Saina Nehwal : साइना नेहवाल

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by scorpion1, Jan 14, 2013.

1. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Dont be overconfident. Just like Saina had a bad day when she lost to TTY, it could be TTY had a off day too. One win does not prove she is better than TTY at any time. She was just as better player yesterday.

As for WSX, I think she must be fired up for the match, she lost to Saina so many times in a row.

2. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    and saina lost to wang shixian in a very strange manner in the semifinals of swiss open GPG, hope everything is all right and it was just fatigue(note for some irritating agents of this forum: that doesn't mean that i am saying WS didn't played well). hope she recovers soon and gets back in shape before her home event the sunrise India SS as she has been performing poorly there till now.. .she really needs to pull her socks up and come back strongly.. .hope she'll fair better in this edition of her home super series.

3. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

Happy B'day Saina Nehwal... i hope you will achieve even more success in the days to come...

4. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    Aww! Today is Saina's Birthday...
    Happy birthday Saina...

5. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Happy Birthday Saina :). You are an inspiration to badminton players of india regardless of their gender.

I have heard many male players saying your name as inspiration in India. So, Please Don't take any criticisms to your mind. You are the best. I wish you a very good luck in all your future endeavours. :)

6. Fighter55

Fighter55 Regular Member

Writer
    TOI is a newspaper and a very rich agency group, it has enough funds to send reporters if it wishes to, but that is a matter of management policy if they wish to support a sport other than cricket. If you read some of the reports written by their regulars on badminton you would roll in laughter ans so also the other pages.
    I am able to go through the entire paper in about 7 minutes and only use the page of comics, word games seriously.
    I read the Pioneer and Net for more serious stuff and find The Hindu accurate but dowdy.

7. tsae75

tsae75 Regular Member

Developer
    The Indians (or Indian media) are so desparate for a hero, it's sad and laughable at the same time.

8. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

This must be baiters day in BC.
    To equate a country for an action of a media trying to spice thing up to sell newspaper is not very mature. Grow up.

9. Higher

Higher Regular Member

Don't be so harsh.
    In my opinion, don't trust the media, most of them are not reliable. That's what happening in my country! It happens everywhere! Sad but it's the reality..

10. Ashaan

Ashaan Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Here in BC, we love the game BADMINTON, consider it as a wonderful sport, and understand it's beauty.....

But that's not the case with most of the people.
    For example, Badminton is still considered as a backyard/girly sport, where the players are supposed to HIT the shuttles from opposite side, so that the rally continue... The purpose of the game is understood as "CONTINUING" the rally.. (not actually winning it)

And I've seen in one of the movie posters, that one of the actor (really dont' remember, which language) playing BADMINTON, on a TENNIS COURT... (the tennis-net was used there)
    [For your record, there are different languages in INDIA, each having it's own scripting, and itself very unique from others. So different movie industries, for each of the local languages.]

That's the picture of Badminton, here in INDIA.. And as a Badminton-Lover, I appreciate anything that popularize the sport...

Most of the time, we never find any mention about any Badminton Tournament, in any of the media..

It's very much necessary, to have a HERO for Badminton, in India.. And SN is the best candidate for the same at this time.

Unless there is a local hero/player, you can never popularize the sport ... So I do think it's a positive sign, when some media trying to make SN as an ambassador of Badminton in INDIA.

Not sure, what makes people so offended (SAD?) with it...

We should not overlook the sports for the players. But the players are indeed an integral part of the sport.

It's the beauty of the sport, that needs to be appreciated more than the player. (not saying that player to be ignored.)

An avid badminton lover. :)

11. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Good post, written with facts and maturity. :cool:

12. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    We are very good in what we are doing and improvement in badminton tremendous. Not to mention your country. Not even a single badminton player from Singapore able to be mentioned??? :D:rolleyes:

13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Off topic: how did you work out his nationality?

14. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    absolutely.. .i second what you have written my friend, i often see here in BC that people start arguing over silly things and always criticize players they don't like and say that their favourite players are the best.. .grow up fellaz, badminton is such a wonderful sport with enormous talented players all over the world, try to love the sport and appreciate whoever plays well no matter which country is he/she from.

15. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    Indians are not desperate they are very affectionate for people they love, they lend their full support to their heros, appreciate and celebrate their achievements and efforts. our culture and tradition teaches us to love and give respect to each and every religion no matter what, we "INDIANS" don't believe in regionalism. We don't hurt others sentiments. And yes we are very hardworking.
    What is sad is that some people don't have the brains to understand that.

16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Implied from his location "Singapore" I guess. :rolleyes:

17. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Why does most of your posts have to resort to some kind of insults or attacks?
    Learn to ignore the posts by the not so enlightened ones.
    You can start by seeing how Ashaan handled it.

You do realise that most of the questionable posts about India and its players are directed at you in response to what you have posted/previously posted. You should ask yourself why this is the case.

18. gopalprasad

gopalprasad Regular Member

Software Architect
    Everyone has a persona and a certain way to respond & not everybody can behave the way we would like them to... everybody grows with time too, in IMHO we shouldnt be making a generic opinion just from one example and to me 'he' has been fun yeah at times his reactions the way those are worded are not required(but so has been the posts on which he reacts, like that). I see him reacting more often. I would say he is poked at to get such reactions and we all know how is he going to react beforehand.

19. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Yeah ... he is a great Indian fanboy and this irritates the hell out of supporters of the other camp to the extend they are purposely baiting him to react. A bit of self restrain on his part is all that is needed. And BTW his promotional materials is fine with me.

20. tsae75

tsae75 Regular Member

Developer
    No need to give an epilogue on India, I am sure there is enough nationalistic pride at stake for one to defend his/her favourite player and country no matter what.

As far as badminton goes, I always find the reports on outlets such as Times of India, etc. laughable with their Saina-centric reporting, and the comments in the readers’ opinion section even funnier because the readers actually believe everything they read.

At the same time, it is also quite ‘sad’ because it betrays the Indian psyche which points to one that is constantly craving for world recognition and attention (which ironically, is currently being reserved for China at the moment who only a generation or two ago was in total isolation and was poorer than India but whistled past like a train), and alluding to themselves that they will one day overtake everyone, especially the Chinese, by 2158 or something; being an ancient power themselves.

Take for example this badminton report and its nuances back in Oct 2012;

“HYDERABAD: At last, Saina Nehwal has breached what was the final frontier for her. She brought down the final brick in the Chinese Wall, world No.1 Wang Yihan, who remained the only Chinese player till now not to have fallen to the Indian.

The Olympic silver medalist limped off the court when faced with a certain defeat, allowing the Indian ace to advance with a 21-12, 12-7 victory in the semifinals of the Yonex Denmark Open Super Series Premier on Saturday.

Saina, who is also battling a right knee injury, began with a 0-5 deficit but recovered quickly enough to run through the top Chinese to make the hitherto lopsided head-to-head record look a little better at 1-6. The rivalry that began in May 2010 grew bitter with each tournament as the Indian failed to get past her even once.

Waving her finger ferociously after firing a body smash, countering a crosscourt half smash with a deft drop and dismissing a high toss with a powerful drive, Saina looked robust throughout the match.

Though the retirement of her famed opponent might have taken the fizz out of her victory, Saina and her team will be buoyed by the fact that the 'Yihan puzzle' has been finally cracked.”

The Indians are fighting an imaginary enemy or ghost here, patting themselves on their back and showering praise on their self-styled victory as if they have found a new messiah or a way to eradicate poverty & starvation or something. What “final frontier”? What “Chinese Wall”? Hilarious, isn’t it? Such passionate people indeed.

Grow up.

#80 tsae75, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2013