APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    newbie? o_O? how long have you been playing? if not long..i suggest you train up and develop your techniques first before buying any rackets. you might regret what racket you bought after you clearly know what you want. no offense dude..just my 2cents

regarding the t200/l60, it is said that t200 is more for doubles and l60 for singles. well i think if you can handle the l60 in doubles, why not? nevertheless, it's still better to have some hands-on before you really buy them. both of the models have good reviews. cheers~

2. chongkiatz

chongkiatz Regular Member

RM238 with string ???? so cheap =.=".....i bought my one racket only RM230...add up string RM257....with bag too

3. NazirulHazim

NazirulHazim New Member

Student
    hi guys,
    is there any chance Apacs may release the Special Edition Arcsaber 100th All England Championships racket design soon?
    Would love to have it! They could call it Apacs Edgesaber 100, but the '100th All England' must be on it. =)

4. van de nan

van de nan Regular Member

planner
    i start playing badminton more often since start working (2 session per week from january until now)..i only have 1 racket since then..skill is quite ok and still improving well..i'm used to 25lbs for now..do you think still early for a new advance racket..tantrum 200 is limited and mostly out of stock in malaysia and i found a seller sell it for 230 + beg w/o string..

5. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    i don't think so..ralph bought from okk right? he doesn't have stringing service right?
    chongkiatz from arc right? arc's stringing is quite good

6. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    no offense but tension doesn't represent skill. it's just how strong your arm is (and urs is not bad). well if u think u nid it, then go for it. 230 + bag is quite a deal. if the seller is arc, you can let him string too. his stringing is not bad.

btw, t200 out of stock means it's a hot model. they will restock, definitely!

7. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    they might have 1 but i'm not sure if they can print 100th All England. copyright issue? no idea

8. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I paid RM260 for Tantrum T200 with string and bag. Same for Lethal 50 at RM260. Both are great rackets, well worth the price, highly recommended. If I have bought 3 each, I could easily sell them all here. Well, wait till I go home again next year.

9. van de nan

planner
    i do agree about it. the thing is i just dono to rate my skill yet :rolleyes:.. i have modified my tantrum 969 by ripping off its original grip and put 1 layer of replacement grip..feel like its slightly headheavy and suddenly after that jump smashing had become my fav move besides drop shots. regarding to the stock many shop/seller said they dont have any news from the distributor regarding to when the new stock is comming. I'm not planning to have so many rackets..two is enough for me..if u could suggest other cheap apacs, that would be highly appriciated

#2669 van de nan, Mar 30, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  10. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    that would make the racket slightly head heavier as the weight at the handle is lessen. the overall weight of the racket would also lessen. if you like smashing, you can add some lead tape or athletic tape at the top frame to make it more head heavy. that would add a little bit more weight to compensate the taken-out original grip. it's like switching the weight to another place. try and let us know the difference :p

11. van de nan

planner
    Is this the first racket that you have bought? and do we need to be skilled enough to earn as tantrum 200 holder..I heard a lot about this racket and makes me want to get 1 since i only got 1 racket..i play doubles

12. van de nan

planner
    i think its a good alternative too..worth to try..i do like experiments..;)

13. ralph_lee

ralph_lee Regular Member

Ya Ziggy,
    I bought from OKK, no string.
    Arc has better price but just RM10+- difference, I am ok lah.

14. ralph_lee

ralph_lee Regular Member

Hey,
    I would suggest you play with more different people.
    Then you will know how good you are.
    Keep playing with same group of people, you might be the best in the team as you all knows each other move and habit.

Try outside, know more friends.
    You may even get to try more different types of rackets before you decide to buy any. :)

15. van de nan

planner
    yeah, i already applied to join an unknown group from this forum and will start in mid April..just to improve myself for the love of the game..not planning to become pro :)

16. fariz80

fariz80 Regular Member

Quite difficult to find Tantrum 200, right? Many places out of stock. But recently I noticed that it is available on eBay. New stock arrived? If so, hurry grab those....I think should be very limited.

17. ralph_lee

ralph_lee Regular Member

I think Arc still have few.
    If you want, contact him.

18. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    i'll ask him 2nite..since he coming over to fetch my racket :D

19. van de nan

planner
    Dear all tantrum 200 seekers..a friend of mine just got a tantrum 200 from a supplier in KL..the supplier mention that he got atleast 19 more with him..the stock are limited at any outlet or seller due to supplier must devide the current stock to many2 outlets/seller due to its high demand..my friend got it for RM230 + a double compartment beg..i'm not sure if the info is 100%true or not.

20. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    dude..if this is real then make a thread in the buy and sell section..buy in bulk hahahaha