Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Really good picture:)
    [​IMG]

2. visor

visor Regular Member

and perhaps this too :p

View attachment 127957

but let's not jinx him ... he still has to pass thru cl in 8 hrs time... ;)

#8522 visor, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Yes, hope he still continues to be high in spirit:)
    [​IMG]

4. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Sure will do it.....:D

5. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Is that his sweat or saliva...................?? LOL

Best of luck to LCW in the SF..................

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Wow! He sure looks focussed! :eek: :D And I like the look of the shoulder and upper arm, too! Wish him to win in straight games. :)

7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to watch all the matches involving all the semifinalists: LCW, CL, LHI and LD.

Their winning performances so far:

LCW (1) defeated:

1. Ville Lang (FIN) 21-8, 14-21, 21-11
    2. Simon Santoso (9) 21-12, 21-8
    3. Kashyap Parupalli (IDN) 21-19, 21-11

LCW has been progressing very well despite his recent "misadventures". It seems he has almost totally recovered but I confess I have not seen him in action in LOG so far. But if he is able to beat SS so easily as indicated by the scores, he must have been in great shape as regards his fitness, his speed and stroke excution, particularly his lethal jumping cross-court smash.

It has been publicised that he wants to win the gold medal for MAS and if his mental approach against both CL and subsequently LD remains strong and focussed, his chances of winning will be high.

Against LD, who also said he wants a record second Olympic gold, it will be another minds game. But LD is without "The Thing" to comfort aand reassure him this time, so LCW must take full advantage of the situation.

CL (3) defeated:

1. Boonsak Ponsana (THA) 21-12, 21-17
    2. Wong Wing Ki (16) (HKG) 21-17, 21-17
    3. Peter Gade (5) (DEN) 21-16, 21-13

CL's path so far appears to be more difficult than LCW's as he has to overcome PG but he did it. As he has beaten LCW before and with a longer period of preparation without injury, he will be confident to meet LCW.

I think this will be a most testing task for LCW, but if he succeeds he will be more confident to take on LD.

LD (2) defeated:

1. Scott Evans (IRL) 21-8, 21-14
    2. Taufik Hidayat (11) INA 21-9, 21-12
    3. Sho Sasaki (6) JPN 21-12, 16-21, 21-16

It was a surprise that SS was able to extend LD to the rubber. He performed rather poorly in the recent Singapore Open.

But LD seems to have something up his sleeve most times and will reveal it when required. So LCW must not be deluded into thinking that LD's form has dropped. LD will unleash his magic at the most critical moment and LCW will do well to expect it.

So, whose mental strength will prevail? So far, LD have displayed this invisible aspect much more forcibly than LCW. How LCW handles it this time will be the deciding factor, assuming he could keep pace with LD in all other aspects.

LHI (7) defeated:

1. Rodrigo Pacheco Carrillo (PER) 21-12, 21-7
    2. Jan O Jorgensen (12) (DEN) 21-17, 21-13
    3. Chen Jin (4) (CHN) 21-15, 21-16

It is a credit to LHI for being able to knock out two formidable foes. His performance at the Singapore Open is best left unspoken.

But against LD, I think his chance of winning looks rather dim, unless he is able to surprise with an attacking game, which is not his preferred strategy.

Semi-Finals today:

LCW v CL
    LHI v LD

As for the final results, it is best that we take it a step at a time. :D

#8527 Loh, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  8. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

I know LCW is a lean person, but I noticed his frame is smaller than usual but the arms have beef up a bit, is it a optical illusion? The beef up arms makes everything look smaller than before, or is it the other way round?

Guess he could only concentrate on the arms for a few weeks during the recovery.

9. TimothyHsu

TimothyHsu Regular Member

high schooler
    Where on youtube can I find LCW vs SS?

10. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

I dont care if he wins gold or not, by making to the semis after that kind of injury he is already a winner showing that he will fight to the end.

I hope he doesnt think of the gold medal but think of showing those who wrote him off a few weeks ago that his fighting spirit is still no.1 in the world.

All those who have seen him last year at WC knows that he does not look and move around with the same speed and accuracy in this Olympics. So the gold medal would be a tall order for him.

11. victory

victory Regular Member

Yes. well said. I think he must not think of gold or any medal rihght now. I think his only focus right now is on get rid of CL tonight.

12. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I hope for a Malaysian Gold! But all this blah blah about his twisted ankle, two and a half months ago is silly. Resting period before a big big championship is key for peaking, anyone should know that, and a twisted ankle is really not an injury that should be overstated. I think most athletes have twisted their ankel sometime Actually the injury helped LCW optimize his peaking by resting, and of course also take some pressure from him from local media, supporters etc..

If he looses he an alway "blame" he was not 100% recovered from his twisted ankle that occured 2 months and 12 days ago!!! And If he win fans could say it was even more impressive!!

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    because the ankle is injured
    thats why he can only work on his arm
    so,hehe

14. flite

flite Regular Member

Another loads of BS as usual!

Resting period is of course important but not with injury, "GENIUS". First and foremost its about how well one's preparation is and with a severely twisted ankle how are you going to train? Top athletes has a systematic training program to peak at the right time for major tourney and his was ruined. At that point of time he wasn't even sure whether participating in this Olympics is something within his reach. He was struggling with everything from factor of time to optimum performance training, body conditioning, form as well as his mental on how to deal with the ankle phobia when he is back on court. On top of that he has to spare a lot of time (when he has little) to go for treatment, physios and all sorts.

Go try ask any other players whether an ankle injury like what LCW suffered would help their course in winning a medal in Olympics.:rolleyes: If they say yes then ask them to prove it to you cos talk is cheap.

He got back to where he is today despite all the setbacks is because of his spirit to keep on fighting even when the odds are down. Credit should be given when one deserved it. Will you ever learn?

I thought I know you well enough from all your previous postings but you are so ever lacking congruity. You just brought absurdism to a new height.:eek:

Also don't worry so much about LCW's medal prospect cos you wouldn't. All you worry about is LD's medal value if he successfully retain the gold. We will give him the credit he deserve cos not everybody is like you.

#8534 flite, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  15. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Yah, OK all these taping of the gals, and boys in the top 10 are just for show :) The ONLY relevant injury any of these players have faced is the thorn ankle ligament two and a half month ago, that messed with LCWs preparation :)

I understand that your emotions run high, but you can at least listen to LCW himself saying
    "I have just come back from injury and there is less pressure." - LCW

He recieve the very best stemcell treatment for his ankle!!

"He stayed off it for three-and-a-half weeks and started training again..." - team physio Sandra Fielder

Honestly the Ankle looked pretty fine and dandy on court yesturday..

I does not speak well of your character to talk so much about what "you know" about me, without we ever even met in person.

Cheers,
    T

16. xsakurax

xsakurax Regular Member

He still feel pain in his ankle. He mentioned that after his 1st or 2nd match and he said that he had taken painkiller before the tournament. :crying:So dont think that even if LCW looks ok but doesn't mean his ankle is not in pain. He is trying to focus and ignore his ankle.

#8536 xsakurax, Aug 3, 2012
  17. flite

flite Regular Member

Again that's not the point. Who doesn't know that LCW has came back from injury and was lay off for a few weeks? You don't? You were talking about his current condition and again who doesn't know that he played well on court for the last couple of games? You don't? Hey it was live-telecasted!

All you were saying was that he has enough rest and that is the main reason he played well. That kind of statement sounded absolutely one dimensional, half-baked and makes you looked shallow.:eek: Sorry to say that.

Again like I said talk is cheap. Get another player and show it to me as what LCW has shown to all of us.

On my emotions running high with just a few sentences of yours with no factual back-up or whatsoever, dream on mate. Yes for looking at the way LCW played so far. How about you when you saw him won his matches?

On knowing you personally, I preferred to remain status quo.;)

Cheers, of course.

#8537 flite, Aug 3, 2012
  18. 57.Christ

57.Christ Regular Member

Student
    LCW is teaching Chen Long how to play like a boss.. hahaha

19. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

So proud of you, Lee Chong Wei!
    No matter the result in the final, you are definitely the best men singles player that Malaysia has ever produced! 2 consecutive Olympic finals!
    Fight on!

20. limb7567

limb7567 Regular Member

student
    Congratulation LCW on getting two olympic medals. Be it two silver or one silver one gold, it does not matter! No pressure in the final, just do your best. You have shown us great courage and inspiration just by getting into final. Proud to be malaysian because of u.. We love u LCW! :D