APACS review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by IBaddersI, May 23, 2008.

1. what07

what07 Regular Member

Was playing with my Apacs racquets that I just bought off a badminton central user. Decided to write a review. I was probably comparing them to my Arc10 and AT900P since those are my main racquets.

1. Nano Power 900 White [BG-80 25lbs]
    Nothing feels so fast and accurate. I lost some of my smash power but I don't mind because it swings so quick and where I want it to go. The racquet also looks pretty nice and provides excellent net kills, drop shots, over the net taps. Excellent for defense and I can still clear from base line to base line and even to the point where the shuttle gets outta bounds.

2. Nano PRO 9600 Tour [BG-80 25lbs]
    This feels more like an all around racquet in my hand. Feels about the same weight as my AT900P but lacks the punch. However defense makes up for it's power lost. My friend who played a nano speed 9000s says it feels almost identical!!!

3. EdgeSaber10 [BG-80 25lbs]
    In comparison with my Arc10 they look identical. Both are strung about the same tension and same string. The Edgesaber I prefer more because it feels lighter and quicker which I like. But the ARC has more power which I kinda miss in my smashes. Both racquets perform the same in other areas of play.

Gonna use them for tryout tormarrow.

2. Gold-

Gold- Regular Member

-
    does the nano speed vibration cause elbow pain when it is been hitted hard like during smashing and clear

3. pussiii999

pussiii999 Regular Member

chef
    At times i don't know is it my feeling but there are times i feel that the VH is a bit stiffer than 95 ...... but you can feel more of the head when you swing..... more momentum .....

AT 900 t - For me the feel is like VH but stiffer and i can feel vibration .....so after 1 game i don't like the feel and i just don't think about it anymore ....

Actually alll i can say is that buy a racket is like having a Girl Friend
    the diff is that you can try racket but not GF .....
    No matter what people say how good a racket is , if in your hand it just don't like the feel then the racket is no use ..... unless you are in the highest level in the Badminton world ......

4. weinsteinium

weinsteinium Regular Member

I have an AMP90 and a VH1800 so it's a slightly different comparison but I feel that the AMP90 is WAY more demanding than the VH1800. And I'm not up to the task. I just can't get full power out of the AMP90. Maybe it's the stiffness, I'm not sure but I find that I have to really work to get a hard smash or to get a full court clear when I'm slightly out of position. And after playing a few games I can feel that I'm getting tired and the power of my hits goes down.

I've only played with the VH1800 once so far and it was a short day so I can't talk about whether I get as tired but it was definitely easy to get the power. My smashes and clears were crisp and powerful and my drops felt like they had lots of touch. I didn't feel the Visible Hollow effect very much (I haven't played with any of the other VH racquets but people describe the effect as being quite noticable) but that's fine, it's a great racquet with really nice power and I didn't feel that my defense or manuverability suffered.

5. pussiii999

chef
    I have a feeling 90 is different from 95 ..... just my feel .....
    My 95 is my racket now and i am just loving .... power is a total awsome and some time too much power at 28 lbs ..... will try a 30 lbs for my new one ...

BTW i have 3 x 95 and 1 x 1800

6. weinsteinium

weinsteinium Regular Member

I'm not saying that he AMP90 has no power, I'm just saying that it requires more out of the user to get that power. A flexible racquet is really easy to get power from but for a powerful player won't be able to get their max power.

The AMP90 was too stiff for me and the VH1800 is definitely less stiff than the AMP90. I'm suggesting that's why you can get power out of the VH1800 even when you are tired :)

7. pussiii999

chef
    Ohhhhh yes yes of course ...... these days i really seldom touch my1800 but i got it at a bargain ...... 70 aud ... i know my 1800 is much less stiff than my 95 that is why it became my super tired racket .....

8. yanzhi0714

yanzhi0714 Regular Member

Student
    hello~ pussiii999 where did u buy ur 1800 from? 70aud sounds really like a bargain :D

9. logicalguy

logicalguy Regular Member

hey has anyone played with the new lethal 60 yet? What is it like?? and how much did u pay for it??

10. yanzhi0714

Student
    me too wanna know bout the new lethal 60~ hohoho~

and i played with my vh1800 for 3 games....getting stronger now....
    need relatively stiff arm and elbow to get strong shots....compared to apacs clones....
    maybe i played weakly in the past :p and din know that there's this "Stiff" arm thing needed...for power...

11. hoiboy79

hoiboy79 Regular Member

12. trickflick

trickflick Regular Member

HS
    im interested in a review on the lethal 60 too lol

i see that it's better looking than the lethal 50..
    i hope its better performing too

13. granzon2

granzon2 Regular Member

do some one as try the tantrium 160 international and have something to say about it? i see alot of review of the tantrum 200 but none of the other tantrum

14. pussiii999

chef

My bad yanzhi0714 for late reply ...... i bought it at JTultra few months ago ... it was on sale .....

15. yanzhi0714

Student
    thanks~ pussiii999~ i bought one like 1 month ago too~

16. 77suns

77suns Regular Member

-
    Furious 665

4UG5 - BP290 - L675

I have got this racket prior to seeing review for 663. The main difference between the 2 is 665 is more heavy head but very slightly only. This might be due to lighter lead tape attached below the original grip.Design of the 2 racket is exactly the same so they might be the same racket.

The original grip is too thin for me so i used Karakal super grip and works really well, bringing the BP down to 285. Racket has been strung for 27lbs and later 30lbs with bg85 and it play really well at high tension(dont' be afraid add 3 more lbs to your usual 3U racket tension for this softer frame).

This racket hits like a lighter ti10, maneuver faster than NS9000 and explode loud on smash! It is as stiff as NS9000S only.Most excellent for beginner/ladies to advance player (using balanced racket). No doubt this is a double attacking racket.

But if you are those intermediate heavy smasher using bigger swing to generate power avoid this racket! It is most suitable for shorter and faster swing style.

In short this is a light fast attacking racket with great feel. I am going to test it in higher tension tomorrow :D

Power: 4/5
    Control: 4.5/5
    Feel: 5/5
    Maneuverability: 4/5

17. shahreszan

shahreszan New Member

Senior Ofiicer
    has anyone tried PRO FURIOUS 2000? can give comment and review?:cool:

18. Erique

Erique Regular Member

I have a pro furious 2000 for about 6 months now. It is not an easy racket to use due to its stiffness of the shaft. When I swing the racket I feel the frame not as fast as my other rackets like Ti-10, NS 7000, or Woven 7. Probably the ridge along the inside frame at 9 and 3 o'clock position. After changing several strings like BG 66, BG 80, and Ti-spider at 28 lbs finally I got the suitable string for this racket which is YY BG 85. With other string I can't generate enough repulsion but with BG 85 and probably with Nanogy 95 or 98 I can get good repulsion/power, better feel and control from this stiff racket. Good things about this racket is its durability and cosmetics, if you like a stiff shaft racket it is a racket of choice.
    If you want a more friendly Apacs racket which is good for all around I recommend the lethal 50, or maybe the newer lethal 60.

#118 Erique, May 30, 2009
    Last edited: May 30, 2009
  19. Apacs UK

Apacs UK Regular Member

Apacs In Europe

Hi guys,

to all Apacs fans in Europe and Malaysia Apacs UK will post direct for no extra postage charge than a UK customer.

This means a long with the cheapest Apacs rackets in the UK delivery to European countries and Malaysia is a staggering £4.50!

We have over 20 different rackets including the much sought after Lethal 60 and Tantrum 160 International.

If you have any questions please go to apacsuk.co.uk and contact us there or send us a message

Kind Regards

Jon

20. ScorpioRed

ScorpioRed Regular Member

Hi APACS fans,

when not talking about written parameters, the ones of you who tried Tantrum 160 and Tantrum 200, what is your personal feeling from both rackets and the main differences which would make you go for 160 or 200? Thanks