Yonex Voltric 80 ( VT80 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fiq_axis, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Xero888

Xero888 Regular Member

How does the VT80 compare to N90 and AT900P?

2. :renegade:

:renegade: Regular Member

Hock Eng Bangi offer me RM559 (Racket only). I strung with BG66 Ultimax and it all cost me around RM 592.90.

3. :renegade:

Yeah, I also heard that BG80 is recommanded for higher lbs. Then u got the best performance.

4. mail43249

mail43249 Regular Member

I know. Thats why I am mocking with such marketing names. LOL

5. sing8dan

sing8dan Regular Member

Questions VT70 vs VT80?
    Wich one has a faster swing, less drag, get less tired ?
    Thx

6. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

I finally have the VT80 too! I've tested it with a bunch of other rackets, so my impressions are not very clear. Hope to play only with the Voltric 80 and Armortec 700 to compare. Also received the Victor SW35 and the BS10 and 11 yesterday, so had a lot of fun.

First of all, the VT80 was a 4U-G4 model strung with BG65 at about 10 kg. Sad to tell that this is pretty normal for rackets delivered in The Netherlands. I would have preferred another type of string and a higher tension. I've tried to compare this racket with the VT70 3U-G4 which was strung with BG80@23LBS. Surprisingly the VT70 felt lighter and maneuverability was faster with the VT70 at 3U! But the power of the VT80 strung with lesser string and tension was better! Also notice that the frame of the VT80 was thicker than the VT70. Also played with the AT900P and the AT700 at 4U-G4 (can you understand why the impressions were a little fuzzy), but I have to admit that the Voltric series are really an improvement over the Armortec series. They were easier to manage, generate more power and the feeling was more solid. I had problems with the timing of the Arcsaber Z-Slash, but not with the Voltrics. The frame is aerodynamic compared to the boxed shape Armortecs, so they also generate less resistance. In terms of speed, the Nanospeeds are still faster in defense.

I hate to admit it, but the Voltric series is a new generation racket that make all my current rackets feel old. I try to get my hands on a Victor Meteor MX80 and hope it is on par or even exceed the Voltric 80. Please note that this is still my own experience as a first encounter with the Voltric 80 that I want to share with you all. I don’t think the Voltric 80 is for everyone, just like the Armortec 700 and the Li Ning N90 (II).

7. mail43249

mail43249 Regular Member

Hi,

Is the Voltric vt80 easier to swing compared to the At900p? Which has a heavier head? Thanks

8. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    good deal..now the price is about that range rm560-rm599....

9. CarbonexFan

Let's put it this way. The VT80 is easier to swing because there is less resistance, but to accelerate is, it's much heavier. So the reaction of the VT80 is slower compared to the AT900P. Hope it helps.

10. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    agreed :D sumtime VT80 feel too heavy & slower me a lil bit in that sense.

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    while i didn't have a AT900P to A/B compare, i do feel that VT80 is not a fast racket. it is good for heavy smashes at the back court when there are more time. but for fast drives and defense in doubles, it feels too heavy for us mortals.

12. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

You suppose it's more like AT700ish:cool: but I bit lacking on the power side because it's more forgiving?

13. jokarenshum

jokarenshum Regular Member

I feel the same. Whenever I am not at top of my fitness, say a little fatique, it feels extremely heavy and I feel slow myself. ;o

14. Racqman

Racqman Regular Member

Looks like many people dont like to use head heavy VT80 due to tiring after long hours or slow swing.

To me, i always use head heavy racquet, VT80 just suite my style of playing, no matter single or double match.

I played basketball more often previously, need to do body building and power training cos a lot of physical body contact with opponent during the tournament.

When using head light racquet, i always got timing prob, my swing too fast, no matter offence or defence.

Bought VT80 for week, 2 games, each 2 1/2 hours. Not tiring actually and not heavy as i think, maybe i'm still young 30++, wrist power still strong :>

Wonderful smash weapon, drop shot seems more maneuverable.

Now getting more interested day by day playing badminton.

15. danilo5753

danilo5753 Regular Member

IT Executive
    I going to buy a VT70 tonight , not sure how much its differ from VT80 ~ hmm...

16. jump-smash

jump-smash Regular Member

Sales Manager
    IMHO VT70, VT80, AT700, AT800 Off, AT900 Pow
    they are almost the same
    head heavy (BP 300 mm ++)
    and stiff ~ extra stiff shaft
    from what I've written on my note book
    AT900P BP 307 mm / stiff
    VT80 BP 305 mm / stiff
    VT70 BP 303 mm / medium stiff

#596 jump-smash, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  17. danilo5753

danilo5753 Regular Member

IT Executive
    Oh thanks~ I suppose both also about the same right ? I am using a medium stiff racquet now also..
    Hopefully this VT70 won't make me down :p Let me post some review once I've tried it out.

18. CarbonexFan

I'm used to 2U Carbonex rackets and it's obvious that's heavy for todays standards. A lot use 3U as standard. To point out how heavy this racket is, it feels more heavy as 4U compared to a VT70 at 3U. So if you don't like head heavy rackets, try a 4U. You'll see that it is not that hard to handle and it is a good balance between power and defense. I would rate the VT70 more suitable for doubles (like the AT900's) and the VT80 more a singles racket (AT700) where you have a little more time. So pick your racket.

#598 CarbonexFan, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  19. ieim_17

ieim_17 Regular Member

Student
    I beg to differ about VT70 and VT80.........while their BP is almost similar, VT80 feels a lot more head-heavy. i guess the dispersion of the weight is more towards the top of the frame and as a result, it feels more head-heavy.

for VT70, it doesnt feel very head-heavy to me.......probably because of the slim frame, which make it feels faster than VT80.

20. :renegade:

Hai all,
    I not used to give a review about racket coz I’m not an advanced player. Just an average player who played 2 hour session twice a week. i follow this thread since it started. Here i just want to share my experience playing with VT80 4UG5 strung with BG66 Ultimax 24 lbs. Currently i owned ARMORTEC 70 MEGA G2 (aka my wining racket) and Apacs Feather Weight 200 (bought this racket coz want to improve my defence but it give me problem to clear and smash coz it too light). One would ask why i want to upgrade from AT70 which is for beginer/intermidiate to such a good racket and meant for advanced player (like kwun said that "Beginners really shouldn’t get anywhere near this racket as it is too demanding"). The reason is simply coz i got the money, it got good review from u guys and want to owned a racket that LCW used to win all england 2011 :). Just played with it yesterday and i noticed that i feel really tired after 2 games and the racket feel heavy. Before i bought it, i measure the weight which is 83gram and compare with VT70 3U which is 88gram. My AT70 also 3U but it feels lighter. It feel like i got huge power in my hand but i cannot deliver it. Maybe because of the stiffness of the shaft. But my backhand is improving. Surprisingly some of my backhand clear is out at the back of the court.
    Maybe i should play more hours with this racket to get used to it. I think, it is a challenge for an average player like me to tame this beast.