dealextreme.com selling nanogy95 for $2.50/pack?????!!!! (FAKE)

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by adidascanada, Feb 16, 2011.

1. winstonchan

winstonchan Regular Member

CBO (Chief Babysitting Officer)
    Thanks Dan. My camera sucks (so does my photography skills) so thanks for posting the image up for me.

I went through all the strings I have in stock and discovered that not all genuine Yonex SP strings have Sunrise hologram stickers on them, they only have the Yonex hologram sticker on them. May be Sunrise is not putting stickers on all batches. Anyway I found a pack of BG-80 SP with a Sunrise hologram on it, for everyone's reference.

IMG_1653R.jpg

2. lneoas

lneoas Regular Member

IT Consultant
    hmmm it would seems that the nanogy95 selling on dealextreme is legitimate then?

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Hmmm.... How did you come to that conclusion? ;)

4. lneoas

lneoas Regular Member

IT Consultant
    well since we cannot prove that it is not legitimate so it had to be legitimate right? ;)
    actually i had a friend who made quite a lot of purchase from dealextreme before(mostly iphone accessories) and they normally do not put the maker of the product unless its real..

5. CovinaStringer

CovinaStringer Regular Member

Industrial Engineer/Stringer
    We really won't know until adidas gets his order.

6. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    This site is known to Sunrise (known as Seth & Co. in HK) in Hong Kong and its NBG-95 is fake.
    As a matter of fact many in HK have bought this string, only to find out its fake.
    All Yonex strings shipped to Sunrise in HK, even those strings like BG-6 that are made under contract with Chinese manufacturers, are shipped from Japan directly with a Yonex Japan golden laser sticker. When Sunrise (Seth) in HK receives the strings from Yonex Japan, they stick a bigger golden laser Sunrise sticker partially over the Yonex Japan sticker.
    Therefore if your Yonex SP strings come from Sunrise (Seth) HK look out for these two golden laser stickers. If they are not there then it is not authentic Sunrise HK (Seth) strings.
    Also there are other tell tale signs you can check. Get a pack of SP NBG-95 without the two laser stickers and compare it with another genuine one, and the difference is obvious in the quality of the packing and the subtle colors of the wordings and colored parts. Also the zip-tying of the fake is non standard.

7. Alexccs

Alexccs Regular Member

Stringer ES8protech
    Thank you for your remainder, since we do not have Bg-6 and Bg-9 here in the US. I almost forgot those string exist.

8. winstonchan

Thank you taneepak for confirming such important information to us. In that case I should let Seth & Co. know that they are not consistent with putting the Sunrise hologram on every pack of SP strings because as I said not every pack of string I got from them has the Sunrise hologram on and only the Yonex hologram.

9. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

This shouldn't be the case if you get your goods directly from Seth & Co. Perhaps, it is possible that dealers in HK may strip the Sunrise hologram from the string pack for other uses like on a racket?

10. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

BTW, there are private stringers in HK who use fake NBG-95 strings and charge their customers only half the price of genuine one.
    I am not sure if the stores here do the same thing. To be sure you get the genuine string is strung on your racket, it is wise to be at the store and then inspect the string first before he begins the stringing job.

11. winstonchan

yes strings direct from seth & co, no stripping.. invoices & delivery notes kept.

12. lneoas

lneoas Regular Member

IT Consultant
    so have the Panda tried out the strings?

13. adidascanada

adidascanada Regular Member

14. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I would not trust DX. I purchased an item (not badminton related) from them a while back - they said the item would arrive with X amount of business days. It did not, so I submitted a customer service complaint on their website to follow up regarding the item - supposedly they would respond within 48 hours, they did not. I submitted a PayPal claim and got my money back instantly. At he same time, I ordered the same item else where on Ebay and got my item within 3 day from the seller.

The item eventually came from DX but it took way too long. Customer service from DX finally responses later and asked me if the item arrived and I said yes - but I got my money back already. Their English is not great, seems like broken English or English as a second language.

#54 Matt, Mar 20, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  15. adidascanada

^ I agree their shipping usually take minimum 2 weeks for stuff to arrive!!!

16. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    The thing is that it was more than two weeks and they failed to respond in a timely manner. They did not give me tracking info either.

Based on that, I had to do PayPal claim then I got my money back, but hte item eventually came, like over a month later.

17. SkiLLz

SkiLLz Regular Member

Student
    has anyone's order arrived yet? do they have the proper stickers on it?

18. adidascanada

Got my 3 packs of Nanogy 95 (1 grey and 2 white).
    Well, at the very least the packaging is flawed. The "cuts" were not straight, some discolouration and two of the packs were "open" at the bottom. I took some pics (see below link)

https://picasaweb.google.com/adidascanada/DXNG95?feat=directlink

Other than that the strings "seems" fine (have not played with it yet).

These could possibly be authentic string sold in bulk due to packaging issues (just speculating). Still not sure either way though.

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i got my 5 pack too.

aside from the non right angle packaging, the graphics and fonts are also less sharp on an A/B comparison.

i haven't have time to open up the strings to compare directly.

as for packing issue. i don't know. i was told that Yonex strings are all properly made in Japan, so the chances that some get leaked to China is a bit low.

maybe these are good for stringing cheap rackets.

20. SkiLLz

SkiLLz Regular Member

Student
    Guys these are FAKE FAKE FAKE!! (Yonex Nanogy 95)
    I received my package of 3 today and everything about it screams fake.
    The font is off, the coloring is off, the packaging material is terrible, there's no proper stickers on the package and there's no yonex text on the strings. I also read on the DX comment section that Nanogy 95 only comes in cosmic gold and was never produced in black. DO NOT BUY!!