2011 Hong Kong Open SS: Semi-Finals Sat 19-Nov

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Open / China Open 2011' started by chris-ccc, Nov 18, 2011.

1. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Surprisingly their head-to-head is 3 a piece. Still thought they had some mental block playing against their more succesfull counterparts which is exactly the way the first set looked just now :p ...

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

"BWF should have" :rolleyes:. It's not even midnight in Sidney and this is the 4th match, what are you talking about?? And thirdly how often have they shown two sessions for the Super Series on their BWF channel? Or are you anxiously awaiting the next SS tournament because "this time they'll show it all for sure, just watch" :D

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The Korean MDs are playing each other now. Who knows how committed or serious they are? Seeing Cai/Fu already got a walkover,why should they? Problem is, which pair is willing to give way, the No.1 Kor pair to help the 2nd advance? Blame it on the CHN pairs,you say,they started it. OK,OK,just look at the score now, 21-10 to JJS/LYD in G1. I dare say, even if Cai/Fu were not given a walkover by their fellow teammates, would the Kor pairs play any differently? I rest my case.

Hey folks, it's Saturday,the night is young,go enjoy yourself with your family and friends, or just get a good rest. Let's not fret and argue over this. Have a wonderful weekend!

4. oasis123

oasis123 Regular Member

Excuse me, you can't even spell 'Sydney'. I am not talking about myself is up in the middle of the night, but 'A lot of people' in the other part of the world... A lot of people get up working at 6am...if you can't get up at 6am to watch, then shut up...

5. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    JJS/LYD won and will play a well rested CY/FHF tomorrow. Should be exciting.

6. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Jung Jae-sung/Lee Young-dae simply the best to stop team-mates Ko Sung-hyun/Yoo Yeon-seong, 21-10 / 21-9 in just 23 mins, no wasting energy for super match tomorrow against their arch-rival ;)

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I'm afraid you two are missing and misunderstanding each other's point (even bringing up typo errors). Relaxed,no need to be personal about it. BWF is for badminton. Before, there weren't youtube,now they have. If it's not good enough,they will improve, and it will come. All those website free streaming are also trying to cash in on it but for lack of sponsorship,they could only do this much. Where there's money to be made or somebody is willing to sponsor them for whatever reasons,they will gladly do it to delight the viewers. Let's wait and see. We all look forward to it. Cheers!

8. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    They should change their marketing strategy.
    I do know many people who would even pay to watch the SS events live in good quality.
    Idk but i would be happy to pay like 5€ / event or month if they start to garuantee a quality live stream or TV Channel for at least one court on Friday for the QF, the whole Semis and Finals...maybe 10 matches on Thursday as well.
    On the other hand idk any numbers and what is behind streaming or broadcasting an TV channel, that´s why i have no idea how realistic this idea ist...
    Maybe you guys can give us some input for this topic / idea!!

9. oasis123

oasis123 Regular Member

Thanks for being the middleman, however, I wasn't the one who started it. I was trying to share my opinions with other badminton fans here and I don't need criticism. I respect other opinions and hope others will do the same to me.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You are welcome. That's right,share and respect each other's opinion. I agree with you that BWF can do more, why show only the afternoon matches on youtube and not the evening's? I believe we aren't the only ones complaining,they will listen. Cheers.:)

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The onus is on ZN/ZYL again to take on Fischer/Pedersen tomorrow. This Danish pair is on a roll and has become the main contender for OG'12

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    so lin dan decide to play as 2nd seed in OG?
    cl need to slow down a bit then
    hehe

13. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

if the OG is within the next couple of months then they should be. but unfortunately they shown their hands too early as the surprise element will be gone by next Aug and give others more time to prepare to play against them.

14. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    LD too good. BWF seems inexperienced. Anyway, life goes on. ;) No more strength to comment much. ;)

15. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

what did i said? 23 mins for 2 games to be precise.
    this is team work, mate

16. fauci

fauci Regular Member

I totally agree. OG represents the highest status that a player can achieve, and every player wants to play there. People ask for fairness so that every country is involved, but it can be extremely unfair at an individual level when even as a top 3 or 4 Chinese player is barred from participating while an unheard from the bottom of the list is allowed for a one-round trip. It's irritating to see so many walk-overs, but they are just making most of the rules. And I agree that any other country would most probably do the same if they were in the same dominance status as China is today in badminton, or even further would simply ask for a change of the rules since such a country is highly unlikely to be only powerful in sports.

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hehe,just posted this in the proper thread
    since there is a latest walkover received,so i do one for their career since 2007
    [TABLE="class: cms_table_cms_table_cms_table"]
    [TR]
    [TD]cai/fu[/TD]
    [TD]against other country player[/TD]
    [TD]against own country player[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]play until finish[/TD]
    [TD]191[/TD]
    [TD]12[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]receive/concede retired or walkover[/TD]
    [TD]2[/TD]
    [TD]7[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]%[/TD]
    [TD]1.03%[/TD]
    [TD]36.84%[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

we can see that,in the match involve cai/fu against their own teammate,there is more than 1/3 chance it will be a walkover or retired:D
    let see tomorrow if the well rested cai/fu can beat lee/jung or not,hehe.:D

18. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Be careful with what you say.

Fans of the CHN team will come after you with vengeance. :D:D:D

19. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

I cannot see the difference between a WO and a mere practice match in public with teamates in 23 mins., except put on a show or no show...

20. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

And what exactly should they be showing? That 400x300 BWIN stream :D? You are under the false impression the broadcast is produced for the YouTube channel ... Is not the host organizer responsible for contracting the host broadcaster?I mean the All England is always produced by Sunset & Vines (or something like that) Only less than a year ago everyone was looking for some obscure p2p streaming software for crappy CCTV and Guandong streams and now already they want the whole arm?

In any case, if you have an opinion about BWF: send it to BWF [​IMG];)

Well there's a surprise [​IMG]

#220 demolidor, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011