racket recommendation for attacking and all round play

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by zamri_zaini, Oct 13, 2013.

1. zamri_zaini

zamri_zaini New Member

Hi.. newbie here currently in msia. Need suggestion/recommendation on the best apacs racket that i can buy for attacking and all round play. Plan to buy to racket, one for attacking and one for all round play. Suggestion please..

2. yeahehehehe

yeahehehehe Regular Member

I really dont know much about apacs rackets but try voltric 7 . You wont be really needing high end rackets ASAP because you said youre new....

3. zamri_zaini

zamri_zaini New Member

I said that i was new in this forum. I just started again to play badminton for the past 6 months. I left it about 10 years. Is the voltric 7 good for both attacking and all round play?

4. yeahehehehe

yeahehehehe Regular Member

Quite good , i havent really tried it full time .One good is the Muscle Power 22 , just plainly fantastic , its better suited for attacking , playing with it and loving it. And lol , every new generation racket is suited for all around play . So that we can give you better choices , pls give us more of your info , height , wrist strength , what do you like from a racket , what type of racket suits you most , etc ........

Try to search some rackets in the internet , then give us some of your choices , we ll try to say something about it

#4 yeahehehehe, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  5. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    vt7 or any voltric series rackets are head heavy, so mainly for attacking plays. of course if someone is good, he can have good defense with the racket as well. i don't know how long you've been playing before your long break, but if you are an experience beginner or have just entered the intermediate level, i would still recommend you an even balance racket with a flexible shaft, like that of an arcsaber 002. it has enough weight that you will get decent smash, but not so head heavy that you need to give up on your defense. from playing with the arc002 for a while, i am convinced that it's one of the best-bang-for-the-buck racket. it's around $80USD and it's suitable for both beginners and intermediates.

6. chocoboc

chocoboc Regular Member

If you want a Voltric and good for both attacking and all round, then Voltric 60 would be the best match. I had this racket for couple of months then sold it to a friend. Note: this racket uses more shoulder and whipping technique; so if you're a wrist player, then you might not like it.

7. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Apacs tantrum series should be ok for all round player type

8. zamri_zaini

zamri_zaini New Member

I'm not a wrist player, i just like to whip it and use my shoulder a lot. Before this i've been playing for around 5 years. Maybe I am an experience beginner. Sometime i like to attack and sometime i like to play on the net. That depends on the opponent. I like to search to racket one for the attacks and one for the all round play for the doubles. Voltric 60 maybe ok, but the price is the same as voltric bs lyd. Should i go for the bs lyd instead? I ask for the apacs since the price is more affordable than yonex. I think i will go for the tantrum 200/500 for the all round play. Just need 1 good racket for attacking play

9. chocoboc

chocoboc Regular Member

I've only tested bs lyd for couple of minutes, and it definately feel much stiffer when comparing to VT60. Mid and front court with LYD is good, but don't expect too much power from baseline.

I was going to buy a Tantrum 200 from Ebay about a year ago, but I did a survey by randomly email about 10 buyers from Ebay that have bought Tantrum 200, and ALL of them told me it's a good racket, but somewhat lack of power. So I didn't buy it.

Anyway, from what you have mentioned, affordable price, power + all round... well, let me know if you ever find one : )

10. zamri_zaini

zamri_zaini New Member

I'm going to buy the Tantrum 200 for all round play. Just need one racket for attacking play but not hinder my defense. Chocoboc, have you tried the Victor MX JJS? is it same like BS LYD? How about Voltric 80, Slayer99 or Lethal 70?

11. chocoboc

chocoboc Regular Member

I only have JJS. Excellent racket for single even for a person with weak wrist like me.

It's good in double, but I feel the racket become somewhat demanding and more difficult to swing after long hours of game play. This is more of an attacking racket, so I found that it is slightly difficult when exchanging fast drive with my opponent.

12. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Zamri
    Would suggest VT70 or TK-6ooo for ur whipping style. Both rackets r medium stiff n head heavy.