Yonex Carbonex 35

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by aramistuscany, Aug 31, 2009.

1. MilGauss

MilGauss Regular Member

I like the power level for Arc Z but I love the defense level of the Cab 35 (base on your review). I wonder how much better is the Cab 35 compared to a Cab 20 or Cab21...if it is appliclable at all for comparative reasons (if you've had experience with the aforementioned racquects).:) Thnx.

2. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

Thanks for sharing mate! really appreciate it.

Perhaps, I may conclude that CAB 30 would be more suitable for players who possess better power, and prefer to play offensive + lots of smashing in single game.

While, on the other hand, CAB 35 would be more suitable for players who possess weaker power, and prefer to control the shuttle and lots of netting in double game.

IMHO

3. maxp74

maxp74 Regular Member

Architect
    Since i also own som cab 20:s I can share my view. The new cab 20 (the orange one) is strangely light compared to the cab 35. It is also less solid on impact. However, I have only the 3U version of the new cab 20 and cab 35. 2U might be better in that aspect. In the Yonex matrix cab 35 is positioned below cab 20 i.e it has lighter head. My opinion is that it should be the other way around. But only just. I get the feeling that the new cab 20 hasn't really the quality it used to have.

The cab 21 is another breed. It is clearly head heavy, even more so than the cab 30 MS. I'd say that cab 21 is one of the hardest rackets to master.

All in all, cab 30 MS is very good in almost all aspects and it stands well in a comparison to newer models. I find that the cab 20 and 35 lacks a bit of that effortless power. Cab 30 is not a hard hitters racket. It just have more power than 20 and 35. And that is without loosing the delicate touch that the shorter cabs have.

4. maxp74

maxp74 Regular Member

Architect
    Grommets? Nah, not the titanium either. You just get more omph with a longer and more head heavy racket. At least I do. Slightly head heavy is my thing. Others might have a different opinions.

5. MilGauss

MilGauss Regular Member

Ah, you got me thinking whether to get a Cab 35 or 30 MS (in 2u). Thnx anyhow.

6. wlachan

wlachan Regular Member

I don't have the 30MS but the 3U 35 which is my main racket. I would say if you are a smash lover, 35 is not for you. Not being a power type of player, I enjoy rally more than smashing and for these, I like the 35. But when I was having a bad hair day and all shots seem wrong, I would just use my grand-old 2U Widebody30 which is stiffer and heavier headed for that extra help on power w/o me pushing too hard.

7. MilGauss

MilGauss Regular Member

Noted. CAB £0 MS is like an offensive racquet while Cab 35 is more of a defensive type, what you were saying, yeah? Thnx.

8. wlachan

wlachan Regular Member

I don't perceive offensive or defensive based on smashing power. Often the points are win based on the overall skill and tactic of the player. Some like to smash a lot, some not, and they choose their rackets based on their preference.

9. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    ok. I think I need to give this thing another try. nobody wants it:crying: in buy/sell thread. I play mostly double. my go to racket depends on my play day 'form' and the opponent. if im in good shape on the play day and against fast and offensive opponent, I will go to 2u ns9900. if I feel lazy and opponent very defensive I will opt for at900p. I can still play with cab9 gold, jus to note that the oval shape may not be the prob. my modern rackets are strung ard 25-26lbs and the cab9 ard 22lbs. need advice and tip from ppl who feel this racket worth its value on the string setup and best play style to use this with.

10. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    Really frustrated. I gave this 'masterpiece' another try yesterday. Worried that I would unfairly judge it, I brought along my antic first love Cab9 gold for benchmarking. With them, I brought along a modern racket, Arcs8dx.

The rackets spec & setup;
    Arcs8dx BG85 25lbs 3u g5 Replacement grip
    Cab35 BG85 26lbs 3u g5 Replacement grip
    Cab9 Gold Prospeed 23lbs 2u g4 Over grip

All original grips removed. And strings loosen a fair bit from the initial indicated tension.

How did they fare? I'm no good in doing reviewing so i will just summarise them in a comparison.

Smash Arc8dx > Cab35 > Cab9
    Clear Arc8dx > Cab9 > Cab35
    Defense Cab9 > Arc8dx > Cab35
    Drive Cab9 > Arc8dx > Cab35
    Intercept Cab9 > Arc8dx > Cab35
    Netting Cab9 = Arc8dx > Cab35

Agility Cab35 > Cab9 > Arcs8dx (probably due Cab35 being head lightest but it does translate into best defense)
    Accuracy Arcs8dx > Cab35 > Cab9

To me, for a serious match i will go for cab9 over cab35, any day. Maybe due to the reason it was my longest main go to racket longest sometime ago. Someone who think Cab35 is a decent racket, pls share your view and racket setup.

11. gabrielnatanael

gabrielnatanael New Member

Student
    I think Cab 35 is quite nice although I do agree that it's a bit lacking in the power departmentIt has that great solid feel despite being slightly head lightMine is 3U G5 with BG66U at 26lbs