Howdy all

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by eaglehelang, Jan 8, 2008.

1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Welcome to BCBF! ehheh.. i think i need to update mine.. outdated already.

2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Photos of MAS players from ants ?

When you update yours, ants... don't forget to post heaps of photos of you with MAS players. :D

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

No, no, the task is to find :
    1) Race (easy only)
    2) Marital Status (also easy)
    3) State, this is easiest, since chris already found district, rest should be easy.

The above got give clue already. Name, difficult, since my nick not follow name.

Chris want satay? cannnn, come to Msia. Prize can give, anything that can transfer online? Other than hard cold cash. No pic sorry - eagle must fly here & there. serious, I will give prize - eagle dont fool around wan.:D

#23 eaglehelang, Jan 10, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  4. eaglehelang

Thanks taneepak, been to Langkawi before, years ago. And yes, saw that eagle monument. Errrr as Msians it's compulsory for us to learn Msian history, so yup, I know that part, just dont remember which year was Thai, British, etc.

Best for Thai food? :rolleyes: Maybe you went to better restaurant, I prefer Thai food in Penang, cheaper too, since Langkawi is tourist destination, more expensive.

It's an ok place for holiday, not great - it's usual response, own country, see also jelak (bored), other people's country more interesting cos it's different from what we see every day.

After the 'quiz' is over in this thread, I'll tell you what interesting things my state has.
    If I'm not mistaken, you're coming to Msia for MO, right?

5. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

Thanks for the correction. Sorry I misread the quest at hand, but I trust chris@ccc is a very determined and capable man for any jobs at BC with or w/o prizes :p

I haven’t watch Veoh.com lately. If I remember it correctly, last time I got annoyed because ad popped up every minute or so. Looked at yesterday, I didn’t see any more problems. As for the quality, the full screen is unwatchable, but the small screen is not bad. The trouble for me usually is the search, don’t know how and what to search for. I’d just click around to see what thumbnails came up on the right side, so not very intelligent way to find interesting things to watch. Saw the uploader’s profile as male, any reason or clues for us :rolleyes:

6. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    After over thousands of post, finally read ur intro.
    Keep having fun in BCBF:)
    And you are absolutely right on Thai food in Penang :D

7. eaglehelang

oh cannot find kah? easy only, just type "badminton", all the uploaders put the tag as badminton, or name of player. Thanks for testing it.
    But you no need do search for baddy, you have original, that's for future newbies, by the time they join, the upload links here are dead.

If you want latest ones, click on 'closest match' then 'this month'

8. eaglehelang

Chrisccc has correctly guessed 2 answers, he posted them in Birdwood's intro :
    1) State : Melaka
    2) Marital Status : single
    3) Race : ????

9. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

I know the answer to the 3rd one, but I'll leave it for Chris@ccc to solve since I admire his drive to tackle the hardest one first, which I could not find the answer myself :mad:

10. eaglehelang

State wasnt hard actually, I already said ask Player from Malaya, he's from same state, you all just need to PM him, then know the answer.

11. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

I did not try the state since Chris@ccc resolved it quickly and I don't know much about Masia geography. Also I did not know what Player from Malaya meant and did not make the connection with PM. The second one was the one failed me :mad:

Since Chris@ccc knows so much about Masia, I want to find out about his background whether he had come from Masia, but could not find his Intro. Maybe the 2 Chris are in the same boat :confused:

As for the prize for Chris@ccc, what are the choices? Should he need us to make any recommendations ;) Did you say online items only? Including audio recording from you :D

12. eaglehelang

Player from Malaya is the nick of a BCer lah.
    Yes, things that can travel online since chris is in Australia. he he he. No cash, no personal pic of eaglehelang. exple : Pic of Melaka,satay, etc, that one can.

13. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

How about singing a song and send to him on internet since Chris@ccc love songs, especially sad ones :crying:

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

The revelation & answer can be found..

..if you dare to venture reading this thread:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46666 ;) :cool:
    *I don't think chris@ccc has an Intro. thread..:confused::

15. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    this is totally off topic but when you mentioned eagle and animal i remember this one tv programme long long ago title MANIMAL where this guy can turns into different animals like puma, eagle and others. cool isn't it. hehehehe

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Hmmm..^^

..indeed, from your Intro. thread, you've been watching way too much telly...:p ;)

17. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    Eagle helang..a special name..nice 2 noe u..

18. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

Thanks for the direction. After being tortured for 6 pages, finally found that Chris@ccc is indeed native to Masia (I guess a Chinese descendant?). You could have given me the link for the page 6 though. Is that the way you want to get back to me for bad mouthing you :mad:

But thanks the same, you always come through when needed, a living dictionary for the BC forum. The reading was good, which reminded me the phrase of "Asian Tiger" coined sometime time ago.

KL looks well developed and countryside must be nice to see as well. Must be a good place for our friends to live and fly. I hope the cities don't have the same inner city problems as in US since they are newer :confused:

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

No and yes..

:D..to answer the above highlighted comments:
    1. No..:p
    2. Yes, of course it was a good read. Why would i lead you to something that you'll fall asleep upon..hehe:p..Well, fortunately it wasn't too long of a thread and has some pics to entertain your eyes...;) :cool:
    Yes, you should have a visit to KL, if you have time, in the future (as pics can only do so much to one's imagination)..:cool:

20. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

It's just not what I had in mind. I though Masia was more like Chn before, backwater kind thing. Even Chn today has become something I'm no longer familiar with. It seems KL is as good as Shanghai if not better :)

As to your knowledge base, one of eaglehelang's quizzes is still standing. Are you going to give a try and beat Chris@ccc to the punch or it's too easy for you :confused:

Don't shy away from any challenges or prizes next time :D