Misbun quits as national singles coach

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by undeadshot, Jan 1, 2011.

1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I am thinking about that. 2012 should be the year my daugther finishes her schooling (free man at last, Amen, maybe:p)...OLY12 may the last we see of LD/LCW in a major, make it the mother of all majors for both, second gold for LD and 1st for LCW (also last chance for MAS before no hope for a long time):D The concern is ticket, accomodation, crowd, safety. I am trying to coax my wife to see Europe and see SF and F in OLY12, I am working on her to show her vids of LD and LCW, WX, so far she is warming up and I tell her to see 'live' is a whole different experience. Needs patience lah:p.
    Heck 2012, the world could end...and no gold for either LD or LCW:crying:

2. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

No. 3 is obviously incorrect,there is no exco, the set-up is the work of the TCC comprising fellow coaches like Rashid, Hendrawan, Rexy and others:

hursday January 13, 2011
    Nadzmi jumps to defence of coaching and training committee

KUALA LUMPUR: Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) president Datuk Seri Nadzmi Mohd Salleh has sprung to the defence of their coaching and training committee yesterday.

Nadzmi said that changes were imminent if Malaysian badminton were to move forward.

National coach Misbun Sidek has been unhappy with some of the decisions made by the coaching and training committee, headed by Ng Chin Chai, in September.

He was also hurt by some of the remarks made by the committee members.

Nadzmi said that the majority of people had accepted the changes made by the committee, which were aimed at strenghtening their programme.

Among the changes were dividing the training set-up into three squads – elite, elite back-up and juniors.

Every player in each group is carefully selected based on his or her maturity and potential.

“The changes were made based on our Thomas Cup Finals post mortem. (Malaysia were whipped 0-3 by China in the semi-finals) We do not want to make the same mistakes. Changes were made so that we do not have to depend on one or two talents in the future,” he said.

“We have to respect our own system. We have to see it in the bigger context. The changes are made so that we will have a wider pool of players.

The majority of the coaches have agreed and no one has shown any dissension. But, like any other organisation, there may be one or two who may be unable to accept the changes.

“The council have endorsed the changes made by the committee and we are going to stick to it to ensure a better future.”

I cannot understand the statements underlined, that will be the key to understand the long term goals of the TCC.

3. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

The Star reported today that 3 members of the TCC (which comprises administrators as well as other coaches like Hendrawan, Rexy and Rashsid) have threatened to quit if Misbun gets his way,It is not on Staronline.

It would be interesting to see the profile of the TCC and their members and how they vote in making decisions,

4. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

It is not the issue at all, it is the TCC.

5. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Taufik, zjh, yy and ld is talent. ;) More I guess. ;)

6. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Since no one can interpret what Nadzmi is saying (those underlined) I will guess it as :

1) They want stable cohorts of about equal standard that stay a close knit unit able to play as a team in tournaments and team events.
    2) They do not want outstanding players but desire a group of players like in the 90s.They dont want players to break camp but stay as a tight unit for the future (unfortunately they cannot get to spar with seniors).
    3) They recognise that there will be no more LCWs in the near future and are prepared to live with it for a few more years until the juniors come up as a batch and take on the world as a group as in the 90s.
    4) They dont know what they are talking about (ie.the TCC comprising coaches including Misbun and some administrators).

Anyone care to give the TCC a chance to analyse and guess their intentions or just ignore and dismiss? Seems to be the key word is Team,Team and Team.

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yawn......
    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/1/14/sports/7797922&sec=sports

8. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    This is the best analogy to describe DLCW predicament and his fellow coaches.

Totally agree

9. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Friday January 14 , 2011
    Committee members say they ’ ll quit if Misbun gets his way

By RAJES PAUL
    KUALA LUMPUR : At least three Badminton Association of Malaysia ( BAM ) coaching and training committee members are ready to resign if the national body give in to the demands of coach Misbun Sidek.

One of the members , Tony Tan Gim Him , said he would be the first one to quit if BAM succumbed to Misbun ’s request to change the coaching and training structure .

BAM president Datuk Seri Nadzmi Mohd Salleh is expected to meet Misbun soon in a bid to get the coach to re- consider his quit decision .

Both sides are expected to come to a compromise.

Misbun tendered his resignation via e- mail on Dec 31 citing his unhappiness over certain decisions made by the committee , including turning down his request to train his son Ramdan and several other juniors .

Tony , who is the Penang BA secretary , said that two others would join him and quit the committee .

“ We hope that the meeting ( between Nadzmi and Misbun ) will go well. But I will leave if BAM make changes to the structure just to accommodate Misbun , ” said Tony .

“ What is the point of staying on if the system endorsed by the council is not respected ? We changed the structure for the betterment of the sport . It is pointless for people like me to stay and try to make a difference for the association if we go back to the old ways. ”

………………………………………………………………………………………………

a little background of mr. tony tan please, anybody?

10. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Li Mao already stated clearly that there is little teamwork, the singles doubles players and coaches do not COLLABORATE,

just take care of their own turf. Right now we see Rexy working closely with Tan Kim Her although they work for different units.

There was no teamwork years ago when the chief coach cum doubles coach hijacked all the best players to the doubles department, leaving a void in the singles to this day, I am sure the TCC remembers this and does not like this idea of pinching.

If coaches and players think of themselves as part of a team they would be able to allow their charges to spar with one another without thinking of protecting themselves.

I guess the TCC is trying to build some kind of team spirit (unofficially coaches can COLLABORATE ) if they want to.

I myself always state that Msia is a world power already by having 2 world no1s, but after the hue and cry over the Thomas and Asian Games losses to Japan and Thailand, the emphasis is still on the team, of depth and breadth and secondary on 1 or 2 outstanding players .

Probably officially they have to insist on team spirit and COLLABORATION but like TKH and Rexy coaches should be able to make
    arrangements unofficially for inter unit sparring.

We like to accuse other people of Kiasu but it is happening right before our eyes.For decades and up to now, our doubles players are still fighting with their partners and do not work to build up the partnership but always blaming each other.
    Nowadays many organisations give some premium to employees who are not only outstanding but are also team players.They should excel and at the same time have a team spirit and look out for colleagues.

#470 Bbn, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  11. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

They exist in many modern organisations, they carry a file and record book and just spot your shortcomings and mistakes and nothing else. You just have to tolerate them , they are like traffic wardens and police, the only way to survive is to live with it and understand that they are doing their job, sometimes a bit overzealous.If you cannot accept their role, its time to be your own boss.

12. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    hahaha, i got shocked reading at first

then got wet because raining heavily here

i went to buy real star and nst

and the worse thing i found wrong info. lol

btw, it is not compulsory for members to provide a link or proof

to substantiate their claim? :eek:

if not, maybe ignore button is good :D

13. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Can anyone please name some of the other coaches in BAM, and what they do, and whether they coach Elite or backup or Junior?

14. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Totally agree and works both ways, too many PMs amongst the gang may result in members being banned.
    In response to post 472.

15. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Pls note that my intention here since 2002 is to participate with an open mind on happenings and events in badminton.

I do not act as spokesman for anybody or have any vested interests here, because I do not own this site.

Pls feel free to discuss but I will not give in to people ganging up on me just because I dont agree with them or play ball.

Neither will I tolerate rude personal tirades.

Everyone is free to use the ignore button, but I will continue to give my own interpretations, like it or not as this forum is not a propoganda machine. I have also the liberty to use the ignore button.

16. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    from NST

2011 / 01 /14
    By K . M . Boopathy
    boopathy @ nst. com . my

SEVERAL members of the BA of Malaysia ( BAM ) coaching and training committee ( CTC ) have hinted at quitting their positions if the association accepts Misbun Sidek back as national singles coach under his conditions.

Penang BA ( PBA ) secretary Tony Tan said that he will resign as a member of the CTC if BAM decides to restructure the training programme. Tony said the decision to place Misbun' s son ,

Misbun Ramdan , under Hendrawan' s guidance had been one of the main grouses of the coach but it was a collective CTC decision . Tony added that president Datuk Seri Nadzmi Salleh , the executive council ( Exco ) and the council have endorsed the new training structure and it should not be disrupted to accommodate any individual.

" The new structure has been agreed upon by all . The president and the council have endorsed it and we should not make changes to accommodate one person. If that happens , then I will resign as a member of the CTC , " said Tony yesterday .

" The sentiment is shared by several of us as our intention to come up with the new structure is to move forward and catch up with other countries, especially China.

" Placing Ramdan under Hendrawan was one of the issues but it was a majority decision . There are several other players who are above him in the ranking and we have to be fair to them or they will start to question our system if Ramdan moves to to the elite squad .

" People will say that we are practicing double standards and we must avoid that .

" If someone doesn ' t want to follow decisions of the CTC and our suggestions are ignored all the time , there is no point sitting on the committee . "

Sarawak BA secretary Abdul Hadi Abdul Kadir, also a member of the CTC , was against BAM meddling with the new structure in order to allow Misbun back into the fold as it will defeat the purpose of the association.

" It is not advisable to revamp the new training structure just because of a single person. That is something we should not consider , " said Hadi yesterday .

" Misbun should return without setting conditions and listen to why the new structure was set and why Ramdan must train under Hendrawan .

" There are a few things that can be considered but we cannot give in to Misbun 's conditions 100 percent. " Kedah BA ( KBA ) president Teoh Teng Chor also urged Misbun to give the new changes due consideration before jumping into conclusions .

" We ( CTC ) drew up the new structure after the Thomas Cup failure and Misbun wasn' t very happy . But he should give it a try , " said Teng Chor .

" Previously, the coaches were never under anyone's supervision and maybe they are alittle uncomfortable . But we are not here to control anyone but to help towards the betterment of the sport .

" Whether we are there or Misbun is still around, the system must function effectively as that ' s important . If we give in to pressure and disrupt the new structure , we will be heading backward again. "

17. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    cobalt, i think a search in nst or the star you should be able to get something,

my battery is very low need to go

will be back :D

18. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Interesting comments from the Coaching and Training Committee members. What they failed to realize is that BAM had been heading backwards since way back in 1994, after the foresighted President was overthrown by his political savvy deputy. Typical scenario in Malaysia when a sport suddenly gains political attention due to a major victory.

All those near misses in the Thomas Cup finals in 1994, 1998 and 2002 came as the result, despite Malaysia having teams strong enough to win.

19. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    As of July 2010 - (nst) - The Coaching and Training Committee - Ng Chin Chai, Kenny Goh, Datuk Lim Teong Kiat, Datuk James Selvaraj, Teoh Teng Chor, Tony Tan, Abdul Hadi Abdul Kadir, Misbun Sidek, Rashid Sidek, Rexy Mainaky, Tan Kim Her, Hendrawan. (supposedly got 14 members, but I don't know who else)

Feb. 21, 2010 - The Star :
    James smashes BAM’s new coaching committee

[...]Most of the members are sports administrators and I have nothing against them. But it is so crucial to have people who are able to analyze the game and have the technical knowledge of the game to be in the committee,” said James.[...] (No offense James, but we even have them now in the new TCC... any big difference? A person with such capability and experience is now being scrutinized by some of the TCC members...)
    “This department is not only about managing people. If the BAM thinks something has gone wrong in the program, then people who know about the game should be in there. Then, they can give relevant input,” said James.[...](true, but how effective the input gonna be if it was not considered relevant despite being thought out as one?)
    “He pointed out that the former athletes can make greater contributions by being in the coaching and training department. Their experience itself is priceless. This sector is important to determine the success of the sport.”[...](their experiences will turn to dust if their thoughts were considered not good enough, no?)
    Nadzmi also said that as the chairman, he would also monitor the coaches on a monthly basis instead of the committee’s previous once after three months.(*yawn*) “Nadzmi has done good for the sport as the president but he is also a business man. How is he going to find the time to monitor the coaches on a monthly basis?[...](isn't it a wonder? Since he's so smart;))

I do not understand why they did not want the input from the former greats.[...](if you ask me, I also don't understand why they're still like this even after Beijing Olympic, don't just say TC 2010, even before... *sigh*)

As a player, I can immediately detect the strong and weak points of a player. I have been there before and I know what can be done or should be done,” said James.[...](as all the great coaches we have in our stable... but again, are their thoughts/plans really given fair consideration?)

Give the former players the chance to add depth in the coaching and training committee for the betterment of the badminton.[...](but James, if he can't really have a say in his plan for his charges, then how to add depth? You said you understand MS... he even talked to you first... but how come the 3 people don't understand? Was it like they said? Since I don't get the same vibe when I read your statement... now I'm more irritated with this mess...)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was old news but I think shows that there's still instability in the new TCC but eventually coaches ended up accepting the decisions, whatever they were... I mean look at the training structure now... It's still questionable... ... Perhaps it's ok with other departments but in singles? *sigh* Now we hear bitter words perhaps by people who have the most say in that current structure... I don't know...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [Since no one can interpret what Nadzmi is saying (those underlined) I will guess it as :

1) They want stable cohorts of about equal standard that stay a close knit unit able to play as a team in tournaments and team events.
    2) They do not want outstanding players but desire a group of players like in the 90s.They dont want players to break camp but stay as a tight unit for the future (unfortunately they cannot get to spar with seniors).
    3) They recognise that there will be no more LCWs in the near future and are prepared to live with it for a few more years until the juniors come up as a batch and take on the world as a group as in the 90s.
    4) They dont know what they are talking about (ie.the TCC comprising coaches including Misbun and some administrators).

Anyone care to give the TCC a chance to analyse and guess their intentions or just ignore and dismiss? Seems to be the key word is Team,Team and Team. ]
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team? :eek: Equal standard? :eek: HOW? If even in training session we can see the difference in the standard of determination among players, how la to build a strong team in the future? These people are sure in oblivion... I bet they don't REALLY know what they are talking about....:rolleyes:

[If coaches and players think of themselves as part of a team they would be able to allow their charges to spar with one another without thinking of protecting themselves.

I guess the TCC is trying to build some kind of team spirit (unofficially coaches can COLLABORATE ) if they want to.]

Agree... perhaps no more such structure as junior, elite, backup... then we won't see double standard issue/worry, right? Everyone can mingle and share knowledge and skills and experience and tada! A group in unity and stronger who each has deep compassion with one another...

20. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

After reading from NST article, I wonder what is wrong with Ramdan being placed and trained under coach Hendrawan? Is someone suggesting that coach Hendrawan is not good enough for Ramdan? What has Ramdan achieved in the badminton world? Did he win the World Junior MS title? He really that BOLEH?