Malaysian Juniors 2010

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by gemini12, Dec 13, 2009.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    xd
    maggie lim/nelson or shevon lai/nelson will be our 1st xd next year
    they might not be as good as ow/lai but they are good enough to compete with country like ina and korea(but not china:()

well
    expect atleast a bronze from ow/lai in wjc

wish lai pei jing have a speedy recover:)

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    speaking about wjc
    my expectation is
    atleast a silver in team event

2 medal in ms
    1 medal in ws
    2 medal in md
    1 medal in either xd or wd

which mean the best outing for malaysia in wjc:)
    we will only have 12 player/pair in wjc:)

3. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

hopefully you are right.

but i always feel that WJC is a different playing field.
    This time i hope the Girls will shine in Mexico.

Hopefully there is a first for the girls so that BAM will pay attention to the girls in future.

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    the more success we have in junior
    will let us understand that those who know coaching is in bjss and some who only know play politic is in bam;)

5. Cheng Yuan

Cheng Yuan Regular Member

-
    I thk Loh Wei Sheng wil hv tough matches in world junior.........tis is due to our opponent strted 2 analysis his game......

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Wei Sheng blows chance to make history

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/3/29/sports/5953404&sec=sports

“I am a bit down for missing this chance to win a title for Malaysia. I tried...,” said a dejected Wei Sheng. “The turning point was in the second game. He suddenly changed the speed of the game when I was leading and that broke my rhythm.

“It was difficult to stop him once he was more confident of his game. I played well but there were some silly mistakes too.”

However, Wei Sheng said that his breakthrough performances in the Asian Juniors had given him a lot of confidence.

“Now I have the self-belief that I can go far in my career. I will prepare hard. I want to go to the final and win the title for Malaysia at the World Junior Championships (in Mexico next month),” he said.

Bukit Jalil Sports School (BJSS) singles coach Wong Tat Meng said that having to watch his player lose after coming so close was painful.

“Wei Sheng was leading in the second game. Probably due to the lack of experience and the lack of tournaments, he was unable to hold off his opponent,” said Tat Meng.

“It is difficult to take the defeat in this manner but I know that Wei Sheng gave his all today. He gave away some easy points like sending the service to the net twice. But we will work on this.

“I am happy that the outing here has given him a lot of confidence.

“He had no good result to show previously. Now he has to learn to have better match temperament and this will help him raise his level of play at the World Juniors.”

==========================================================

Loh let Asian crown go

"I am so disappointed. I nailed him to the wall in the first game and was on the verge of winning the second. However, Huang changed his pace and I could not do anything," said a visibly disappointed Wei Sheng yesterday.

"It was hard to stop him from winning the title as his confidence was on the high in the third game. It was not due to pressure as my opponent just played better."

Wei Sheng, however, said he was satisfied with his performance in the tournament.

"Prior to this tournamen, I was not making an impact at all in tournaments.

"I hope my performance here will be the start to a better badminton career," added the 18-year-old.

"He played a great game but his opponent played better. However, I hope he will build from this fine performance to make an impact in future tournaments," said Tat Meng, adding that he did not expect Wei Sheng to reach the singles final as the player was not doing well in training prior to the event.

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/klroro/Article/index_html

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Yao Han runs out of strength in boys’ doubles final

The 18-year-old Yao Han, who had been playing in both the boys’ doubles and mixed doubles throughout the team and individual events, said that he did not let the pain in his arm bother him.

“It has been rather sore because of too much smashing. I put a pack of ice to ease the pain after every match,” he said.

He added that their failure to become the fifth Malaysian pair to win the title since the tournament’s inception in 1997 was due to their porous defence.

“We allowed the Koreans too much space to attack. We should have tightened up the game. On top of that, our defence was not solid. This is an area that we have to work on if we want to do well at the World Juniors,” said Yao Han.

The Bukit Jalil Sports School (BJSS) doubles coach Yap Kim Hock said that the boys lost due to poor strategy.

“Their standard is about the same. In fact, Yao Han-Hong Kheng got off to a good start and led 12-9. Then, they slowed down the game and failed to put any pressure on the Koreans,” he said.

Team manager How Kim Tho said: “We want to be positive despite not winning any titles in this junior meet. It is now time for the players to work on their weaknesses and give better performances in the World Juniors.

“Yao Han lost in the Asian tournament last year but he bounced back to win the world title. We hope the others in the team will show the same spirit.”

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/3/29/sports/5953482&sec=sports

==========================================================

Just an Ow-ful day for Yao Han

"Looks like I am not destined to win a title in the Asian junior meet. I did well to advance to two finals but I failed to lift even one," said Yao Han at Juara Stadium in Bukit Jalil yesterday.

"Yes, I am angry with myself as I know I am one of the better junior doubles players in the tournament.

" I am not thinking so much about the mixed doubles as my partner Pei Jing decided on not playing because of injury.

"I am just disappointed with my performance in the doubles. I just did not play well enough."

In yesterday's title match, Yao Han-Hong Kheng started on a promising note and led 14-10 at one stage of the first game.

However, a series of mistakes allowed the Korean pair to pull level before going on to win.

Yao Han-Hong Kheng were in disarray after losing the opener and could not do much in the second as Ji Wook-Seung Il easily nailed the title.

"We both made too many mistakes. We were better in the first game but were too hasty in the second. We will need to improve on our speed and attacking game ahead of next month's World Junior Championship," added Yao Han.

National junior doubles coach Yap Kim Hock said Yao Han-Hong Kheng were slow to react in crucial stages of the match.

"They just had a bad day. I don't see this as a failure as anything can happen in a final," said Kim Hock.

"Yao Han-Hong Kheng were doing a lot of things on court but they did not have the strength to pressure their opponents." -- AJITPAL SINGH

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/mle2jpoe2jie/Article/index_html

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Swollen ankle forces Pei Jing to concede a walkover

But yester day, the pain was unbear able and the 18-year-old was disappointed with the turn of events.

“The ankle was swollen last night. It got me worried. Today, I insisted I wanted to give it a shot but the pain did not go away.

“I was limping and I knew I had to concede this match to the Chinese,” said Pei Jing.

“Fortunately, my partner was understanding. Overall, it has been a good outing, considering that I made it to the final for the first time.”

Pei Jing hoped that she would be in better condition for the world junior championships, which will be held in Mexico from April 16-25.

“This is the second time that I have been floored with an ankle injury. I had to take a one-month break when it happened the last time during training. I will be more careful,” she said.

“I want to make it to the final at the World Juniors. And it will be great if I get a chance to play against the China pair again. I want to win this time.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/3/29/sports/5953179&sec=sports

wish u a speedy recover and train harder ya

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Mixed fortunes for Malaysia but Loh finally comes of age

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/3/30/sports/5958520&sec=sports

“It is sad to lose after coming so close. We had the best chance to nail the boys’ singles title but it still slipped through our hands. We have the talent but they lack the tournament exposure,” he said.
    “However, the players have grown in confidence. This is one of the positive traits that I see in them.
    “We will begin our centralised training for the World Juniors this week. I still believe that this team have a good chance to win in Mexico.”

===========================================================
    Wei Sheng, Yao Han shine

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/ooreolf/Article/index_html

Tat Meng hopes Wei Sheng will not be a one-tournament wonder.

"He did not do well prior to the Asian junior meet. I hope he will continue to make progress. He is on the right track now but should work harder," he said.

At the Asian junior meet, Yao Han did well to reach the final of the doubles with Yew Hong Kheng and the mixed doubles with Lai Pei Jing.

"It was just hard luck that he lost both the finals. He just did not play well enough when it mattered. However, he did well by reaching two finals," said Kim Hock.

Kim Hock, however, stressed that the national junior team would have done better in the Asian meet if they had more experience.

"It is fine if there is no budget for the juniors to play outside the country but at least consider them for local club-level events throughout the year," said Kim Hock.

"Players cannot go far without exposure. It is a suggestion that BAM should consider seriously."

wise people always think alike^^:D

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  11. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Hopefully Ow/Yew would not repeat their finalist performance in Asian Junior Championships and actually win this time. Yew Hong Kheng needs a gold! :(

#91 undeadshot, Apr 3, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  12. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

i think the attention should be Zulfaldi and Yang Li Lian as they are trying to qualify for Olympics Youth

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

IMHO, you expect too much from the MAS Juniors (at least a Silver???)

Hmmm....

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    is it?
    our ajc runner up for xd doesnt play;)
    and sonia still doesnt settle her problem
    dont worry for malaysia junior team
    malaysia doesnt field
    ajc xd runner up
    ajc ms bronze medalist
    ajc ws quater finalist
    ajc md runner up
    ajc wd bronze medalist
    let see how ina 1st team(minus evert and ws quater finalist) perform against mas 2nd team;)

17. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

If Ow Yao Han/Yew Hong Kheng can repeat their performance in the team event where they beat Denmark MD and Korea MD, they have a real shot at the World Junior Championship MD title, which is what they already aimed for, I guess.
    Zulfadli has a chance, too bad for injured Wei Sheng :( Otherwise he would have a chance too.
    Sonia still cannot...she cannot overcome Suo Di...
    Forget WD.
    XD got chance, if Ow not too tired and Lai Pei Jing totally recover

18. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Pssst, Msia line up more like 3rd or 4th team,or rather next year's AJC/WJC team :
    XD = Shevon/Nelson Heg
    WS = Yang Li Lian
    MS = Azriyn
    MD = Nelson Heg/Teo EY
    WD = Shevon/Yang LL

Lai PJ ill, automatic not in. No Ow/Yew, Zulfaldi, Loh WS, Sonia. I even forgot Msia brought a 3rd MS.
    I would have prefered if they fielded Shevon/Nelson in the tie vs Korea.
    Coaches looks like experimenting here & there after LPJ fell sick.;)

#98 eaglehelang, Apr 19, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yeah
    they indeed should field shevon/nelson in semi
    anyway
    badmania say not ina 1st team
    so let it be a 3rd team vs 3rd team;)
    tew gee chong is here too;)

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Malaysia's plan backfires

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/eojpejpoe_opk/Article/index_html

Pei Jing's absence from the semi-finals was because she had aggravated an ankle injury

:rolleyes:
    try to fool us?:rolleyes:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pei Jing’s misfortune costs Malaysia place in the final

“She had felt nauseous after the quarter-final tie against Denmark (on Saturday). She was taken to the hospital and admitted for low blood pressure and hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar). She had to be under observation for a day before she was sent back to the hotel,” said Kim Tho.
    “She could not play against South Korea. The outcome could have been different if Pei Jing had played.”

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/4/20/sports/6089126&sec=sports