Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Hey guys.

I've recently bought a N50-II. It already got the first paint chips on the first day!!!
    I think mishits (some shuttles to the frame instead of strings) are the possible causes.
    But can this really be true?!?!?! I did a lot of mishits with all my other rackets in the past. But the paintchips are very minor to nothing.

Is it possible that the new batches are made with worse paint quality?

I didn't watch it closer because I was so annoyed. But I have to take closer look after getting it back since it's not in my bag actually. But with the first impressions I'd say it wasn't an usual paint "chip"... It didn't like look like there was something chipped off. I'd say the colour fade off (to black!)...
    I'll report in the next few days for sure...

2. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

I have a N50-II and other LN's and I've had mishits on them and can say the paint doesn't chip on mishits... Granted my N50-II was one of the early batch with the old logos but my newer rackets N10, N36 and N80 doesn't chip as well... Unless you smash like sir dink I don't think you'd be able to chip the paint off that easily....

3. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Thanks for reply. Today I'm going to have a further look at my new N50-II. No, my Smashes aren't that good / constant yet. But my mishits are very constant *lol* :D

May I ask you where did you get N10 from?

4. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I also would not think mishit could easily result in paintchips, on top of that your other rackets are fine. Maybe the paint chip occurs when stringing.

Don't hold yourself too much :D

5. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Hi j4ckie, I'm currently looking for a new racket and the options are N90, N90ii, BS LYD and MX London. I know those four rackets are damn good but he only one I have tried to play is BS LYD.
    For a reference, I've had one MX80 3u which I sold after two months as I couldn't really handle the stiffness of it and somehow I found that I was struggling for so many times just to do net lifts towards the opponent's baseline as opposed to when did using my Arc 10 Premium.

Have you ever compared the N90 and N90ii with MX80 in terms of stiffness and head-heaviness ?

#1905 quixilver, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  6. arunkumar2111

arunkumar2111 New Member

Student
    Hi Everyone Got a new one AREOFLO 2004. Its awesome :)

7. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

I have to say that N50-II is a great racket. Very easy to handle. It's quick and got enough head heaviness for my taste.
    It's noticable less head heavy than N55, but it's easier to play too. Especially in doubles.

Strung with BG80 and 11Kg. I'm still not sure if its the right string for this racket. I'm thinking about VS850 or BG66UM or ZM65.

I'm wondering how it would perform against the old N50.

8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

BG80 and VS850 are very similar, but the BG80 holds the tension noticeably better. I don't think a change between the two will really have a big impact.
    Compared to my usual rackets, the N50II is rather slow, so I like thicker strings on it (as they have a more solid feel and slightly longer contact than thinner strings, which complements the solid feel and slower swing of the N50II). Atm, I have mine strung with a somewhat old 35lbs BG65Ti/BG65 and the other with a 30lbs ZM65. Both setups are rather repulsive and I can play well with either of them, but as the racket is pretty soft and a bit on the slow side my control suffers rather heavily on hard smashes (to the point where I'm not really able to keep a down-the-line smash in singles in consistently).

It's a bit head heavier than the N50, which makes the first gen slightly quicker and more comfortable for doubles (for me). Stiffness and weight are very very similar.

9. jayyt

jayyt Regular Member

Hi, I went to Queensway Shopping Centre today, and the guy at Hello Sports recommended a new Li Ning racket, G-Force 350. He said it's a new model. I bought it at 120SGD. I saw the racket at Chau Beng also. However, when I came back, I searched the net for this model, and I don't see it anywhere! Is it so new that it's not on the internet? I doubt so....

Does this racket exist or have I been duped?

10. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Could you take a photo of the racket?

11. jayyt

jayyt Regular Member

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG photo 5.JPG

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

It's quite possible they haven't put it on their website - happens with a few rackets. There are a lot of shops here still offering the whole Bravesword range, yet on the Victor International website you'll only find the 12, LYD and 11. Meteor series is even worse, they only have the JJS on there although you can get the 60, 70, 80 as well.

Anyhow, don't worry too much - if the decals are symmetric and the racket quality is good (grommets, overall finish quality,....) it's very unlikely you got a fake.

13. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Yeah... Looks like a good quality racket, though the logo cap photo will do more help to confirm.

14. jayyt

jayyt Regular Member

photo.JPG

you mean this one?? i forgot to upload this...

15. sekharsomu

sekharsomu New Member

Software Engg
    Hi,

i am beginner i am looking to buy a racquet i have made a post in the racquet section but didn't get the answer yet

finally i am squaring of to

linings uc3920 ---($64)

or
    voltrics 5 ---($54)

Some one advise to start with a heavy head..i am very begineer prior to this i played with a $20 racquet

Please help me in making the choice

16. BengGuan

BengGuan Regular Member

Stringer
    Li Ning N7 and N9 will be launched at July 2013, guess who will be endorsed player for those rackets ?
    So many rackets will be release at July 2013, N90III, N50III ( Gold, Purple ), N55III ( Silver, Purple ) and so many else. Also have AYAH009-1 ( Hero II ).

17. leeforspeed

leeforspeed Regular Member

18. jamaljenkins

jamaljenkins Regular Member

Student.
    Gold purple N50III..... I'm done. And Fu/Cai finally move away from Kason? But the N7 and N9 would still be heaps more expensive than C7 and F9 though...

19. tharakesh

tharakesh Regular Member

Guys I'm in Dubai. where can I buy or order online Li ning woods 90 ii?

20. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Mybadmintonstore.com has it and international shipping.