New Fake Yonex Rackets Phenomenon

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by Avenger, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    I am not trying to be rude. but you are really posting on a wrong thread..
    let me be quick and ask you a question. what do you think about your racket after searching for 5 hours? is your racket fake or not? (well, the answer is really, in this thread in the first - third post of this thread. go back to page one please)

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...s-Phenomenon?p=1623870&viewfull=1#post1623870

2. barmandebasish

barmandebasish Regular Member

Job
    Sir as per your information I think the racket I bought is fake...But assure me with some reason to prove it fake. Cause I did not pay the full amount of money. I have paid US$70 and I have to pay more US$50 ..And If this confirms the racket is fake then I will return it and will get back the money. I become completely confused and think less , can not assure myself...So please sir help me...Your help will be taken as a precious gift and I will do not blame/target you for telling the truth...Please...

3. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    It is a fake racket and quite a lot of these being produced. especially in China, India, Thailand and Vietnam, there are so many dishonest sellers that say the racket is genuine even though it is fake (whereas in Indonesia they usually call it, "local production")

the shaft serial and cone code itself does not match. it is the easiest way to know whether the racket fake or not
    do you need more proofs? post the pics of your racket here (or opena new thread) esp the the cone area (all 4 sides), butt cap, and the bag they give along with the racket. usually these are more than enough to tell if the racket fake or not (and you can tell the seller that this racket is fake based on their physical appearance)

4. vincentyeh

vincentyeh Regular Member

Student
    Master Avenger has a great post and teach how to identify fake racket... after i spend some time reading the post and now i know the way to identify. AndMr barmandebasi your racket is fake.. Have a refund

5. barmandebasish

Job
    Thanks a lot sir...You are really helpful. God bless you sir...I will post some photos asap to the post...

6. barmandebasish

Job
  7. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    mr badmandebasish, i also agree with avenger that the racket is fake... try to get refund for it

8. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    I am going to buy a fake racket to try, very soon
    a Vt80, for 100 RMB or equivalent to £10 (yes that cheap) that's why I don't mind to try it
    let's see if it will gonna play like a Vt80? I doubt it though lol..

with a fake racket, it is like a gambling, sometimes it is good, sometimes it is bad. they don't have QC, only a racket with paint on it

my friend bought a fake NS9900. and hell.. it is FLEXIBLE!

9. barmandebasish

Job
    Sir Already experienced with the Fake one and No need to buy for testing..I am sharing my experience here..
    After many discussions, understanding and of-course with your help I had realized that My voltric 80 was fake..Then I bought another voltric 80 from an authorized Yonex shop...
    I have noticed some points differentiating them...
    1. The Fake one has some extra weight than the real one which claims to be ultra light weight itself..fake one is heavier and not matching the 3U-4U standards.
    2. Fake one has the string tension limit(in the sticker) upto 24 lbs(3U in weight) whereas Original one claims to keep tension upto 26 lbs(4U in weight) and 27 lbs for 3U racket..
    3. Fake one has more thicker shaft than the real one. Whereas original one has very thin shaft which it claims to be. because Voltric 80 is the first racket which has very thin shaft to other rackets of yonex that time..
    4.The Stiffness of the voltric 80 racket should be stiff as per the guidelines of Yonex. But here the fake one has a more flexible shaft and not have a vibration control system.
    5.The Original has the sound filter capability but the fake one does not.
    6. 'SP' is not printed on the fake one's shaft.
    7.No Sunrise Hallmark is printed on the fake one and has old Yonex Hallmark(before middle of 2013), No PBSI logo on the fake one..
    8.After all whenever you are playing with the real one after exercising the fake or vice versa then anybody can automatically feel the differences ...
    The real Voltric 80 is superb , it is an awesome racket and has all type of playing capabilities ..These are the causes it got highest positive reviews and points in Yonex history..

#49 barmandebasish, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  10. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    I think you did make a few good points. Vt80 trademark is of course their thinner shaft, sound filter and thier 4U weight
    but I believe the fake one will not gonna have it (it is just a normal racket with paint on it after all)
    the question is.. will it gonna play decently or plainly bad?

11. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    That different can be seen on a low grade fake. Different story with the high grade one.

12. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    so.. are you saying that the high grade one will gonna have thin shaft, sound filter and a good range weight?

well, we can say "high grade fake" and "low grade fake" but for people who are trying to buy a racket, IMO they are as clueless as chicks lose their mother. I will assume people will get the cheapest one. if someone said I am selling a good one, we have no idea if it is high grade or low grade right? that means for people generally, they are gambling to buy a fake racket (or just clueless it is fake like my friend). or they can say they are selling the high grade one, but they are selling the low grade one, not many can tell..

plus I am gonna assume people who are in India, and Vietnam (who have the highest rate of fake Yonex) will not gonna have the luxury to taste the high grade one (if it is exist). so I just want to know, is it really outright bad, or just ok, or evne superb

#52 Avenger, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  13. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Don't know how they do it but they do have thin shaft, sound filter and a good range weight

14. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    ok, I didn't take the leap of faith and move to the dark side

I am going to buy a Chinese brand. the name is BALEAF
    it is tempting with the same price of the fake (but the fake got a cheap big bag though)

15. Stealthking

Stealthking Regular Member

I'm not an advocate of fake rackets but I have a VT80 fake that is every bit the same as the original however noted that the paintwork around the grommets on the inside of the frame was a little shoddy and the writing on shaft was not perfectly horizontal. Apart from that, plays well when strung correctly.

At the end of the day, most rackets differ by weight and feel depending on brand, model etc.... those factors are not necessarily valid to say the fake rackets are garbage (in my humble opinion) except when making direct comparisons to a genuine VT80.

As an example, if I go back to playing with an old Carbonex 15 the shaft would probably be a little softer and also less dampening around the frame and more likely to be more head heavy than most Yonex rackets today.... You didn't see anyone complaining about it back in 1983 when it was released..??? In fact everyone was raving about it upon release.... LOL probably showing my age now....

16. sharathcv

sharathcv Regular Member

Engineer
    racket model: Yonex Arcsaber FB shaft serial: Not able to get, will update as soon as I get it cone code : 180934JP source : buying from my brother's friend. he bought it via his relative in japan price : ~US$ 295 Will update as soon as I get cone code...

17. Shan0331

Shan0331 New Member

Supervisor
    Hi. I hope you can assist me to figure out if my racket is fake or real Racket model: Yonex Arcsaber FB Shaft serial: 4023339 Cone code: 050132UK Source: Gift Thanks a lot in advance :)

Maxwellsammy likes this.
  18. Shan0331

Shan0331 New Member

Supervisor
    Yonex racket fake or not?

Hi. I hope you can assist me to figure out if my racket is fake or real Racket model: Yonex Arcsaber FB Shaft serial: 4023339 Cone code: 050132UK Source: Gift Thanks a lot in advance

19. gcurayag

gcurayag New Member

Student
    I got a ti-10 1st gen. though it has no CODE !! is it fake?? this one was really OLD and it feels so good to play with. . . though i can feel that the materials is authentic and the paint is so real . . . but the problem is that i has no CODE PLS HELP tnx btw im new here LOL

20. Luvoflife

Luvoflife Regular Member

badminton365

hi
    this website badminton365 seems to be selling cheap rackets can anyone authenticity for this site thx