Nanospeed series

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by m_hael99, May 27, 2007.

1. m_hael99

m_hael99 Regular Member

student
    hi everyone,
    I'm an advanced player in my university badminton club but did not take part in any tournament at all. I prefer doubles game and currently uses yonex carbonex 20 (I've 3 of them, all are my dad's so they are over 20 years old now =P). And I just bought a fake NS9000X on ebay for a whopping AUD$150 which I'm still very angry about. I'm looking for new replacements for my CAB20 and maybe I will buy two new racquets. I'm considering NS7000 and NS9000S because I want two different plays using two different racquets (not too much difference). What do you guys think? And would you be kind enough to recommend what type of strings and tension to accompany those racquets? =)

Michael

2. Bahamutmaster

Bahamutmaster Regular Member

Student
    i got a nanospeed 9000s and i must say that it plays amazing for doubles, lots of power and good defense. Dunno how it compares with the CAB20 though cos ive never had one. Instead of the 7000 i would recommend the 7700, though not as fast or as powerful as 9000s i would recommend it because of the great colour scheme Lol . The 9000X is also a good racket though not as fast as the S but more powerful.

Both my 7700 and 9kS is strung at 24lb with BG-68Ti (Some good sounding strings but bad for net play IMHO)

3. m_hael99

m_hael99 Regular Member

student
    haha but the new NS7000 colour is not bad too..fiery red =) do you think they will come out with new colour schemes for the NS9000 anytime soon? I don't mind waiting longer for the new colours.

4. Slicedbanana07

Slicedbanana07 Regular Member

I actually prefer the 8000 rather than the 7000 for its allround ability. I had a 7000, didn't like the combination of a flexy shaft and head light.

5. Bahamutmaster

Student
    nah, i think ns9000 will stay same, though the armortecs e lokig pretty gud specially the technique(white :f=drool:.....)

6. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    Michael,

May I ask the reason you decided not to continue wth Cab20? Cab20 is one of the few models that Yonex has confidently continue to produce and available in the market after so many years. This cannot be said to a number of relatively newer models. This kind of shows the quality of Cab20 and its long lasting playability and support from the players.

7. m_hael99

m_hael99 Regular Member

student
    Linus,
    Those CAB20 are in quite a bad shape. The wooden grips sort of shifted couple of times (no longer in proper orientation to the shaft). Sent for repairs but still shift after few plays. I reckon that my dad's CAB20 are the very early versions and has gone through years of wear and tear. Furthermore, I really would like to try new racquets of my generation rather than previous generation's =) So do you think a mixture of NS7k and NS9ks would be a good combi? I sort of made up my mind on NS9ks but I keep hearing cases whereby NS7k breaks quite easily upon contact with ground or with other racquets. Will the new colour be more durable than the old one?

8. m_hael99

m_hael99 Regular Member

student
    Hmm..you got a NS7k. Just wondering if it's durable ( please refer to my reply to Linus) =)

And thanks Bahamut for your info. Cheers. I wish I could collect all those yonex with nice colours haha

9. Slicedbanana07

Slicedbanana07 Regular Member

I had a ns7k for about 6 months. Had a clash but didn't break as well a few with the floor. However, the paints chips extremely easily. Not too sure about the newer model. I just think sometimes you are lucky and sometimes not when it comes to clashes.

If you are going to spend the money on a ns7k, you are better off with the ns9k; providing that the extra stiff shaft poses no problem for you. In the UK, it's an extra £20, which isn't much here as everything is overpriced :( , but translating to US dollars, its around $30 to 40.

Was wondering if you have ever seen/ heard or used the Yehlex rackets? One in particular is the Yehlex YX-9900 Nano. It's similar to the NS9k, except the shaft is slightly flexier. However, it is a very good racket and costs less than half the price. Its currently at a bonus price over at centralsports.co.uk for £44.68 from its usual £60. Don't be put off by the price, it is a really nice racket especially given its price.

As for string tensions, again, it's hard to say. You say you are an advanced player, so you should have some idea. What tensions are you playing with your old rackets? If they were factory strings whereby you have a lot of power, then I'd suggest bumping up string tension by 4lbs (so around 23) to see how that goes first. Then you can make subtle adjustments up or down to suit your own personal need.

Type of strings, Yonex BG-80's are excellent strings, but I won't dwelve into it that much. Refer to Dinkalot's awesome string review here:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38509&page=12

(page 12 has the updated charts)

10. m_hael99

m_hael99 Regular Member

student
    Thanks a lot mate. I agree with you that it usually comes down to luck =) I've been using Yonex BG65 at both 24 and 25lbs and I would like to try something new. Yonex BG70 and 80 look interesting. Hmm

11. m_hael99

m_hael99 Regular Member

student
    hey mate,
    I've decided to go your way and get NS7700 with BG80 and NS9kS with BG70pro =))) Will buy when I transit in Singapore in July. I think I would prefer the tension at 24lbs so there's not too much tension on the frame.

12. Bahamutmaster

Student
    good choice but remember to try them out before just too see if the racket is right for you ;)

13. takahira

takahira Regular Member

Something to do with software

I also have both a NS7k and a NS8k. I didn't like playing with the NS7k like what Linus said, headlight balance and flex shaft just doesn't work for me. I find the NS7k also at the same time not very great at net plays. The NS8k is excellent all around, but it is more attack oriented. and for my NS8k I have mated it with BG80 @ 24 lbs.

14. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Go with BG80 for NS9K-s at 22X24lb. BG70 is for pure hard smasher with no need of net play.

15. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Racket is not made to be bullet proof, therefore, bad string job, horrible usage (clash, etc) or harsh storage condition can very well damage the racket. Clash or hitting ground is NEVER an accurate method to test the durability of a racket. If you hit hard enough, tennis racket can be broken too, during clash or slamming on the floor. :cool: