Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. miksss

miksss Regular Member

‘Rudderless’ PBSI Drove National Coaches to Quit

The resignation of two national coaches this month apparently had more to do with the Indonesian Badminton Association’s “lack of direction” than a rumored rift with a Chinese colleague.

Women’s singles coach Marleve Mainaky quit the team on March 6 before his assistant, Sarwendah Kusumawardhani, followed suit on Tuesday.

Both of them said the national training camp in Cipayung, East Jakarta, was in disarray and the working conditions did not allow them to do their jobs properly, prompting them to leave.

“It seems like everyone is walking in different directions, everyone is making their own decisions without consulting each other,” Marleve said on Thursday.

“PBSI [Indonesian Badminton Association] does a lot things that are not its main responsibility,” she added. “There’s too much overlapping of tasks. And the policy constantly changes. That’s why I decided to resign.”

Sarwendah said she took issue with PBSI president Djoko Santoso’s instruction to train members of the military.

“According to my appointment letter, I only needed to focus on preparing athletes for tournaments,” she said. “But early this week, I was told to train the personnel at Seskoal [Indonesian Naval Command and Staff College] in Cipulir. I’m wondering what the main focus is — to train the athletes or the officers?”

Marleve and Sarwendah denied they left the PBSI because of Li Mao, but acknowledged that it wasn’t easy working the Chinese coach. Li is the first foreigner to work with Indonesia’s national shuttlers.

“I can work with him, for sure,” Marleve said. “It just seemed like he didn’t want to share responsibilities in training the athletes.

“He wants to do things by himself. [PBSI] seems to agree with all the things he wants to do without discussing them first with us, the local coaches.”

Sarwendah said it was hard to communicate with Li.

“He’s never discussed anything with me,” she said. “At the camp I only did what he told me to do, that’s why I couldn’t really develop my coaching ability.”

Sarwendah said she would consider returning to the PBSI only if Marleve returned to the camp. Marleve had said he didn’t plan to go back to Cipayung.

Djoko said the PBSI was not making “a big deal out of the coaches’ resignation, and both are welcome if they want to return.”

Meanwhile, on the court, Simon Santoso easily advanced to the men’s singles third round at the Swiss Open Grand Prix Gold with a 21-8, 21-15 victory over Canadian Stephan Wojcikiewicz on Wednesday.

In the women’s singles, Lindaweni Fanetri upset No. 8 seed Cheng Shao-chieh of Taiwan 21-17, 16-21, 22-20 in the $125,000 tournament at St. Jakobshalle Arena in Basel.

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/badminton/rudderless-pbsi-drove-national-coaches-to-quit/429854

2. miksss

miksss Regular Member

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    And the Google translation is:

General Chairman of Indonesian Badminton Association (PBS) Djoko Santoso was just stating there is no problem of communication in the body of the organization.

Although in the last month have the two coaches have resigned, namely Marleve Mainaky and Sarwendah.

"I always come, no problem. But, the PBSI out of other motives," said Djoko Badminton League after opening Journalist (LBW) in GOR Badminton Senayan, Jakarta, Kamis (17 / 3).

Related pullback Sarwendah, Djoko admitted trying to stop it. Currently, Djoko is sending Vice Chairman of the I Sabar Yudo to deepen its case.

"Already I have received (the resignation Sarwendah). We certainly do not want him to resign. Pak Sabar was to deepen the problem. If you have any dialogue with Pak Sabar, we will decide," said Djoko.

Asked about the case is related to the assignment to train Navy officers in Seskoal, Djoko express request is communicated orally. To inform the public about the purpose of badminton is among the military.

"We hope the officers that after education and the office, can be socialized and develop sport of badminton in the unit and its surroundings," he said.

Djoko admitted when the assignment given to Sarwendah no rejection. And when a rejection should be tried first before deciding to stop and talk to the media.

"It is time that (application) verbally, but if there are objections should talk. But they really respond to resign," he said.

Train the officers, said Djoko, only two or three times only, such as honor and properly.

"When the task there (Seskoal), there is no need to PBSI. This is an honor and we value the most fitting for him to train there," he said.

However, Djoko state PBSI still open the door when Sarwendah want to go back.

It is said, one way to improve the erosion performance of PBSI is to bring some of its members. As medical personnel from China, a foreign coach, psikolok services and nutrition experts. While the problem still continues to push regenerasasi.

"First we try to close ranks, take a coach from outside, medical personnel from China, we took a nutritionist and a member of Salatiga motivation. We fix the dining room, build a swimming pool, as the responses of all the criticism," he said.

4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Well, no good outcome from back-to-back bdm tourney in Europe. Even INA shuttlers failed to secure final spot at Basel, a GP Gold level without CHN squad attendance and some MAS, DEN top-names participation, this is sad reality :(

5. jump-smash

jump-smash Regular Member

Sales Manager
    well base on facts
    I couldn't agree more
    sad but true

6. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Shuttlers’ Slump a Concern Ahead of SEA Games

Ami Afriatni | March 21, 2011

The way Indonesia’s shuttlers have been playing lately, even a podium finish at this year’s Southeast Asian Games is far from a sure thing, one of the country’s great players said on Monday.

Rudy Hartono, an eight-time All-England champion, said his countrymen’s slump was a concern as Indonesia prepared to host the SEA Games on Nov. 11-20.

“After seeing Indonesia’s performance in international tournaments lately, it will be hard for them to even win a medal in the SEA Games,” Rudy told state-run news agency Antara.

“Shuttlers from Malaysia and Thailand have been improving, and I think they can topple our dominance in the region.”

As the first quarter of the year comes to a close, Indonesia has yet to figure prominently on the international badminton circuit.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Full article -- http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/badminton/shuttlers-slump-a-concern-ahead-of-sea-games/430692

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    when the malaysia fans is talking about self destruct
    it was surprising that ina press say we are improving
    however,player like lcw and koo/tan will not participate in sea games

8. naistav

naistav Regular Member

It's Rudy Hartono said that :D.
    However, I think he was referring to LCW outstanding achievement so far is good enough to cover the rest :)

#2148 naistav, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  9. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Editorial: Bad badminton years

The Jakarta Post | Wed, 03/23/2011 8:47 PM | Editorial

Badminton is one of the most popular sports in Indonesia, along with soccer, that the country has been struggling to excel in after the glorious era of the past. But, our team’s poor performance in the Swiss Open Grand Prix Gold 2011 last week and the prestigious All England competition the previous week has cast doubt on whether badminton remains as popular as it used to be.

The fact that fewer Indonesian singles and doubles players rank among the top five in the world rankings than in previous years is evidence of the decline. It is a worrying trend as the country of 235 million people has never fallen short of talents and competitions to scout for the best among the best.

Not just in individual tournaments but also in team events titles have eluded Indonesia for quite a long time. Indonesia last won the Thomas Cup men’s team championship in 2002 and its Uber Cup women’s equivalent in 1996.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Read completely -- http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2011/03/23/bad-badminton-years.html

10. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Finally we hear some concerns from high above. Am I fair to say that we now expect news on the actions taken to improve results (obviously apart from hiring Li Mai)

11. jump-smash

Sales Manager
    if we want to see result as soon as possible
    then the only way to do it is by importing players instead of coaches
    players such as Lee Chong for MS and Mathias Boe / Carsten Mogensen for MD
    and also my favorite Wang Shi Xian for WS
    hahaha LOL

12. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

First you need to find INA ladies (or Gen if you want to get WSX) to marry them, then they can have INA citizenship. Otherwise, in you dream !!! :D:D:D

13. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    and simon santoso is world rank #9 now
    such a fast ranking move...
    can he go to top 5 end of this year???a very huge chance

14. jump-smash

Sales Manager
    yes in my dream i'm still young and single
    and i marry WSX
    and then she come to Jakarta to play WS
    but then I woke up ... damn !

15. PoLLuX

PoLLuX Regular Member

Student
    Okay, I'll take Wang Lin then :p *keep dreaming* lol

16. Gicutzu

Gicutzu Regular Member

Student
    I'm young and single, so the following has to be done:

1) give me Indonesian citizenship
    2) I'll marry WSX
    3) she will play for INA
    4) ???
    5) Profit!

17. jump-smash

Sales Manager
    hahaha LOL
    keep dreaming guys ...
    it's free to dream hahaha

18. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Mr. Djen jen, one of PBSI's official had passed away yesterday due to heart attack while playing tennis

19. Gicutzu

Gicutzu Regular Member

Student
    Sorry to hear that. Requiescat in pace.

20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Very shocked to hear that. I thought he was the one who accompanied the team to All England and Swiss?