Wang Shixian ( 王适娴 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by george@chongwei, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Wang Xin to be new women world champion !

Now for this world championship(women's), I believe Wang Xin has the best chance followed by the other three more or less equal chances, mainly because I think Wang Yihan though Wang YH may be stronger than the other two, her inconsistency and nerves may fail her.

As for Wang SX, if she can develop her attacking skill, able to suddenly inject pace, be more pro-active, move quickly and increase her physical strength, she will be in her winning ways again. But it takes time for her to change, provided she has the will and determination, as well as the discipline to work hard on it.

After all, she is still young and badminton is what she does best presently which would or could enable her to achieve great success and fame in life. Go for it.

Still wondering if this forum could reach Wang SX.

2. laonong

laonong Regular Member

NO. She does not read English. Chinese players do not visit English website. Maybe open another Chinese forum here. You have to post your message to Chinese web site.

And I believe her coach knows her weakness.

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    whoever from china won the ws will get cursed
    wang shi xian is clever!

4. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Hmm. Then look like both WSX and also JYJ are very smart. :D:D:D

5. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    She just forgot she was destroyed by WL last year.

6. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

+1, just look at the past 2 years' winners Lu Lan and Wang Lin, where are they now?

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    zhu lin in 2007,lu lan in 2009,wang lin in 2010
    all get cursed!

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Cursed or not, it's every badminton player's dream to win the world championship - ask Lin Dan, Lee Chong Wei, Wang SX herself, Wang Xin, Wang Yihan, Cheng SC and Juliane Schenk, even if you could prove to them it is a curse.

My command of mandarin is not good enough, so I hope somebody can help me post my views/messages regarding Wang SX to other Chinese websites/fora to catch her attention for I fear she would continue to be beaten by her rivals until she develops an attacking game, play dynamically, improve her speed, able to suddenly inject pace and be physically stronger - this coupled with her already consummate court craft and mental strength will make her a great champion, an undisputed number 1 for a long time to come, I believe and hope so.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Wang Lin is an all-rounded player, once her injury problem is over, she will make a stunning comeback, just wait and see. Tine Baun is one good example, playing beter than ever after recovering from her serious injury despite her age catching up. It is all a matter of willpower and determination, qualities that true world class athletes possess.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Wang SX after losing to Cheng Shao-Chieh yesterday said:"I need to go back and study her previous games more and maybe come back with a bit better idea of my tactics against her." According to the commentator Jo Clark who watched that game, Cheng SC played better with all the right tactics and thoroughly deserved the win. She moved fast, attacked well and was pyhsically fitter.

Wang SX really needs to do some serious self-analysis and self-reflection and improve all-round not just against Cheng SC but all her main rivals as well, or her badminton days may be over very soon.

As I've said before, her main rivals know how to read her game, anticipate her shots and never have to worry about her attack or smash as there is none as every time you lift the shuttle high her return is almost always a clear to the back or a drop shot near the net; additionally, force Wang SX to lift the shuttle and then thunder down a smash without having to go for the lines i.e just smash hard against her without worrying about accuracy, leaving her merely reacting to your play. This was basically what Morten Frost said was his strategy to Tine Baun when she trounced Wang SX in the SG Open

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Wang SX after losing to Cheng Shao-Chieh yesterday said:"I need to go back and study her&nbsp;previous games more and maybe come back with a bit better idea&nbsp;of my tactics against her." According to the commentator Jo Clark who watched that game, Cheng SC played better with all the right tactics and thoroughly deserved the win. She moved fast, attacked well and was pyhsically fitter. <br><br>Wang SX really needs to do some serious self-analysis and self-reflection and improve all-round not just against Cheng SC but all her main rivals as well, or her badminton days may be over very soon.<br><br> As I've said before, her main rivals know how to read her game, anticipate her shots and never have to worry about her attack or smash as there is none as every time you lift the shuttle high her return is almost always a clear to the back or a drop shot near the net; additionally, force Wang SX to lift the shuttle and then thunder down a smash without having to go for the lines i.e just smash hard against her without worrying about accuracy, leaving her merely reacting to your play. This was basically what Morten Frost said was his strategy to Tine Baun when she trounced Wang SX in the SG Open

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Wang SX has suffered five successive defeats in five consecutive tournaments, playing more like world number 10 than 1. Time for her to prove herself again this upcoming Li Ning China Masters followed by Japan Open. Hope to see her attacking more, moving faster in court and physically stronger and start winning tournaments again!<br><br>Learn to be an all-rounded complete player like her compatriots Wang Xin and Wang Yihan - this, in addition to her original forte of beautiful stroke play and stronger nerves, will make her a formidable force once again. Don't go down the route of Lu Lan and Zhu Lin who never recovered once they went downhill. In this respect she should take a leaf from Wang Yihan who works extremely hard, is very disciplined and takes charge of her own training and improvement by watching her opponents play and taking notes instead of just relying on her coaches.

13. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

What happened exactly to her ?? WSX used to be formidable player.....Mental block ?? Or self esteem problem

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I guess Wang SX achieved success too fast after bursting onto the badminton scene in 2010 and was catapulted to world number one after winning six out of seven consecutive finals, the last major win being the All-England this year, if I remember correctly. At first, all her opponents were caught by surprise and not used to her style of play which is to place her shots so well as to cover all four corners of the court and making them twist and turn in trying to retrieve her shots. But lately, I believed, her opponents having scrutinised and studied her game closely must have realised that Wang SX hardly attacks or smashes, always playing clears and drop shots either down the line or cross court, thereby making it easier to anticipate her returns. As I've said before, that's how Morten Frost coached Tine Baun to thrashed Wang SX in the SG Open, and that's also why on two occasions Morten Frost commentated during her matches that Wang SX must develop a more attacking game and become an all-rounded complete player.

Let's hope her previous remarkable successes didn't get into her head - she once boasted she would start the year 2011 with a Super Series title (not counting the SS Final for 2010 which was actually held in Jan 2011) which she duly did, the Malaysian Open. Better to be humble when she is still so young, over-confidence is not a good thing when she is still developing as a player. Frankly, though quite disappointed with her debacle lately, I like her still and very much hope to see her make a stunning comeback soon. I believed, she has what it takes but the preesure in China is great as they have so many good players waiting in the wings, ready to replace any who falters.

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Maybe Wang SX could learn how to attack as part of her repertoir from her compatriots Wang Xin (best attacking player), Wang YH (a complete, all-round player), and Li Xuerui (an up and coming player with a lethal smash)

16. ryanichiro

ryanichiro Regular Member

maybe this can reach Wang shixian if you have a t.qq microblog
    maybe shixian will read :D

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thanks for your suggestion but I'm not sure how to get there, even so Wang SX doesn't read English and I've difficulty writing in Chinese.

Also just learnt that she has been overtaken by Wang YH as world number 1 as expected. My worry is she will continue sliding unless and until she acquire an attacking game to add to her repertoire, i.e. another killer shot as Morten Frost used to say.

18. lucida

lucida Regular Member

Student
  19. lucida

lucida Regular Member

Student
  20. madbad

madbad Regular Member