Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

If from where we come people are really serious about putting things right, a lot of problems

would already be solved.It is simply not possible because of the mentality .

We have to put our own house in order first before criticising others otherwise we will always be moaners and losers.

It is not constructive to label others thugs and then speak for others as angels when they punch their spectators, fight over a car park,

walk out of a game when the line-call is against them, or play aimlessly after losing a bad call causing the country to lose a T cup point,

boycott your own association etc. etc. I am sure that qualifies that latter to be more of a thug.

2. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

By all means do so, please identify all the thugs and slam them , especially those surrounding me.

But give a balanced and non-partisan view and dont get personal .

Very soon this thread needs to be closed.If you think people are behaving like thugs, stop moaning and

give them a taste of your own medicine, that is positive and constructive, not making a lot of postings which achieve nothing.

#1622 Bbn, Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  3. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Best eg, LD says he is not ready to serve.

Ok, next rally LCW does the same, end of mind games.

LD doesn't want to change the shuttle, next rally LCW does the same, so stalemate.

Forgive and forget is really "tidal apa" in many peoples ' books.

4. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I can understand Lin Dan's WO and it does not frustrates me. From his point of view, he does what counts, he goes for the big occasions, the team events, and the Chinese club league ; the SS events are not a priority, for him of for the Chinese team. Why not let other play?
    But we can criticize him for entering the tournament. I suppose he thought he could play it but realized his body could not go on or would risk injury.
    Lin Dan have not been injured since I don't remember when, and this is something all the players should pay attention to.
    A member said earlier that LD should retire before playing happy badminton like PG and TH, being bashed by young players. That is not true : PD almost always make it to the semis, sometimes to the final and even once or twice a year win a SS. As for TH, he always have had his up and down. I add this to illustrate my opinion on some people's view on players : not realistic and childish. Why should we judge people so harshly? Sportsmen are just people.

5. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Don't worry guys, this thread won't be closed. Look at the title!! It's the Prince.

I noticed there aren't many of his fans here after his "no show" except one who is trying very hard to defend him, even without knowing the reason of his withdrawal, citing other examples in the past just to protect the prince. The rest are probably too ashamed by their idol's behavoir. Hopefully, there will be a disclosure why he gave a walkover. Correct me if I am wrong, I think in tennis, you are not allowed to do this except due to injury and confirmed by a doctor. Not "suka suka" don't want to play.

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    OT: Make bitching a recognized sub-forum

I think it's time for the Mods to open a new sub-forum titled "Bitching" with sufficient caveats and terms, and with separate sub-sub forums titled:

"Bitch about your own country"

"Bitch about your country's Badminton Association"

"Bitch about your country's economy and past and present governments, and how they are responsible for all the problems in the world, especially badminton."

"Bitch about your players"

"Bitch about your non-performing players"

"Bitch about your performing players"

"Bitch about your peers"

"Bitch about your parents, in-laws, spouse and children"

"Bitch about your neighbours"

"Bitch about the Martians"

and so on....

I guarantee Kwun will need to upgrade his servers or put in a fully-stacked blade cabinet, use SQL or Oracle and get a 100Mbps top tier connection to the Internet. Maybe even start a "Wiki-bitching" site!! ;):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    And become a celebrity overnight... ;)

7. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Well you people said we should defend what is good for badminton.I think LD giving WO is good for badminton because it gave Chen Long for eg.

a chance to win a SS and not allow it to be dominated by a few.

I am sceptical about all postings from certain Malaysian fans because I am convinced they are biased even before they make a post, no one for eg. has answered on the HH or Taufik issue. I will take seriously though postings from genuine badminton fans who really appreciate badminton
    without taking into account other factors.
    Just go to any Chinese or LD site and point me to the link where they condemn him for not turning up and I will take it seriously.
    As a Malaysian fan by all means support or criticise own players, but draw a line before criticising other nationals unless there is proof.
    No one is supporting LD here simply because the forum is dominated by Malaysians.you might as well start a thread " Was LD cheating etc.".

8. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

A person is innocent until proven guilty and has benefit of the doubt, to me it is very natural.

Did other players who withdrew also give a reason?Why should LD fans be ashamed, was the reason for absence already known?

What's wrong with citing misbehaviour of others I got the exact response I wanted to prove.

#1628 Bbn, Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  9. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Good questions. Are the answers out?

See posting by another member in another thread( http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...-SS-Quater-Final-(3-12-2010)/page19&p=1579224 ):

well
    let read this
    “這不是玩我們嗎?”
    觀眾不滿林丹退賽

周五當中國羽球公開賽複賽正激烈進行之時,現場卻突然播放廣播說林丹因傷退賽,此舉讓現場的觀 眾大為不滿,很多人直接在現場喊起了“退票”的口號,有部份衝著林丹而來的觀眾則直接選擇提前離場。“退票 、退票”的喊聲開始在源深體育館內此起彼落,一 些觀眾也表達了他們的不滿情緒:“我們買票就是衝著林丹來的,現在他退賽,那不等於是玩我們嗎?”“比賽前 宣佈傷退,這也太奇怪了吧。”部份觀眾在確定林 丹肯定不會出場後,選擇了直接退場:“就是來看林丹打球的,其他人也沒甚麼看頭了。”

the crowd asked for refund after get to know that lin dan walkover
    the last bold sentence:just come to watch lin dan play,other player doesnt attract me

http://sports.sinchew-i.com/node/15808?tid=3
    this is another one from china
    http://www.badmintoncn.com/view-12315-1.html
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the most absurd reply!!! and you say this is good for badminton??? How would Chen Long feel ?

Who is saying about guilty or innocent? I am not. I (like pBm) just want to know why he withdrew. Simple as that and then debate on the reason. Here, you are giving tons of examples, dating back to the 80's and 90's. Don't think many members have any knowledge about those situations. Let's talk about the present. Wait for the answer, if there is any.

10. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Here's the answer.
    XXF has started advertising for Tide detergent. And she warned LD:
    "Time and Tide wait for no man!" :D :D :D
    Come on guys, move on. :) The real question I would like to have a (truthful) answer to is:
    "Why is the CBA behaving so arrogantly? Do they really think they are doing the international community a favour?"

11. flite

flite Regular Member

After reading almost all the postings here, I would say it applies both ways.

12. flite

flite Regular Member

There is a saying "like father like son". Just look at the character of the person in charge of CBA and one wouldn't find it amusing that there is air of arrogance throughout the association from the day he took charge. The same cannot be said to the great China badminton team of the 80's where achievements and humility comes together.

It goes the same for others. The chief would eventually inject his style or character to his undertakings.

13. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I have to admit, your post is very thought-provoking. :( When you study the behaviour of each of the marquee CBA players over the years, there is some evolution for sure on the part of each of them. There is not however, a sameness to the evolution, which would have been the case if what you posted was the reason.

LD is a chatty guy when he wants to be. But he is obviously under instructions when it comes to certain things. Ditto the rest of the players. So to "blame" LD for the no-show is probably a waste of time. The players themselves are an OK bunch (including LD, and it hurts me to admit that! ;):D) and you can often sense the reserve and almost unease of some of the senior players at times.

The careful handling (please note: I did NOT say "manipulation" :D) in almost every case is by the CBA. Not the players.

14. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Ya thats why LD gave a military salute after winning the AG. Its the order from the top heheheheh............

15. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

What about the character of the father of BAM or other associations, do the team and players also reflect their behaviour? Good model?
    Like you said works both ways.

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Be thankful he didn't give everyone else the finger... :D :D :D

17. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I really dont know what you are all talking about, the last time Chen Jin, Xia Xuan Ze,Chen Hong, Xie Zhong Bo etc etc. came to KL

they treated local people like family and chatted freely on just about anything you want with no inhibitions.

Maybe things have changed in the last few years.The problem is I think language, some people are unable to communicate with them.

18. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

"One should not shy away from blasting those thugs with their way of dominating others. The world does not belong to them."

I wonder to whom this statement is directed against, I am all for it for a better world but let's start at home first before we venture globally.

if it is directed towards a certain badminton country then we know clearly the agenda of this so called"badminton " fan, from the venom injected

I hope its not the agenda of Malaysian badminton fans here,otherwise it will become a political forum.

19. flite

flite Regular Member

That is true and if you read my post carefully, it was the head of the organisation I was referring to all along. Nothing to do with the players.

The last sentence of my post is quite clear if not affirmative.

20. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

It is your prerogative to talk about the present if you want to but I never forget history, Its even made compulsory in school.

There are enough cases of crooks for eg. committing commercial crimes and later coming back in various guises to fool people who never learn from the past. That's why there are records kept for posterity. A crime committed is a crime and cannot lapse after a few years like a Limitation Act.