How good are you?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Kariya, Oct 28, 2002.

?

How many tournaments have you won your whole life?

1. I don't play in tournaments

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1 to 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 6 to 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 10-20

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 20+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I've won so many i've lost count

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Many guys are so proud of their achievements

:D:D:D It's because many BCers are so proud of their own achievements. :D:D:D

2. chrisnchips

chrisnchips Regular Member

Student
    ^ lol

as for how good I think I am...? iono, I kinda have a broad range for defining the ABCD levels

I've considered myself in D level so long now that I'm not sure when/if I can call myself C level at all. lol.... i guess I can try out a C level flight in the next tourney... :p ne one wanna help pay for my recovery from the big hurt imma receive? :D

3. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I have decided to take part in some of the "minor" competitions as I am getting a bit fed up of getting to only the first or second rounds of the natinal tournaments also as they are about 50miles from my home it doesn't help
    So I am going to try and win these smaller tournaments and still take part in the "bigger" tournaments I.e yonex sponsored ones when they are closer to my house and not on the same day as these other ones

4. dorysan

dorysan Regular Member

1st place X1
    second place X3
    3th place X6

5. GameGod

GameGod Regular Member

None
    For tournaments in my club (which has a lot of players, I mean about 7,000), I have never come first in my life - in fact, I've only ever come 3rd once. My results are as follows (my Club Ranking on Ability For Age is 18th, but I am ranked 7th for my Age Group and below).

Whole Club Tournament (i.e. U18)

Rank 36: x1
    Rank 37: x1
    Rank 39: x8
    Rank 40: x6
    Rank 41: x7

My Age Group Tournament

Silver Medalist: x2
    Bronze Medalist: x5
    Semi-Finals: x11 (was once knocked out by an astonishingly precocious boy who was 6 years younger than me)
    Quarter-Finals: x21

6. dorysan

dorysan Regular Member

wow...we don't have 7000 players in the whole country...

7. uzair

uzair Regular Member

Government Worker
    hoh shitt..i even don't belong any level..poor me..:crying:

8. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    the number of trophy earned does not determine how good you are. If I wanted to, I could enter myself to a few small district tounreys next months and bag myself 4-5 trophies, but whats the fun in that ? it is not challenging and hardly motivating ? and does that make me a better player with 4-5 more meaningless trophies.

9. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Graded tournaments are organised for players to be motivated for BIGGER challenges

It's good that you think like that. :):):)

The graded tournaments are organised for players to be motivated for BIGGER challenges as they become better.

Let's look at our National players. After having won some Future Series tournaments, they should try to win some International Series tournaments. And after having won some, they should move up to the International Challenge tournaments, then to Grand Prix. Then moving up to Grand Prix Gold and finally arriving at the Super Series tournaments.
    Click HERE for the BWF Tournament Levels

It would be meaningless for Lee Chong Wei or Lin Dan to still participate in International Series tournaments. On the other hand, it would be too ambitious for players who couldn't win at Future Series tournaments to try Grand Prix (probably they would not get through at the Qualifying Rounds).

Local graded tournaments are organised for players to monitor their progress as their skill levels become better. It is meaningless for a player to forever staying in a grade where he/she has won many trophies.

10. elvinteh

elvinteh Regular Member

factory
    In the place i train, i belong to the weak team.:D I am the first batch of student. Even though the coach is my father:D, and my father has built so many champion until today and i only get one group champion in primary school.
    Until today, my father has send so many of his champion into Malaysia team but until today just left 2 player which is Lee Chong Wei ( world no.1 man single ) and Chin Ee Hui ( Malaysia best woman double player ). and 6 more youngster inside there training.
    Even though my father is a great coach and i did not show any result but i din't feel anything cause some of father is very difficult to teach their own son. no patient....... :D:D.

11. kelekele01

kelekele01 Regular Member

I agree with you ......

12. mchan065

mchan065 Regular Member

Hoping to enter my first tournament in April 2010. Will probably play both Men's singles and doubles (B grade).

13. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    I don't know how good i am compared to every1 else but i like to think am decent.

This is my time for tourneys now. Last year, got to the finals of (minor a) singles and this year I got to semis of a (minor B) mixed. Going to win few of them :D:p this season!!

14. Ryder Blade

Ryder Blade Regular Member

Student
    Yay! I'm not the only one who has picked the option "I don't play in tournaments" xD

15. Crimz

Crimz Regular Member

students
    0. I cant beat the National Players =(

16. charliebadders

charliebadders Regular Member

student
    its hard to say how good you are compared to you guys because people were saying they won school tourament, well i'm the only one in the school that actually plays, we try to play other schools and struggle to get 4 players. also, there may only be about 4 tournaments a season and thats if i even get told about them. also, because there is never any tournaments around here when there is all the players around here play so the best i've ever got is the finals but i didn't get a trophy, been to the semi's once, but ive only ever been to 4 tourni's.

17. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    I tried to win at least once a year to keep the competitiveness. Good to have targets. It'll help you to improve. Pump it up dude. ;)

18. charliebadders

charliebadders Regular Member

student
    thats my aim for this season, win a tourni :) just as long as a win a trophy because after 3 years still haven't got one :( where i have a whole trophy case full of football and running trophies ad i only played them for a little while, but you have more opputunities to win :p

19. Trmun

Trmun Regular Member

I didn't win a tournament match for the first 3 years I played - then I won my first match, my first group and my first tournament at the same regional tournament. Just hang in there, keep practicing and you'll get there!

20. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    Got runner up in my first bonanza tournament today on the affiliated (league) side... so tiring but its my first result trophy in my 19 months of playing.
    key is to work hard ;)