let alone the average pairs.....this pair is going to London just to make up the numbers...dont expect anything from them...If Cai Yun/Fu Haifeng fails, China fails in MD.

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Yes indeed the Koreans are producing very good doubles in all three disciplines. And they don't even need the great Park Joo Bong to assist them. What incredible depth!

The Chinese have lost G1 and is trailing far, far behind 8-19 in G2 now. Delightful touches by the two Kims against the no.1 seed.

12. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

*OMG* :p My boys are demolishing the opposition! :cool:

13. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

Koreans won 21-9 amazing:)

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

An upset in the MD, the weakest link in CHN's badminton, even more so after Cai/Fu's impending retirement after the OG

15. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Thank God we at least have one real match to watch now. Waiting for KOR XD to make two.

16. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

If you think that Wang Yihan or Wang Xin might sacrifice themselves to save Wang Shixian, or that Wang Shixian will loathe them, dream on. All these stays on the court. LYB's final decision is for the good of CHINA. Friendship is off the court and secondary to this primary objective and it stays there. They are China professional players! I don't know how close Li Xuerui is to any of the Wangs but if Shixian or Xin is denied an Olympic spot in favour of Li, I don't think there should be bad feelings between any of them. Stop dramatizing things such as friendships.

#196 undeadshot, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  17. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    It could have been worse if not for the generosity of the Koreans in the later stages of the 2nd game.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

LXR-WYH will be another real match, showing the ROW how WS badminton should be played, the two best players in the world now.

19. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Looks like it will be a draw game between ARS and CHE.

20. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    If i were her, I would be absolutely pissed....i won the Asian Games and had good run from the late 2010 and won the two Super Series titles (legitimately) and made it to almost every semifinals . And she did play badly in two/three tournaments including the World Championship by getting knocked out early. This year the Olympic year, she has played well to reach at least the semifinal of every tournament and now she has to accept the fact that her place is going to be taken over by someone who received less attention and started a winning spree a month earlier since then..

The worse feeling similar to getting robbed of and the person that robbed you off is someone closer to you off court...that sucksss