Li Ning Strings

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Ferrerkiko, Nov 6, 2009.

1. hashdam

hashdam Regular Member

does anyone know where to get the large reel of the ns30 in HK ? ive only seen them in packs?
    and Blitzzards where do you get your ns30?
    any theories on why the chinese national team uses yellow strings?

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

They may like the color, they may be encouraged to do so to keep the whole yellow-red-China theme, or the yellow version differs from the white in some aspect. In my experience different colors of the same string can behave differently, especially the roughness of the surface can be different. Generally speaking most skillful players prefer rougher surfaces as they grip the shuttle better and allow you to control it better at the net and on sliced shots.

3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Their logo has to show up well;).

4. yshaun

yshaun Regular Member

Thanks... Soulsync. I haven't been able to find these strings at pertama or other li ning outlets.

5. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

No prob bro. I had the same prob locating this string for a while. Maybe not much demand for it.

6. yshaun

yshaun Regular Member

Called Li ning they don't have it. Many places have either old stock. It seems like a lot of people are not looking for thicker strings. I just strung another 2 racquets with AP 62 plus like I always do.

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Many people aren't looking for Li Ning strings at all. Around here, it's rather hard to get any string other than Yonex, and nearly impossible to get them on reels (and packs are 50%+ more expensive). Best bet is to mail one of the bigger internationally shipping online stores (my example for strings would be mybadmintonstore.com, for Victor products that'd be RKEP/squash_mart) and ask them if they will take it into their stock or can organize a reel or two for you.

8. yshaun

yshaun Regular Member

The problem is I haven't tried any of these new NS strings. Wouldn't want to get a reel if I hate the feeling. But ap 62 plus.. Love everything about it. I seldom break strings anyway so it was never a big deal. It also holds tension pretty decent.

9. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I've just put a feeler out to Li Ning UK, and they tell me there's no such thing as a 200 m reel of NS30. There are, however, 200 m reels of NS95, and they can be had in the UK.

To be fair, if LN were going to make 200 m of something first, it had to be NS95:).

10. Randomlegend

Randomlegend Regular Member

School
    Yeah I made that same inquiry Mark. Seems a bit strange to me, but I'm new to all this malarkey so perhaps it's not as odd as I think.

11. blableblibloblu

blableblibloblu Regular Member

student
    damn!! you guys took all the NS-30 on MBS (only a few white left and no more yellow). Oh well, better than nothing

12. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Oi! I only took one!

To be fair, if I had been able to afford it I would have emptied Winston out... it's that good.

I'm curious to see how NS50 performs - I'm expecting an BG65 copy, but NS30 doesn't match anything on the Yonex books, so who knows?:)

13. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I bought the other yellow NS30! Also got a set in white and a set of NS50! :)

Really looking forward to trying it out on my BSLYD when the VS850 break!

14. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

My Li Nings arived this morning, and the NS30 yellow went straight in my Rev. It's very "grippy" - you can tell when weaving crosses.

Interestingly, the NS30 yellow isn't the same as the NS50 yellow - well, mine wasn't. My NS50 is the classic "optic" yellow, but the NS30 has less green in it - more of a "pastel" yellow.

Haven't done anything with the NS50 yet, but initial thoughts are that it's going to be a BG65 analog - seems thicker visually than the NS30, and the surface is less grippy. We'll see how it plays.

15. Randomlegend

School
    I cut my VS850 to try out the NS30 yesterday (I liked the VS850, but I didn't fall in love with it).

Even just pinging a shuttle across my room (no chance to play properly until Monday something felt right. Hopefully that feeling continues when I get to put it through it's paces properly.

I say hopefully, as we've discovered they don't sell bloody reels of it which makes sourcing a good quantity less attractive than some of the other strings. Maybe it would be better if I don't like it and fall in love with one of the Zymaxes instead :p

16. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Winston always has a bulk rate, but if you're sourcing in UK it could get pretty expensive if you're in the "30+ and must be fresh" boat. You'll have some Zymax soon enough to contrast it against;).

Tried the NS30 yellow today, and, weirdly, it has a lower pitch than the blue at the same tension. Basically irrelevant, though - same frying-pan feel, same control, same power.

17. Randomlegend

School
    Yeah I'm not a 30+er and I'm not fussy enough (or notastudent enough) to worry about having fresh strings.

Even so, being able to buy reels would be so much better. It really does seem strange to me they aren't available.

EDIT: I don't know whether to be happy you've reminded me it's soon to be here or to berate you for teasing my poor Revelationless self.

18. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Winston seems to have run out of NS30 already. I hereby call upon all BCers to campaign for an immediate restock:D.

I can't for the life of me figure out why NS30 is so "low" in the Li Ning range...

19. hashdam

hashdam Regular Member

hahah he cant restock. Li Ning is on chinese new year break right now.

20. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Strung the N50 earlier at 30x32, and my "BG65 copy" judgement is hereby suspended...:)

hashdam - I forgot about CNY, and received much the same reply from Winston:D.