Victor Brave Sword Lee Yong Dae 2011 !

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tranphuloc, Dec 14, 2011.

1. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

what if you like both? :p

2. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

I had both the LYD and ZForce 3U...

The LYD is slightly faster but I didn't like it... Sold it to my friend.

To me, it wasn't anything special. It's not head heavy like the ZForce (which I can use for both singles and doubles) and it's not as fast as my Gosen Shiden (for doubles).... Not worth keeping for me

3. Polaroid

Polaroid Regular Member

Student
    I personally tried this racket a few times. In my opinion, I really love the racket, everything just works perfectly for me. I do not own the racket, my friend does and my friend does not like it :p

4. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

What kind of racquet do you play with now. For me the LYD is an absolute blast to play with. However, my usual racquet is the VT-80 and I found that the BS-LYD just didn't have the same kind of smashing power. It also doesn't help that mine is a 4U and I usually play with 3U racquets.

I've seen people on the forum saying the BS-LYD is a fast racquet but it isn't..... it's FAST!!.

5. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    This is interesting.

I can't get hold of one to try. Perhaps there will be a few more available in the next batch into UK. I am told the grip size is G2 compared to G3 which is usually offered into UK. Is this true?

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

6. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    My BS LYD is a European version as is indeed G2.

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Seriously? A European G2? Interesting. So far we only got G3, which is actually perfect for me if I only want towel grip on the wood, and in Asia, G2 is dominant (I never got the bigger grip sizes when ordering there...)...so far, I had no choice between 3U/4U and G3/G2 in Germany, only 3U/G3 rackets were available.

8. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    It made me wonder whether Victor were going to manufacture all new racquets in G2 grip. However the latest racquets i tried were G3 so it looks like it's only on this particular racquet.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

9. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    Apparently victor sizing is in reverse, therefore victor g2 is same as yonex g4, as is more common in Asia, as we have smaller paws in general compared to our European counterparts.....

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Victor G2 = Li Ning S2 = Yonex G5
    And it's completely stupid to call your smallest grip the biggest number. So Yonex is actually the reverse here^^

11. nosequien

nosequien Regular Member

Hello, I thinking about buying a Victor raquet, but I don't know if i should go for BS LYD or MX70, since they have similar specifications.
    I'm a men and mixed doubles player (I don't play singles at all) and I would like a head heavy raquet. My current one is an Armortec 900Power, but I'm looking for something slightly less offensive and faster at drives.
    I think BS LYD would fit me, but I can't try it and I don't really know the difference with MX70.
    Any help will be welcome! :D

12. Cheetah

Cheetah Regular Member

Student
    Hey guys,I need your advice. I currently play with the SW35 and the Li-Ning N55-II. As my N55-II broke I want to try new rackets.So how is the LYD compared to the N55-II (if you haven't tried the N55-II maybe you have played with the SW35)The SW35 is a bit too head-light for me... But stiffness is just perfect :) I hope you can help me :) Cheetah

13. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    Thanks, this was what I was looking for! I already find the ZF slightly light, but luckily after many hours of play with my other heavier rackets, the ZF has it's place in fatigue power land :) I'll probably skip this one too.

14. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    Thanks. Might get it, then again might not, been using specs clones for years now. Cost me about 600hkd for the lethal 90, kinda like a brave sword clone. Not sure if it is going to help my game at all really. Long since trellised that my own skills far outstrip whatever a racket can do for me. But in Hk it's so easy to get caught up in the hype about new rackets. Lol. Maybe ill just get a second lethal......

15. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

It is NOT head heavy... So if you think the SW35 is too head light and you're looking for head heavy... This is NOT the racquet for you! I think the stiffness is about the same... I would not use the LYD for singles but the SW35 I would...

16. Cheetah

Cheetah Regular Member

Student
    Thank you! But is it really that head-light?? I read that the LYD is head-heavier than the SW35 as LYD wanted a stiffer racket than BS9... if the stiffness is almost the same as SW35 whats the big difference XDBtw I play mainly mixed and mens doubles :)

17. BlueTornado

If he wants something stiffer than BS9 (which was indeed true) then how does that translate into wanting something head heavier than the SW35, which he never used :confused:

I have not gotten the chance to try the LYD since it's not available here yet, but I believe the differences would be that the LYD will swing faster from the BS shape and be less head heavy. So it'll be less powerful but quicker than the SW35.

18. Cheetah

Cheetah Regular Member

Student
    LYD did use te SW35 several times... For example te WC2010 he played there with the SW35

19. BlueTornado

Good point, but the BS LYD should still be faster, less head heavy, and less powerful than the SW35 which is what you actually need to know, isn't it?

20. Cheetah

Cheetah Regular Member

Student
    Yeah I guess... I know I can hit harder smashes as my whole power isn't at full capacity :D yeah I know bminton is not about smashes hahaIf it'll swing faster wouldn't that result in faster defense and smashes??