My introduction..

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Smichz, Jan 11, 2008.

1. crosscourt

crosscourt Regular Member

Legal
    Hi Schmiz, wow you've done loads of things! It was a great read. Welcome

2. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Hi there crosscourt..thx for ur comment.It's smichz btw..it came from Peter Schmeichel's,the legendary MU goal keeper's name.He is my all time fave goal keeper.But thx anyway!..:)

3. babystar

babystar Regular Member

Student
    really? they are so good at their own sports...
    Th is my favorite ah:D
    but i still couldn't find out what are the similarities btwn soccer n badmntn? :confused:

do u ahve any problem with the word love?
    or should i use hate?
    :p:p:p:p:D:D:D:D:p:p:p:p

4. babystar

babystar Regular Member

Student
    skill comes first then cuteness the second:p

yes, raul is still superb...unfortunately luis aragones cant notice it:(
    beckham should not play LA because MLS is too low compared to other leagues in Europe...that's not the level for him...
    just hope Capello will line him up...

wish u the best too:)

off-topic? sorry

5. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

It's good to hear the word love..:D:D.The thing is that it's not really common used in BC.But good,u started it.:cool:

Haha..the similarity of badminton n soccer is that they both use acquires more foot power.But what i meant was not that.What i meant is that the TH's backhand smash n beckham's bendy free kick n crosses r both something that is not every players can do.They're special,n spectators will always be hungry to see more of it.:D

#25 Smichz, Jan 13, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  6. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    hmmm....why i like arsenal. not really thierry henry because i liked them even when tony adams was playing. i guess i like the style. i just hope the style can translate to winning streaks. hahahaha. the year arsenal won the EPL unbeaten was the best in my mind. now i am hoping they could maybe get the treble like Man U did.

i like raul too. he is cute. but aside from cuteness these players are really good. very skillful. trademark speciality. beckham, roberto carlos, zidane (like dancing in the field), peter schmicheal, henry and many many more. :D

7. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

O..that's cool if u also love peter schmeichel!I adored him,n i were once became a keeper just because of that.Haha..That guy could really fly man!!
    Zidane is a great player as well!!Fast n furious..n yeah..this guy could really "dance" among the defenders.

8. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

It looks our lady warriors have a wide range of interest, including football. I couldn't tell if they played or like to watch :eek:

But a few questions for you since you have been in Ina, Mas, and Chn. (1) What do you think about the education in these countries and which one is better? (2) How about badminton education, training, activities, etc. the things you have encountered in different places? (3) Do you think Chn will hold her lead in badminton or would Mas or Ina will overtake Chn in the future?

Last summer, I played badminton about three times a week in Beijing. First, it was very difficult to find a place to play because many were closed for the construction and repair work for OG 08. Second, it's quite expensive: 50 RMB/hr. Three hours cost 150 RMB plus taxi, spent about $30 each time or more. That seems to keep badminton out of the reach for most of the population.

9. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

For ur first question,i guess that depends on which school/university u're in.
    The most fun would be my days at KL..since that was my high school period..u know how it is.Besides,my school got football field,swimming pool,gym,basketball court in its compound..n i live in its dorm,which enables me to use them all for free,anytime.Since i can't really enjoy that kind of facilities in jakarta.U gotta pay everything..n the school/universities compund r so small,unlike in other countries.Remember,i love sports.:D

2nd question..that's also depends.From what i have encountered..sports in china is a cheap thing.When i was still in beijing..i played badminton in our university,BLCU's court.The rent fee is around 15-20rmb/hour.I played with my friend.That was before i got really into badminton,though.SInce i only played it for fun.I was still more into soccer.

Things changed when i moved to guilin.Since the soccer field is always crowded here,i can't really play it.I got no team,n i don't know anyone.That's what turns me down.Then,i'm looking for a new sport activity.Badminton!The court rental fee in my univ compound is preety cheap.Only around 6 rmb/hour.Then i went for some courses.The coach fee is around 150/mth.3times/week.Just for a month though..then went to another place,with another coach.That time helped me more than the firat time.The same price n schedule.Also for a month.Then,after that,i'm all alone.I trained myself by playing more,n watch more videos of pro players.

The 3rd question,from my inside view,i believe china will hold a bigger chance to still dominate the future of badminton.How they develop new athletes from the juniours n everything..i doubt that they'll lose the domination in the future.Unless other countries really boost up on the development of new athletes..i think it's hard.

Wow..50rmb/hour?Where did u play?That's expensive!U should've played in the universities before.Their courts r much cheaper.Sport is supposedly a cheap thing in china.Include badminton.I dunno,i guess ever since the olympic is decided to be held in beijing,everything in beijing raised its price.

U want cheaper?Come to guilin?Believe me..this place got great players as well.As long as u're not trying to be a pro athlete..n just to be better in badminton..guilin is an option.Guilin got a place which has over than 30 courts in it..n behind it,there's another different place,which has around 20 courts.The rent fee is vary.Everyday,morning,from 6-10,u just have to pay 1 rmb..for that 4 hours.But make sure u come earlier,since it's usually crowded.The normal fee is around 18rmb/hour.But,If u're lucky,u can also play as u wish,for free,in the empty courts,until someone else rent it.:D:D

N there is a club,which got many good players in it.I just joined them not long ago.The place is called 甲天下,n the other one is 康胜。

Now,that's what i called as badminton frenzy!

#29 Smichz, Jan 16, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  10. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

Thanks for the infor and your thoughts. I couldn't image your high school could be that rich with all the facilities one needs. I don't think high schools in China can have that kind money and spaces.

Most universities in Beijing are on the north side and were too far for me to go so I went to the middle of the city called WangFuJin Ave., where there is a gym called DongDan Gym. I had to pay one or two days ahead, otherwise would not be able to get a court by just showing up.

You are much luckier than me with the cheap courts and coaching. Definitely, you will get better faster with help and practice. Mine is more for recreation with no ambitions, which you seem to have plenty :)

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I would somewhat attest to that..

..eventhough i never went to Jr. H.S., H.S. or universities/college in INA, i can attest to Smichz' testimony. In terms of education, i believe M'sia and China are still ahead of INA, with CHN slightly ahead. And depending on the type of studies one chooses, it'll also depend. In INA, if one desires to enjoy the same level of academia as in other countries, one must go to private schools, as govt. sponsored schools are limited in their level/quality of curriculum/studies being offered. But even then, parents who are able to send their children abroad for education, they would prefer to do so than send their children to INAn schools (e.g. most INA students would go to S'pore, Australia, M'sia with the rest flocking to CHN, HK, Taiwan, Europe and the U.S.):cool:
    As for sports in INA, its availability and affordability, i would say, the level is roughly the same as in other surrounding countries. But badminton wise, it's not easy as soccer is still more popular.

#31 ctjcad, Jan 16, 2008
  12. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

Now I remember seeing many SEA students, possibly some from S'pore in US universities before. But sending kids abroad for high school? Never heard before (mainly because I'm not well informed). In US, kids don't leave home until colleges if they chose to go away. Very few send their kids to boarding high schools, let alone abroad. Of course one reason is the financial constrain, but it also appears the kids in SEA countries are more adapted to be independent than those in US :rolleyes:

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

A bit off topic-It depends..

1) Yes, not many parents from those SEA countries send their kids pre-college. But, yes, there are some who do.
    2) Not all kids in SEA countries are able to adapt to be independent than those in the U.S. In fact, some of those kids, from the SEA countries, who go to schools abroad, tend to come from "wealthy" family. Which means, they would have grown up with maids, drivers, cooks, helpers to help them around. So, them being totally independent might not be the case. However, there are a few who can be independent on their own. As long as their daddys are able to keep sending them monies abroad, they'll be happy.;)

#33 ctjcad, Jan 16, 2008
  14. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

Thanks for the clarity. It's understandable that students with money would have less problem adapting.

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

A bit off topic-Less problem adapting..

..but not necessarily more independent...In fact, some if not most of them will go back to their respective countries to the same "comfortable" living/environment as before they went abroad..:p

16. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

For whatever the reason, they have a legitimate argument for going back: to take care family business. Nothing can beat that :rolleyes:

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm, wonder..

..if our Smichz will go back to INA, once he finishes his study in CHN...Maybe to take care of some.....badminton-related "business"?? :confused: :rolleyes: ;)

18. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

Even better, let's hope he will win badminton titles for Ina and bring more prestige to the sports for all baddy lovers. Is he too old for that :confused::D

19. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Haha..my badminton age is too young to fight for national team man!Haha..it's ok if i can't join national team..at least i can win lots of badminton matches,against good players in my life..i am satisfied.:D

20. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Haha...that's one of my dream.I'd love to do a badminton-related business one day.Hopefully later we can all coorporate in the business anytime in future.:D:D