Wang Yihan ( 王仪涵 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by suetyan, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Lisa_Meilinda

Lisa_Meilinda Regular Member

i hope she will join indonesia gpg on september in yogyakarta, although i think that's impossible.. haha..
    someone said that Yihan not as friendly as others china players, that's true?
    some people said, Yihan a little bit awkward and stiff.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Now we know what happened to WYH's first round defeat to Yip Pui Yin in the INA Open PSS. According to this report http://sports.qq.com/a/20130626/017385.htm , she was tired out by the pre-selection matches for the All China Games just a coupe of days before heading to Indonesia. While she was exempted from having to pre-qualify for the individual WS, she had to play for the Shanghai team in the pre-selection team matches in which she had to do duty in both women's singles and women's doubles. Yup, the team coach felt that the Shanghai team WD was weak and instructed WYH to form a scratch WD pair in the hope that her fearsome reputation as WS world champion might be able to scare the opposition even though WYH protested she wasn't up to it as far as WD was concerned, but to no avail.

In the end she had to play both WS and WD in the morning session and did the same in the afternoon session on the very same day of the opening tie, yes, a total of four matches on that particular day. In fact, in between the WS and WD there was just a one match(MS/MD/XD) rest for both the morning and afternoon sessions. As expected she won in the WS but lost the WD, which however also drained her out just before the start of the INA Open PSS that resulted in her R1 loss to YipPY. Luckily,in spite of her losing both the WDs matches, Shanghai team still managed to qualify for the finals in September.

Fortunately and ironically, that first-round exit in the IOPSS also afforded her a week's rest before the following SIN Open SS where she gradually regained her form to win the title. Btw, the All China Games is a premier multi-sports quadrennial event that is extremely important for all the nation's athletes to take part in representing their respective provinces, municipalities and autonomous regions, including the HKSAR and Macau SAR. It is officially designated as the National Games of the People's Republic of China,this year is the 12th edition to be held at Shenyang in northeastrn Liaoning Province from 31st August to 12th September 2013, labelled by some as 'China's Olympics' (not to be confused with the All-China Games which is another quadrennial national multi-sports event for non-Olympic sports in China which,incidentally, HKSAR participated for the first time in the 4th edition in 2010 at Hefei,Anhui).

3. Lisa_Meilinda

nice share. thank u Justin..
    according to all of you, between LXR and WYH, which one do you think is better? in terms of physic, technique, footwork etc.. Thank for sharing

4. vixter

vixter Regular Member

I think WYH and LXR are equally good, and a level above everyone else in WS. The daily physical form and mental strength will determine who wins between them each time, because they are so close in all other aspects, I think. But right now, I think WYH is a little bit stronger than LXR because she seems to be playing with slightly less pressure. LXR as new world no. 1 and Olympic champion has more pressure, while WYH has dropped a little bit in the rankings and should be keen on getting back up.

5. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    Let look at it from other angle. The rest of WS fear facing LXR more so than WYH. H2H, I will take LXR in major tournaments and WYH in smaller ones. I feel LXR has no desire to win every tournament she enters.

6. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

7. jejujeju

jejujeju Regular Member

student
    look at how yihan walk to the court, she's way was like a man, but i like it. :D

8. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

taken from the chinese forum

10p1a4ucu0af.jpg

92q13qo7c46o.jpg

xafifrvv49kc.jpg

9. Lisa_Meilinda

i prefer her on court than off court, in man style than a woman style.. i think she looks better when full of sweat than a lot of face powder.. ahaha :D

10. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    On-court persona: dragon (I personally think more "praying mantis")
    Off-court persona: butterfly
    :)

11. Lisa_Meilinda

yaa totally agree.. i like when she looks scary on court, cool, full fighting even in "impossible score" position, that's inspire us to not give up untill the bell ring.. i impress with her tenacity

12. bdfreak87

bdfreak87 Regular Member

13. julianng

julianng Regular Member

i agree , she looks better when she's sweaty or just finished workout in the heat or something.... rather than trying to be cool in that photo.....

14. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    She looks good on court because we are comparing her with others players, when she makes up, we comparing her with actress and etc, which is of higher standrad

15. anilsreedhar

anilsreedhar Regular Member

i think she looks better in court because she becomes her personality. while posing, she becomes just a model and not the wang yihan we find fascinating

16. madbad

madbad Regular Member

She looks good either way. If you look good, you look good :D

17. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    If you look good on court, you will look better off court because on court you are without make-up.
    It's called Natural beauty.

#2237 nokh88, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I couldn't care if she looked like a horse's a$$ -as long as she can play sublime badminton. :D

19. visor

visor Regular Member

Ah... but to be able to both play sublime badminton and look good, now that is even better. ;)

20. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    ^ It helps, yes! ;)

A lot of the younger generation of womens players could easily find a job in the modelling world, I think... a second string to their bow...