Victor SH9000ACE

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by wuldup, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

They're using 9000ACE-D

2. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Yep. But interestingly LYD still uses SH8500. CJS too.

When I was test wearing the SH9000Ace, it felt something weird, in the middle of the soles. Maybe due the new lines on the rubber sole:
    SH9000AceDBottom.jpg

3. JukUx

JukUx Regular Member

thanks everyone :) I guess I'll be buying those shoes! they look too awesome lol :D

4. Jonster

Jonster Regular Member

University Student
    I bought them around June or so and they are pretty nice shoes. All the Yonex shoes I have had, the left shoe loses its rubber tread on the inside upper part of the foot from lunging. Victor have placed a more durable form of rubber to prevent this from happening. Ultimately, it makes the shoe last longer.

5. BUnstable

BUnstable Regular Member

Student
    I just bought these shoes and I've noticed that when you bend the upper part of the shoes, the creases that it makes on the leathers, they don't go away unlike the Yonex's SH-102. Is this supposed to happen? Seems like the leather is less likely to take back its shape.

6. Dreyson

Dreyson Regular Member

Designer
    Do you know if it has the autofit like the SH8600? & whether people with wide feet can fit them?
    Really thinking about buying the Sh8600 Blue & the SH9000Ace Red.

7. dsmbooster

dsmbooster Regular Member

financial analyst
    for wide feet people, just change the insole and your thinner socks, that's what i do, got to squeeze my feet in them,

8. Dreyson

Dreyson Regular Member

Designer
    What Insole do you use? coz my Yonex SHB102 Blue feels crap.. not much cushioning at all when i lunge.

9. dsmbooster

dsmbooster Regular Member

financial analyst
    just thinner insole, no brand name on it, but it was still wide, so I use thinner socks, fit the wide of my feet, then I put back the original insole in, feel much better with the waving insole

10. Borbor

Borbor Regular Member

Anyone have a clue where to get these in toronto? :)

11. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

What does this "autofit" mean, guys? I can't imagine how it works for real *lol*

by the way: Victor shoes seem to be larger and wider than Yonex'. That's what I've noticed when I've compared my Yonex SHB-102 to my new Victor SH8500. Both are 270mm, but the Victor one is longer and wider. Unfortunately too long... I'm thinking about to replace them, because they cause me blisters on the very front of my feet...

Does someone know how the Li-Ning shoes are designed?

12. i800Yoty

i800Yoty Regular Member

Does anyone know any where i can buy these in the UK? Or if i can buy them online?

13. amleto

amleto Regular Member

good question :D

apparently Ben will have some 'soon'

14. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Centralsports has a picture of the shoes for their Victor Shoe section (the one you click on to see all victor shoes), but no actual shoe for sale... ;)

15. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

First off, I would like to say kudos to Eric for providing me a free sample of his RKEP EX3 Trainer Socks. Now off to the shoes...seriously the best and I mean THEE best badminton shoes I have ever worn period! (This is coming from wearing Yonex MX-101 to Yonex SHB SC5)
    Low cut design, but at the same time providing the right amount of support that is needed for my wide feet, especially with my custom insoles (Tried them with just the stock insoles first, and it killed my feet just as I predicted it to happen, but taking them out and slipping the insoles on, I played so much better then my old SHB-SC5's & of course much quicker on my feet in singles play)
    If your looking for new badminton shoes, please look no further and get yourself a pair of these!
    PS. Grab yourself the yellow pair, which I did :D

16. visor

visor Regular Member

^ How does it fit wide feet compared to SC5EX? Comfort, support all better? I've been looking to replace my SC5EX as they've developed a hole by the dragging foot.

17. Borbor

Borbor Regular Member

no one carries these over here in this part of Canada :(

18. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

Comfort & Support is on point with the SC5EX. I would say it's on the same level as the SC5EX if not even better. Do you have custom insoles? After the first session playing singles & doubles with my SHACE9000, I feel as though it's totally burned in and sunk in with my feet compared to my SC5EX in which it took a while to burn in even with my custom insoles.

Have you tried e-mailing Eric? He can get you those shoes for less than $120! (Standard shipping though)

19. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    I'm curious, how wide is too wide for this shoe? I mean, he users who say they have wide feet, how wide are your feet anyway?

#219 Wingu, Dec 1, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  20. Borbor

Borbor Regular Member

The shoes came yesterday, tried em today.

I can't say enough about Eric's speed of shipping.

No clue why companies make these "non slip" insoles. They feel absolutely awful on my feet when I tried them on. Luckily I have 2 pairs of Spenco insoles that I used to swap out of the 92MX on a weekly basis (gonna swap shoes on a daily basis now so they'll last longer)

First impression was lateral support is better than the MX. The shoes feel awesome with the Spenco (AWFUL with the stock insoles. fwiw, i hated the yonex stock insoles as well) I didn't notice a huge weight difference compared to the yonex, and the height difference wasn't a huge issue even if the feet were lower to the ground. The support overall was however a few notches up over the MX. Whether I was moving laterally or fwd - back the support on the foot was better overall.