Saina Nehwal

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by saina fan, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT
    #1081 rahuldarga, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  2. rahuldarga

IT
    Seems like its back to the drawing board for Saina. What did she lack against Mitani? Agility and court coverage comes first to my mind. She was playing the same but its Mitani who set the bar a bit higher. Anyone any thoughts?

3. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

just out of curiosity, i read from various sources of news about SN, it seems that most describe her playing style as 'textbook'... why is that??

4. gopalprasad

gopalprasad Regular Member

Software Architect
    Nothing wrong SN was playing good. Its just that she gave away too many freebies. Her smashes were landing out and at the crucial juncture of the match being 19-17 up in the first game and not able to finish it up then for the game would certainly play in the mind. Mitani was keeping her at the back and following it up with nice drops that has to make SN tired as well, she had to bend a lot to pick it up and then Mitani herself was retrieving well hence forcing SN to go for the lines and the shots which landed out by a few inches from SN made her to slow the ace of the game against Mitani who herself was a rally player. I would say Mitani made SN to play according to her game which was clever for her. She was serving high and was getting the bird mid court making it easier for her to plpace it next. Come another day SN would land her smashes on line, play a bit more of placement games coupled with attacks that lands in and thats it.

5. rahuldarga

IT
    Its because she plays in a very orthodox manner. That means correct technique both in terms foot work, shot making and tactics i.e. stick to the basics nothing fancy.

6. rahuldarga

IT
    You are absolutely right. SN is pretty good herself in court coverage but man... Mitani is something else... While watching the match, during rallies at someone it feels like SN is about to win it but Mitani not only retrieves it but is back up and ready for the next shot... Yep SN was tired from two weeks of play and I think she also gained some weight as well for she was not moving that fast. Remember she took two months off and only had 5 weeks of training. I noticed her movement on was slow compared to Indonesian open. She will certainly give Mitani a good fight next time when they meet. Once Sindhu joins the league it will get exciting. In a year or so another Japanese will come forth, Nozomi Okuhara.

7. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Everyone has some bad days one in a while where nothing goes right. I am sure Saina will bounce back from this. Let's see how well Mitani does after this victory and the same goes for Liew Darren also. Taking about weight, Saina sure seems beefier now, just look at her thighs.

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Saina Nehwal’s performance analysis in 2012

Gautam. October 29, 2012
    http://www.sportskeeda.com/2012/10/29/saina-nehwal-loses-french-open-yet-no-1-in-2012/

Excerpts:

...Year 2012 has been the best year in Saina Nehwal’s career. After a disappointing last year, where she wasn’t able to win a single Super series title, this year she won two BWF Super Series Premiere (Indonesia and Denmark) and two Grand Prix Gold titles (Swiss and Thailand) along with an Olympic bronze medal.

...Saina has performed well compared to all her top four opponents in this year. She has won 2 Super Series Premiere, while her competitor Wang Yihan, Li Xuerui and Wang Shixian won 1 Super Series Premiere title each.

...In 2012, Saina Nehwal is leading the table and if she continues her good performance in the next 3 Super Series, she has a chance to top the BWF ranking and achieve her career best ranking.

9. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Saina to skip China Open

HYDERABAD, October 31, 2012
    http://www.thehindu.com/sport/other-sports/saina-to-skip-china-open/article4048752.ece

World No. 3 Saina Nehwal has pulled out of the China Open scheduled to start in the second week of November as she feels that she has to give rest to her right knee which is posing some discomfort now.

“It doesn’t need any serious medical attention but just some physiotherapy. I am really happy that Ch. Kiran is doing a great job and it was because of him I was able to compete in the Denmark Open and the French Open despite the pain,” Saina said.

Saina said that the two tournaments in Europe were very satisfying given the fact that she did not have enough time for training because of the felicitations after the bronze-medal performance in the London Olympics.

“I think I am more confident and more relaxed now after winning the bronze. It was a childhood dream to win an Olympic medal. Apparently, a huge burden is off my shoulders now,” she said.

“The best part of the last two tournaments is the consistency I showed in all aspects of my game. It was a great feeling to win the Denmark Super Series and the semifinal win over World No. 1 Wang Yihan is something which I will remember for a long time though she conceded the match in the second game because of an injury,” said Saina.

“I was at my best in that match and was confident of winning even if it had gone the distance,” she added.

“In the French Open, I was disappointed at losing in the final but it was largely because I was very tired and having problems with my knee,” Saina said.

“Well, the desire now is to keep improving all the time and there is nothing like working on a specific area of my game,” Saina said.

She will be back in the circuit for the Hong Kong Open scheduled in the third week of November.

10. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Ah, the fun and games continue. ;)

11. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Really sad to hear that she wont be taking part in China open 2012.. Lets hope she will be back with a bang in the Hongkong open 2012

12. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    will Saina get fined of US$5000 for not showing up in China Open?

13. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Why you are so eager ?. Will she get fine or not, we are very much worried about her knee problem. I hope she will return back to HongKong open(your country) with full recovery and play well.

14. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Jeez, he was asking a question. You don't have to jump all over him for that. :rolleyes:

15. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    But she is nursing an injury. Can't that be a good reason?

16. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I believe BAI has to lodge the official injury report officially. Red tape, I know...

17. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Cool man. No need to defend him... I asked him in comic sense. Thats all. For simple reason, you are jumping on me.. I never be mad or bad on others ....

" You know MadBad
    As you expect,Am not bad
    Now Only
    Saina's knee makes me Sad"

How is it?
    Just take it easy man..

18. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Yeah, like anyone knew there was a comical vein behind that comment. There are things called emoticons; you should use them.

19. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Hmmmm.... Nobody asked except you.. ;)... Even pcll999 would have understood the comic sense underneath!!! :D

I hope you will learn as soon as possible even without the so called emoticons;:D:D;)

20. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Is it better to clear than not?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.