Malaysian Juniors 2009

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by champion8, Jan 30, 2008.

1. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Damn, how long are you gonna be speechless for?

2. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Tian Houwei won :p Chen Xiaojia won also :p limsy, then how many days are you gonna speechless for? :D:p

#162 suetyan, Jul 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    1st,talking about performance 1st
    credit to ina pair,they played the right tactic,keep pressuring ow/yew and didnt let them play their usual game.
    ow/yew didnt play as good as yesterday.
    ina deserve to win.

ms
    iskandar losing to tian hou wei just like how lcw lost to lindan in og 08
    iskandar didnt show enough dessire,not enough hunger for the title
    and tian hou wei is al fired up and very eager to win
    since the start of the 1st point,iskandar never match thw.
    a good lesson for iskandar,i saw ur tears.:cool:

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well,in 2007 ajc
    we have one semi finalist and a runner up in ms
    we have one semi finalist and a runner up in md
    we have one semi finalist in ws
    we have one runner up in wd
    we have one winner and a semi finalist in xd

in 2009 ajc
    we only have 2 semi finalist and a runner up in ms
    we only have one runner up in md
    we only have a semi finalist in wd

the standard of opponent this year is really high,we even struggle to beat vietnam in team event.
    and this shows that we still have a lot to do,coach
    train harder and improve more
    there is still a tournament:world junior championship
    prepare it step by step
    hope we can do better in wjc compare to ajc:)

5. volcom

volcom Regular Member

LCW was fired up, he just got smoked by a unparalled display of flawless badminton.
    I doubt THW skillwise and performance is that much superior at his peak.

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    agreed,u are always correct:)

7. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Thanks for the compliment.
    Cheers

8. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

well AJC over.Lets look at the individual MJ. Lets see whether there is a different during WJC in 3 months time.

Iskandar: Performed outstandingly. Lost during final probably due to high expectation and pressure. Would grade him as almost the same level as Tian.

Shawal: Surprise. Could be a destroyer for any strong player. He could upset any player when on form.

Misbun Ramdan: Need to improve on his speed and commitment. Good height.

Zulklifli: Probably next year star player.

Tee Jingyi: Have done her very best. A fighter like Julia Wong.

Aw/Lim: Could have been a champion. need toimprove on technics.

Goh/Pang: Pang have good defence and the combination ok. Need to improve on their attacking esp their smashes.

(Both need to work harder for WJC as there is a chance of title.)

NHE/LPJ- This GD have good style but need to improve on their attack and defence speed. NHE need to improve on her smashes.

MX- Lai/Aw- our best pair but below the standard we have at 2007.
    Maybe Hui Ern could partner Pang than TWT.

Shervon/Goh. Shervon could be the player to watch next year. She has powerful baseball and smashes unfortunately too many mistake at defence.

Anymore to add?

9. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, to be prepare for WJC........all these players need to double up their training in all aspects..........because the challeges in WJC will be more tougher than AJC........and hope they wont make limsy speechless again..:D

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    at the end
    we do some conclusion here
    iskandar,have the greatest attack among the 4,thats why he need to train hard on his defence,we hardly see he dive to save the smashes,easily give up to return the birdie when opponent smash hard.
    given his height,he can easy reach the birdie,he will be one of the contender for wjc.

ramdam,have the best defeance among the 4,and he should train hard on his attack as his smash hardly earn point nowdays,cant break opponent defence by smash.
    1st time represent malaysia,and yet,already reach semis. his defence really saved him from defeat in 1/16 and quater,but need to train harder(i know u get the hardest among the 4:p)if he really want to made it big in wjc.

syawal didnt have a sharp attacking play,neither a solid defence that help him reach semis,it is his talent. being able to control his backhand better than others,he can get many shots returned not even watching the birdie,when doing his backhand,he doesnt need to turn his body as more as others need. and his natural sense on birdie help him to return many imposible shots.and i believe,he can beat ramdam and iskandar in his top day.anyway,he need to train hard on his attack also.

it is nice to see that we have a all rounder like zulfadli,he might not be a contender this year,but i think he can be in next 2 year.
    he have good defence and good attack,have the best skill out of the 4.
    always patient in rally to seek oppurtunity,thats why his match against thw need 50 minutes despite only 2 set,his stamina also can cope his style well,a great prospect in future:)

and i believe this will be the 4 that will send to wjc,they have greater chance and ability,hope coach can polish up their weakness and skill.
    the speed also a problem.

loh wei sheng and tew gee chong
    loh can easily leap up from his base position and smash as hard as he can,he will be a great attacker IF opponent feed him with lift,BUT,the reason he lost is just a simple one,not enough variety on skill and rally.
    didnt see much of tew gee chong play,but being training with loh,his defence should improve alot in future,still have time,train harder.

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Btw, any of you know what has happened to Goh Soon Huat that he wasnt featured in AJC? He won 2009 Johor Open Division 2 but didnt participate in 100 plus juniors. I thought Goh was supposed to be the 3rd BJSS BS after Iskandar & Syawal, unless there were limitations in no of players.

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

has he(Goh Soon Huat) got any relationships with Kenny Goh, Goh Wei Shem, Goh Jian Hao, Goh Liu Ying, Goh Giap Chin, Goh Eng Kiat??:rolleyes:
    hmm...;)

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    continue my conclusion
    for ws
    tee jing yi
    well,she is a real fighter and she play a crucial match in mixed team final to help malaysia to win ajc team event 09.
    anyway,although she is a more agresive player,but some rally will end up as a unforce error by her.she cant sustain the rally if the opponent have better variety and defence than she had.hopefully coach can work on her court coverage and defence,if not,she wont go far in wjc.

florah ng
    again,one of those that play better in training than in competition.she can even outmoved the all rounder(zulfadli) but she struggle on court. i didnt see the hunger and urgentcy in her play. she need to rethink her attitude and mindset. if she can overcome it,she can be a good back up for tee jing yi in team event.

ng sin zou
    hmm,after so many year,she still didnt have much skill in her pocket.
    and i think her sister,sin er would be better than her.she need to buck up,if not,its is hard for her to get into back up squad next year.she need to fight for her place in wjc.

ng sin er
    eventhough she is better than her sister,but still,she need many hard work and effort to be a better player that can earn my impress.i dont think she will have the slot for wjc.

they need to change their approach if not,they wont go far.

sonia
    a good lesson for her to learn in ajc.she still have 3 wjc to go.well,i do think she is better than both sin er and sin zou.she is at the same level as florah ng,but she can perform better on court. a mature girl with passion. should be the spear head for mas ws next 2 years along with yang li lian.

yang li lian
    i think she is a clone to wmc:p
    they look 99% alike aspecialy when yll wear spect:)
    anyway,she is another great prospect of mas ws.she is more a all rounder type. and i really waiting for her big breakthrough.:)

i think tee jing yi,florah ng,sonia and yang li lian should get their slot in wjc.
    barring any injury and stupid thinking of coach(unlikely will have,bjss coach is better than bam in term of select people:))

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    a same kind of question like:did george@chongwei got any relation with lww chong wei?;)

but after ramdam and zulfadli been invitated to train with bjss,i think both of them have outclasses goh and become the 3rd and 4th ms in bjss,no?
    i think this is the reason.

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    md
    i dont think i need to talk about their performance,weakness and strenght
    as i pretty sure there will be a regroup and changing patner between the 4 top pair under 19.

if i am coach,i will send goh,pang,tan and chooi(acroding to current performance):)
    but it is up to ykh to choose and yet,player can have big improvement in this 3 month to earn coach acknowledge:)

for wd
    i pretty confident that ykh will choose ng/lai and ong/shevon
    ng/lai found their chemistry suprisely and i think they can go far in future,not only in junior,and also senior.anyway,there is still a little gap between lai and ng.hope that ng can match ng hui ern before wjc.ng hui ern even had chance to play in thailand open,thats show the coach have same thinking as i did:)
    i think ong can training fully in august,and she have the duty to bring shevon up,shevon need to train really hard to reach the standard of ong,not to say ng.anyway,there is still 15 monthes until 2010 wjc,she still have time.

xd
    i advise that the male player that play in xd concentrate in xd,ow/lai should be a good pairing,and thats why i didnt select ow for md at the 1st place.:)
    ow/lai still have 2 wjc to go,they will have a fair chance to win next year wjc xd if they can keep their patnership and really work hard for it.
    the 2nd pair should be tan/ng,i think they can live up my expectation and also the coach one. i saw bright future for tan wee tat,and hope he can walk through the correct path.:)

16. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

correction. WJC and AJC is in March/April 2010

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    what mean? been earlier?:confused:

18. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

limsy, why do u think that 60% of the players in AJC this year is 16/17 years old.

AJC and WJC will be held earlier for accumulation of ranking points for next year Youth Olympic 2010 in Spore which was the 1st of its kind.

Venue for AJC not fixed yet but WJC actually was given to Mexico but i think this country may not host.

That's why u see alot of young player from China,Japan,Korea and even India and Thailand. Its to expose these players for the biggies.

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    oh i see:)
    thanks for the infomation.:)

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Favourable draw for Malaysia in world junior meet

http://www.bam.org.my/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1382&Itemid=1

just like what i think
    anyway the md player is abit surprise.
    i wont be able to attend wjc:crying: